Review 2017 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we reckon Hartung worth a punt as delisted free agent? Super fit and fast and finds enough of the footy?
I can't see us being interested in any of the DFA options. We already traded for Gibson. If we go one short on the senior list again (highly likely) then we only have 2 senior list positions to fill - #12 and #39 (Edwards).

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Something else that would generate some interesting discussion.

Another poster on here said he had a little birdy who is well connected, and said that we were into Shaun Burgoyne. We were trying to bring him over in a deal similar to Sam Mitchell’s where he played for a year or two, and then moved into a coaching role.

And he said yes too! Had agreed to it all personally, it’s just that hawthorn said no Frustrating to say the least, would have been a huge coup! Do we maybe think that’s what pick 39 was for, to use in a trade?

It’s not gospel and 100% confirmed, but upon hearing this, something tells me that Puopolo wasn’t our actual target, and was maybe the media being led astray?

Anyways, I hope that we are still in his ear about becoming a coach regardless. Couldn’t think of anyone better to teach the young ones great technique and composure.
Can't he just retire and then we pick him up as a DFA? That's how the Vic teams do it

What's his contract status?

I can't see us being interested in any of the DFA options. We already traded for Gibson. If we go one short on the senior list again (highly likely) then we only have 2 senior list positions to fill - #12 and #39 (Edwards).

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
When is the next list lodgement date to find out who the DFAs are?

Poort Pear are like an eight year old playing monopoly. If they have enough money then they will buy any shitty thing whether they need it or not.

At least they might be able to pick up a few Get out of Jail Free cards :D.
... for Ryder.

How can he be delisted with a year to go? Surely it has to be a trade? I trust his salary still coubts counts towards the Roos TPP
Kangaroos will need to pay any shortfall from Port's salary.

Thomas, Gray & Wingard in their forward line is going to be full on acting classes...

Burgoyne and Gibbs coming in to our side would have been an unbelievable addition of class. I wonder Hawthorn's reasoning behind ditching other big names, but not silk...

Can't he just retire and then we pick him up as a DFA? That's how the Vic teams do it

What's his contract status?

Unsure, haven't really checked. Only found out about it from my mate a day or 2 after the TP ended.

Really would like to know why Hawks pissed off Lewis for a packet of chips essentially and released Mitchell for next to nothing, but yet didn't want to trade Burgoyne. I understand Mitchell was to obviously go home and he also wanted to coach, but don't think Hawks will be in the 8 next year again next year and Burgoyne was going to be under very similar circumstances.

Maybe they received a lot of backlash for releasing those premium mids and the dishing up what they did this year, and didnt want to go down the same path again with Burger and Hodge. But the guy is 35 for gods sake, wouldnt you want to extract whatever value out of him now while you still can?

Burgoyne and Gibbs coming in to our side would have been an unbelievable addition of class. I wonder Hawthorn's reasoning behind ditching other big names, but not silk...
Might be more a question of who they ditch to ... Hodge was saying Hawks ok with him going to Bris because were rebuilding and not really a competitor to them. Crows OTOH would be.

Kangaroos will need to pay any shortfall from Port's salary.

Thomas, Gray & Wingard in their forward line is going to be full on acting classes...
It's already been dubbed "The Reef".

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wow, so for all the media criticism of the Gibbs trade, one of the most experienced Vic AFL journos has come out saying Carlton settled for unders. This is a backhanded compliment to the Crows.

"but the asking price wasn’t high enough, according to veteran footy reporter Mike Sheahan."
"Gibbs is 28 with five years of good football left in him,” he told SEN Breakfast.

Or course, any credibility of the article was ruined by his other statementst talking about Power:

“Some people would call them flaky, but I have the Port Adelaide Power as my flag favourites,” Sheahan told SEN Breakfast.
“They have got accomplished footballers stepping straight into that team. Motlop, he was Geelong’s best player in the finals, Jack Watts and Rockliff is a star.”"
“Lindsay Thomas isn’t in their best team, but I’ll bet you now that Lindsay Thomas kicks 30 goals in 2018,” he said.

Is he on medication? Senile? If Power recruit Thomas as a fringe player he would need to average around 3 goals a game to achieve that, but realistically he doesn't always turn up so he'd need at least 4 hauls of 5+. If Thomas is even in the team that means they are going badly enough to pick him.

Meanwhile Bartel is tipping Ablett to kick 40+ goals. Sounds like next year will be a goal fest! All teams average Scores will go up.

Considering Gary's 14 game max in the last 3 seasons he will be averaging over 3 goals a game too. Not that I'd put it completely past the former master but seems unlikely, if more likely than Thomas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back