2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And people say trading for players is difficult.

This was sorted clean and painless

Negotiations are still on going

A Big Mac plus a Medium Coke and you've got yourself a deal

Ok a Big Mac and Medium Coke

BUT

We get to keep the Happy Meal toy

Deal?

Starts okay then rapidly devolves into fantasy football. Why would Brisbane do their leg? They'll have no trouble getting offers from Schache a damn sight better than upgrading 18 to 10. 3 and 10 for 1 and 18 alone isn't far off an even swap. Meanwhile, what incentive do GWS have to offload Kelly and Kennedy on the cheap? A salary dump won't do it - trying to re-sign Kelly is the primary source of their squeeze, so him moving on solves it alone - and given Brisbane's lack of attachment to pick 1, on which this trade rests, there are a range of ways for them to get hold of it.

Bris are keen on Dow so for them to trade pick 1 it would need to be a godfather offer. And most likely staying but a contracted Schache is a top 10 pick min

Bris are keen on Dow so for them to trade pick 1 it would need to be a godfather offer. And most likely staying but a contracted Schache is a top 10 pick min

As the person that posted it (and realise as a newb zero credibility) I suggest people read it closely.

For the Lions - you also get your free agency compo for Rockliff effectively upgraded from pick 18 to pick 2.

You still get Dow (as I noted you are keen on) at pick 2 because GWS take Rayner with your pick 1. GWS believe Rayner is that classy forward/mid hybrid their list is missing and if they have to lose Kelly - he is their price.

Is this a done deal? - absolutely not. But each component has been discussed with the individual clubs and nobody has said "hell no". Break it down and analyse it closely - works well for all involved.

As the person that posted it (and realise as a newb zero credibility) I suggest people read it closely.

For the Lions - you also get your free agency compo for Rockliff effectively upgraded from pick 18 to pick 2.

You still get Dow (as I noted you are keen on) at pick 2 because GWS take Rayner with your pick 1. GWS believe Rayner is that classy forward/mid hybrid their list is missing and if they have to lose Kelly - he is their price.

Is this a done deal? - absolutely not. But each component has been discussed with the individual clubs and nobody has said "hell no". Break it down and analyse it closely - works well for all involved.
Or they keep pick 1 and have pick 1 AND 2 based on the Rockliff compensation

Lennon is just a sh1tter Tyrone Vickery..
No.
He's kicked a truckload of goals this year in the VFL.
Is talented with the ball and when he has it inside 50, you'd back him in to kick the goal.

Problem is with our game style he just doesn't do what is required from a forward. His pressure when the opposition has the ball is minimal and he's not quick.

No.
He's kicked a truckload of goals this year in the VFL.
Is talented with the ball and when he has it inside 50, you'd back him in to kick the goal.

Problem is with our game style he just doesn't do what is required from a forward. His pressure when the opposition has the ball is minimal and he's not quick.
The lack of pace and pressure may cost him being wanted by anyone. But agree he is very talented.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell no from Adelaide.

If we get that pick, we keep it for Fogerty.

We will offer our first, second and third for Gibbs and your third.

Stratton for balic plus a pick maybe. Why would we want taberner and even if we did Stratton equals both of them on his own

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You can Keep Stratton, knee injuries at 28 years is hard to fixed . He can sit in rehab and collect his salary from hawthorn .

We have 11 and I'd have no issue offering that up.
Hooker is going on 30.
Schache at FF, Daniher at CHF, Stewart as third tall. Tippa, Fanta and green at their feet

Hypothetical three way trade:
Geelong: Jake Stringer
Richmond: Rhys Stanley + pick 20
Bulldogs: Pick 15

What are people's thoughts...maybe some late picks to balance things a bit better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back