List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast have two elite ball winners!?

Had. One of them couldn't kick or run and the other was only there a year but you get my drift. A rich man's WC, but still a non-factor in terms of premiership contention. I think it's a sideways move at best but maybe I'm just not as bullish about our midfield stocks as others, we lose Neale and we're going to be heavily reliant on SHill and Sonny playing on-ball which imo isn't really ideal. Our forwardline only seems to be half effective when we have more or less total control in the midfield and dominate F50 entries, we'd need to totally overhaul the way we play if a Neale4Hogan situation occurred.

Having sex with a 17-year old woman is not a crime, irrespective of any gross age differences. Women can make their own decisions, even if they are the wrong ones.

It's not a crime but I'm pretty sure he had a daughter about the same age at the time. It'd be like finding your dad had a stash of 'Barely Legal' mags in his tool shed.

Definitely wouldn't agree to a trading Neale. If Hogan wanted home Melbourne would well be within their rights to try both WC and Freo for the best deal.... but I just don't think West Coast are in a position right now to be trading for Hogan, which puts us in a good position.

It was very evident on the weekend that West Coast's midfield is absolute poo. This has to be their priority. If they were to trade for Hogan it would have to include Pick 13, their 2018 1st rounder and/or Gaff. This would even further hurt their midfield and limit their ability to fix it through the draft.

If
they did that trade, they would have an even better forward line than this year but an even worse midfield, they would be in no-mans land.

We have better picks than West Coast and that's all I would be offering. If Balic sweetens the deal great.

But.... I just don't believe Hogan wants to come home. I think this is just the regular off-season crap that normal gets spewed with Freo. Links us to every forward and every WA player. Hogan fits both categories so his name comes up twice as often.

That talk about Fyfe taking less to fit in others might have something earlier than expected. If we did get Hogan that might show the wheels were moving earlier than anyone thought

I wondered about this today too. That would be something.

So we should just keep putting off getting a KPF but complain each season that we don't have a a KPF... rrrrriiiiigggghhhttt
As opposed to the great white hope angle. At pick 5, if the player isn't screaming "I'm going to be one of the best power forwards in the competition" then we shouldn't pick them.

For all the Brander talk, I've not seen one person say the kid is a bonafide gun KPF on his way to being a star of the game. That's what I want from a pick 5.

I always try my very best not to entertain the prospect of Hogan coming to freo, but cannot seem to completely keep the lid on and then inevitably become disappointed......this is torturous!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

That talk about Fyfe taking less to fit in others might have something earlier than expected. If we did get Hogan that might show the wheels were moving earlier than anyone thought

They have the same manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club president gets phone calls all during the off-season being updated on everything from someone getting into trouble with money to someone getting in trouble with the partner.

There isn't much point filling in the general population about everything going on at the club, you find out when everyone does anyway and you can't influence the outcome if you did know - so it amounts to nothing.

So the correct answer is "nothing".

A contract can be written up however both parties agree to IMO.

Ross Lyon had an 'out clause' as a coach and exercised his right.

Very interesting. If he does have an 'out clause' I wonder how that impacts his value.
Yeh, that what sprung to mind. I didn't realise a player could do it though.. Almost makes a contract worthless

Well, after the year he's had losing his father then his testicilar cancer diagnosis, could you blame a man for wanting to be closer to his mother and family to support them? Not sure if there's an out clause but you'd have to be a pretty heartless bastard to deny him that if he requests it. I'm sure Melbourne would still be well compensated in a trade.

Yeh, that what sprung to mind. I didn't realise a player could do it though.. Almost makes a contract worthless

I think an 'out clause' would only be written in on the basis of extenuating circumstances and how Hogan would react to that.

His dad dying would certainly have been known, but his reaction to it unknown. Obviously he has gone through other dramas and all of it would give him permission to not fulfil his contract.

What is unknown (if in fact any of this is real) is, is he essentially now out of contract? And therefore does that mean we're not having to pay enormous overs on a guy with 2 years to run as would normally be the case.

Like I said interesting. If he exercises his clause he's out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back