Prediction 2017 Trade rumour accuracy thread.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Can I join in?.........Thanks in advance.
Generally speaking, the common sense rumours become the common sense outcomes.

Hopper to Carlton.
Kelly to North.
Gibbs to Adelaide.
Fyfe to the Saints.
Why is Fyfe to Saints common sense? Common sense would suggest he stays put.

Why is Fyfe to Saints common sense? Common sense would suggest he stays put.

There have been several clubs (Carlton included) that have banked 2 years of traveling unders on the TPP, that will have to start shelling out those dollars.

Richmond openly claimed to have a warchest last year and handed over 700K+ for Prestia.
The Saints have the picks along with the money to lure Fyfe, if that's what it takes. Fyfe may not ultimately want to go, but the groundwork is done.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
There have been several clubs (Carlton included) that have banked 2 years of traveling unders on the TPP, that will have to start shelling out those dollars.

Richmond openly claimed to have a warchest last year and handed over 700K+ for Prestia.
The Saints have the picks along with the money to lure Fyfe, if that's what it takes. Fyfe may not ultimately want to go, but the groundwork is done.
That's only numbers and ground work, not necessarily common sense. If he was a Victorian lad then that might be different.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The ones I believe at this point are:

Josh Kelly specifically to North Melbourne due largely to the family connection with the club (old man played for them)

M McGovern to WA :(

Lever to remain a Crow :)

Pittard to Vic

Schache to Vic

Rockliff to remain a Lion

Devon Smith to Vic

Ablett to the Cats

Billings to remain a Saint

Scharenberg to remain a Pie

Sam Reid to Vic (FA)

Zak Jones to remain a Swan

Personally I have no read on the situations with Dusty, Fyfe, Hopper or Gibbs. Just as likely to stay as they are to go I feel. Would love to jag Dusty, Fyfe or Hopper, but can't see it happening. Gibbs will either play for us or Carlton in 2018, but his price has dropped and I don't think Carlton will accept what we offer (at least initially). Hard to tell how that all plays out. Maybe we've moved on. Maybe Bryce has moved on.

I bloody hope I'm wrong about Gov. The injury has made the situation even harder to read and probably delayed talks a fair bit too.

Just feels to me like we're doing everything we can to bring in a midfielder after the Gibbs debacle, and that, combined with the awful contract we handed Jenkins (I'm not a huge fan of the reported deal we handed B Crouch either), and the hugely competitive offers out there for both Lever and Gov, means we are probably not able to keep both unless they BOTH accept significant unders.

I'm confident Lever will do this. His situation feels exactly the same to me as Sloane and Lynch in recent times.

Gov? Haven't heard any of the right noises coming out of his camp which concerns me. If he does leave, we need to fully maximise the return through effectively selling the club environment and lifestyle to at least one big name mid, and subsequent contract offers and creative trading. As I said, would love to be wrong as I view him as a vital and unique cog in our premiership assault. There's not really another player with his combination of height, pace, agility, vertical leap, tackling ability and clean hands in the marking contest in the league if you really stop and think about it.
We've got the money to keep Lever and Gov

Keeping Gov is definitely more important than recruiting a B grade mid

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Over the last week I have bumped into:

- Mitch McGovern at Woolies. Said he's staying
- Jake Lever at the cas. Said he's sick of the pissweak culture at the club, as exemplified by the continued selection of David Mackay. Said 'don't tell anyone, but I'm going to Collingwood.'
- Dustin Martin at Sushi Train. I said g'day and asked what he's doing in Adelaide. Dusty said that he's house hunting and 'Don't tell anyone, but I'll be playing for Adelaide next season.' *

* May not be true

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Keeping Gov is definitely more important than recruiting a B grade mid

Agree. But does the club feel that keeping Gov is more important than recruiting what they perceive to be an A-Grade mid? I'm not so sure. And look, ultimately it probably doesn't even matter. If Gov wants to go home, he'll go home.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Gov goes, we should end up with 3 x 1st picks we can trade: WA club 2017/1, Crows 17/1, Crows 18/1.

At the end of the trade period I'd hope we have traded those 3 all out for 2 gun mids and our salary cap is bursting at the seams

TARANTULA

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2005
QLD
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
I'm thinking Gov and Lever are gone. Would like a stud mid as compensation through a deal with the picks we get. Not sure who or how.

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
Lever will stay. Gov I'm leaning to the going side, but the culture and position of the club is a lot stronger now than when Skirt and Mummies boy left so it might be enough for him to stay. Depends what he rates higher, chance at a flag or the chance to play with his brother. If so then we use him to land us a gun mid.

If Gibbs still wants to come home at the end of the season, Carltank can forget a first rounder. Swap of second round picks and D Mackay.

Would like to think we are beating the bushes trying to land that other big mid.

The Fyfe to Saints has me a bit bermused... We have a better backline and forward line and should be making a massive tilt at trying to get him. Freo are a basket case, with no backline and no forward line. Would be happy to use Gov to land Fyfe.

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The Gibbs trade has sailed.
Your stuck with the old codger now.
You get zip, nada, nothing, jack chit.

Enjoy your rebuild.

Think you might find yourself well surprised come this years trade period.;)

Back