List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would MJ be gone? He's had a good year, very good in fact. We should sign him for one year contract, he can even play forward if we are still inept next year and let A.Pearce slot in down back.
I think keeping MJ next year will be like hawthorn Gibson this year ( play reasonable well last season ) a season too Long .

Think this is very possible. The end can come real quick for some.

My main issue with MJ going on is taking Pearce's spot though.
The objective this year for MJ is keep freo from becoming previous Carlton or Melbourne and I think is a pass mark already with logue , Hughes ,Luke ryan ,blakely and Weller and hamling coming along nicely. If losing a player will lost an entire backline structure then the game plan do had a lot of problem.

Gibson even spend time with box hlll development squad the equivalent of peel reserve .

Last edited:

Think this is very possible. The end can come real quick for some.

My main issue with MJ going on is taking Pearce's spot though.
... Provided Pearce can get through preseason and play 22 games. Better to have a handy MJ as backup than not, I'd have thought. At least he's one of the few performing this year. And while he's performing, he has a lot of wisdom to pass onto our next gen backline.

... Provided Pearce can get through preseason and play 22 games. Better to have a handy MJ as backup than not, I'd have thought. At least he's one of the few performing this year. And while he's performing, he has a lot of wisdom to pass onto our next gen backline.

We also have Cox, Ubergang and Collins. KPD is the one area we are chock full of depth.

Playing u18 all Australia defender forward and MJ keep playing is not a side under rebuild . I rather Tab play forward and move Cox to play MJ role in a rebuild .

I listen to talking dockers sport FM , he did mention he felt more comfortable playing back then forward.

We also have Cox, Ubergang and Collins. KPD is the one area we are chock full of depth.
Yep, but we're always going to play a mix of experience with youth. Ross holds onto his experience, often to the detriment of his youth according to some.

Ask yourself this, would you rather have Ballas go on and be that experienced player up forward taking games away from our kids? Or would you rather MJ go on next year and do the same down back. My preference would be to keep the guy that's still able to perform somewhat consistently still.

Unfortunately I think the chances are we'll still have both next year.

MM looking very likely to leave the Crows according to Jon Ralph.

Gut feel says he ends up at the Beagles.
I'm having visions of the Yeo homecoming saga.

"I don't care if you're a Freo supporter. Sorry kid, you're gonna have to start at the bottom of the pack and earn a game the hard way here."

- "... Meh * it, I'll go up the road"

One year older than your requirements .

Sam Baulderstone (Norwood)
Maybe the 26-year-old has missed the boat, but we've seen AFL clubs take a punt on older ruckmen in the past. Baulderstone has been the standout big man in the SANFL for the past couple of years. His tap work is excellent and he gets around the ground well.
I have seen him Play. To think he went from 165kgs to 115kg.

Surprised no one picked him up 2-3 years ago when Norwood had their 3 peat of flags from 2012-14. A lot of players have been picked up there recently too.

Never ever give up pick 5
I would if it benefits freo.

Freo gave up pick 3 for Picks 7, 35,71 and Cam McCarthy.

Again, I have said it before and will say again. If Freo have picks 5 and 41 or 4 and 40 as a 1st and 3rd rounder. Who ever is 9th and offers picks 10 28 and 46 to freo, I would take it.

Anyone is willing to do what gws did to us to get pick 3 should be considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would if it benefits freo.

Freo gave up pick 3 for Picks 7, 35,71 and Cam McCarthy.

Again, I have said it before and will say again. If Freo have picks 5 and 41 or 4 and 40 as a 1st and 3rd rounder. Who ever is 9th and offers picks 10 28 and 46 to freo, I would take it.

Anyone is willing to do what gws did to us to get pick 3 should be considered.
Yeah but you only take it if who you want at 4/5 will be there at 10 OR if there is little difference between the 4th/5th ranked players and 10th ranked player. If the early pick gets you someone you really want, you just don't trade.

Last year we were after Logue regardless (well that was the report) and it was likely he got to us at 7/8 anyway. That may be the scenario again this year but I doubt it.

MM looking very likely to leave the Crows according to Jon Ralph.

Gut feel says he ends up at the Beagles.

These were two kids who loved the Dockers. Hanging out in the change rooms. Dad played for the club. Hated the Eagles (guessing). To have them both playing there would be a bloody outrage.

I still have this fantasy land scenario that getting Mitch will land us Jeremy down the line. Jeremy can jump ship when he's out of contract (hopefully as a FA), and WC are doing what North are doing now. Imagine the boos.

These were two kids who loved the Dockers. Hanging out in the change rooms. Dad played for the club. Hated the Eagles (guessing). To have them both playing there would be a bloody outrage.

I still have this fantasy land scenario that getting Mitch will land us Jeremy down the line. Jeremy can jump ship when he's out of contract (hopefully as a FA), and WC are doing what North are doing now. Imagine the boos.

I like this, I think this and I hope this.
Perfect timing for our GF tilt in 2020.
Bahaha

Yep - definitely think we should keep MJ for one more year. Watching Fyfe and McCarthy come back after a year out, can only assume Alex Pearce is gonna take some time to find touch again too. Wouldn't mind seeing MJ play 10-15, AP 13-18. Some games played together for on the job learning. Unless they are thinking Spurr can provide that on field leadership... but would rather MJ.

With MJ, we actually have the chance to transition him out with his successor(s) playing along side of him. Much more effective way to develop the youff in my opinion. Same boat as Sandi i reckon - both playing good enough footy to go around again, but you are very aware their bodies could go any time. Guys like Ballas, Mundy, and even Spurr (my buddy) shouldn't stick around. Spurr is contracted but should be playing plenty of WAFL next year. Not sure what Mundy's contract status is? Has met the trigger clause but not sure if he's actually extended?

Again why freo defense must be Alex Pearce or MJ , if not what will happen .? Gunston , Sicily look like cover pretty well without frawley and Gibson . It will take time for them to gel at first and some adjustment.

Sydney and hawthorn are the type of team that don't wait for their Alex .Pearce to recover or afraid their team getting trash playing young player or senior in non prefer position .

Clarke needs to be moved on imo. We have had nothing out of him for the past 2 seasons and with his knees seeming to be stuffed the club needs to take a punt on a rookie project ruckman rather than hope he will get back to his best. Not worth anything in a trade unfortunately so thanks for the memories and all the best for the future.
if that's the case I rather jack hannath back

"I don't care if you're a Freo supporter. Sorry kid, you're gonna have to start at the bottom of the pack and earn a game the hard way here."

- "... Meh **** it, I'll go up the road"
Like Kersten?

Like eggsten ?

Yeo wanted to come to the Dockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back