List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-lion-tom-rockliff-meets-carlton-20170926-gypajc.html

"Gold Coast small forward Brandon Matera will be traded to Fremantle. He has had a medical at the Dockers and is likely to move. Hard-running Giants defender Nathan Wilson is almost certain to seek a trade to Fremantle."

Would be a very neat trade period if we could lock those two in. Obviously a key forward would be ideal but short of something amazing happening with Hogan there's noone worth going after this year

If we got those two done without getting bent over I'd be happy to go to the draft looking for best available. If Matera and Wilson have solid pre-seasons, Sonny and Weller are free to play in the midfield giving us a bit more depth. With Wilson and Ryan delivering the ball out of the back half it's a bit less likely to come back in hurry.

Watching Cox in the WAFL GF he showed there's a bit there to work with. His body shape suggests to me he's going to be a genuinely big unit and I'm sure he's taller than the 193cm he's listed at. He has really footy nous and a he's already shown he can take a grab. He and Tabs might be able to be the two tall forwards we need (at least in the short term).

Wonder how we'll trade with GWS now that Grubby Allen is no longer in a position to bring the game into disrepute??
Maybe get SCOS to ask SOS for the secret.
Maybe it's too late for SOS's Grubby pics to have the same currency??

Wonder how we'll trade with GWS now that Grubby Allen is no longer in a position to bring the game into disrepute??
Maybe get SCOS to ask SOS for the secret.
Nick Haynes to St Kilda for pick #8

Wilson and pick #8 to Fremantle for pick #5

Someone's been watching a bit too much of the orange mussolini this year eh?
Oh man, never thought I'd get compared to that steaming orange turd. In my defense, I'm going on 2 hours of sleep for a month with mah first baby. But, I swear i know words, i have the best words...

Haynes still has a few years left on his contract doesn't he? - No way GWS will do that. A.Kennedy coming back in next year can cover losing Wilson but not both.

The ideal situation for us is that St Kilda really want Patton and GWS really want the best tall forward in the draft.

St Kilda trade #7 and #8 for Patton
GWS trade Wilson, #8, 2nd round pick for #5

:)

The ideal situation for us is that St Kilda really want Patton and GWS really want the best tall forward in the draft.

St Kilda trade #7 and #8 for Patton
GWS trade Wilson, #8, 2nd round pick for #5

:)

Okay that trade looks better / more realistic. :cool:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-lion-tom-rockliff-meets-carlton-20170926-gypajc.html

"Gold Coast small forward Brandon Matera will be traded to Fremantle. He has had a medical at the Dockers and is likely to move. Hard-running Giants defender Nathan Wilson is almost certain to seek a trade to Fremantle."

Would be a very neat trade period if we could lock those two in. Obviously a key forward would be ideal but short of something amazing happening with Hogan there's noone worth going after this year

Sounds very confident. How reliable is this guy's mail?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds very confident. How reliable is this guy's mail?

He was good last year - think he broke the Deledio to GWS and Caddy to Richmond trades the day before they happened. I've found Melboune based fairfax journalists were the best ones to listen to last year - him and Emma Quayle were the main journalists in the trade and draft period

Trade period quiz:

Would you trade your 2018 first rounder for our 2018 firsts rounder?

Very interesting question. We are a Fyfe injury awAy from bottom 4. You guys a Kennedy injury. On face value you finish above us. But we have the bottom 6 draw and you guys the top 6 draw.

I wonder if GWS would make that bet for Wilson? Wilson and GWS 2018 1st rounder for Freo 2018 1st rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back