List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be interested in the club going after brandon matera from GC.I think His pace and game style would suit us with the new playing style we are heading towards. Hes about the right age and im fairly sure hes a WA boy too. Anybody able to figure out his contract status? I get the vibe club culture is shithouse inside the walls of GC. It looks like most of the players play for themselfs.

Id be interested in the club going after brandon matera from GC.I think His pace and game style would suit us with the new playing style we are heading towards. Hes about the right age and im fairly sure hes a WA boy too. Anybody able to figure out his contract status? I get the vibe club culture is shithouse inside the walls of GC. It looks like most of the players play for themselfs.
Yep, we should take a look at that Barlow guy as well.

Out of contract at the the end of this season, free agent next season.

I'm not sure if I'd trade much for Matera tbh. Despite his last month of footy he's been very inconsistent throughout his career. I'd take him next to nothing or as a free agent at the end of next year if he only signs a one year deal. Honestly though we were linked to Fasolo a few weeks ago who is a free agent in 2018. I like the idea of bringing him back home much more tbh.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure if I'd trade much for Matera tbh. Despite his last month of footy he's been very inconsistent throughout his career. I'd take him next to nothing or as a free agent at the end of next year if he only signs a one year deal. Honestly though we were linked to Fasolo a few weeks ago who is a free agent in 2018. I like the idea of bringing him back home much more tbh.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't want both , don't think fasalo add much to what freo already had. How much are you willing to offer fasalo a season ? He is very inconsistent also .

Don't want both , don't think fasalo add much to what freo already had. How much are you willing to offer fasalo a season ? He is very inconsistent also .

I don't pretend to know much about what certain types of players get paid etc but I do consider Fasolo an above average small forward and tbh I think that we would be able to expect more goals from him than either Crozier or Grey.

He's certainly not elite though and I don't think he's worth the draft picks Collingwood would ask for him if we were to go after him. That's why I mentioned him as a free agent.

I don't pretend to know much about what certain types of players get paid etc but I do consider Fasolo an above average small forward and tbh I think that we would be able to expect more goals from him than either Crozier or Grey.

He's certainly not elite though and I don't think he's worth the draft picks Collingwood would ask for him if we were to go after him. That's why I mentioned him as a free agent.
Yeah I'd definitely look at Fasolo as a free agent. He's averaging 2 goals a game this season - far batter than anyone on our list atm. And he was Collingwood's best goal scorer last year with 2.1 per game and had 1.6 the year before.

Matera is averaging 3.7 (in 3 games) so far this season but only averaged 1.4 last year and 0.9 the year before. Be interesting if he can keep it up for the rest of the season or not? Not sure if the banks of the Swan would hold West Coast's salty tears if a Matera came to us though.

Langdon is the boy most likely to leave, would be sad to see him go but mostly because I think Collingwood may be difficult to deal with - in terms of draft picks we wouldn't get anywhere near their 1st pick (currently 6) but then we're looking at a pick in the 40's or a middle of the road player ......I'd love to sign him.

If Fasolo and/or Cox are part of the deal it could probably be made to work - club has been interested in both at various times.

If Fasolo and/or Cox are part of the deal it could probably be made to work - club has been interested in both at various times.

I did venture onto the pies board and asked (before the capitulation) ....they basically said no interest (unless he grows 6 inches)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kind of draft pick sheriden worth ? Will Ross willing to let him go if freo can get second rd in this year draft.

What kind of draft pick sheriden worth ? Will Ross willing to let him go if freo can get second rd in this year draft.

Not sure you'd find too many clubs offering a 2nd rounder on current form meima.

Not sure you'd find too many clubs offering a 2nd rounder on current form meima.
That suck , early third round? Carlton , North Melbourne ?he hair a bit like fyfe_he body also getting bigger but the way he play is nothing like fyfe.

Bulldogs looking very likely to keep him. Apparently over his homesickness too.

Also I don't think we need anymore KPDs. Collins, Hamling, Logue and A.Pearce all young and showing promise.

Apparently you are into JJ though and have offered him a decent contract. Less than the 900k offered by GCS and more than we are willing to offer. 800k, 750k? Something like that

Apparently you are into JJ though and have offered him a decent contract. Less than the 900k offered by GCS and more than we are willing to offer. 800k, 750k? Something like that

Has GC offered him 900k a year?

I personally don't think he's worth that much, but I don't watch enough Bulldogs games to accurately make a decision.

That being said, he is a really good player and you'll have to be mad not to want him in your team. He's also not a KPD. While our KPD stocks are fine, our general defender or small defenders stocks are looking fairly bad. Luke Ryan (injured) can come in if he continues his VFL form, but outside him we are limited for options.

JJ would be a massive boost for us if we could get him, but I'm not to sure that will happen if GC out bid us by 100-150K. Their is also a decent chance that he decides to stay. All of this contract talk is simply rumor until pen gets put to paper.

I personally don't think he's worth that much, but I don't watch enough Bulldogs games to accurately make a decision.

That being said, he is a really good player and you'll have to be mad not to want him in your team. He's also not a KPD. While our KPD stocks are fine, our general defender or small defenders stocks are looking fairly bad. Luke Ryan (injured) can come in if he continues his VFL form, but outside him we are limited for options.

JJ would be a massive boost for us if we could get him, but I'm not to sure that will happen if GC out bid us by 100-150K. Their is also a decent chance that he decides to stay. All of this contract talk is simply rumor until pen gets put to paper.
I'm also not sure how much of the rumour mill is soundly based and how much is just idle speculation. But one thing to consider is he is a Perth boy, grew up supporting the Dockers and his whole family is Dockers. Once you get to those kind of numbers, the difference (after tax) between $900K and $750K might not be enough to get him to the Suns, particularly if we continue on our current trajectory.

I wouldn't mind throwing that at him considering who we will be losing in the next couple of year and considering our dearth of quality small / medium defenders. Any more than that and I think we would be paying overs.

Bulldogs thinking somewhere near $500k.

The AFL league average is roughly $300k and JJ is apparently on less than $250k at the moment.

Johannisen’s next deal is estimated to be worth more than $500,000 a year at the kennel - more than double the value of his last contract which he signed in 2014, when the former rookie had played less than 30 AFL games.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/706453bd7837cc75b0b2de8191b1d08f

JJ is looking for something like $700k but his coach reckons he'll stay.

Beveridge admitted he was a little anxious when key players put talks on hold, but said he had spoken to Johannisen this week about the stand-off and was convinced the dashing defender wanted to remain a Bulldog.

“It doesn’t appear the lure of his home State has got anything to do with it.

“He wants to be a Bulldogs player and that’s encouraging.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s/news-story/f69848732658bcb3c55a87821014bfe0

Some reliable information on our board that this is the case. Nevertheless he won't go there no matter how much they offer.

He'll return home to Perth and play with you, or we will pony up and pay him. At the moment this appears to be more likely the former than the latter.

Some reliable information on our board that this is the case. Nevertheless he won't go there no matter how much they offer.

He'll return home to Perth and play with you, or we will pony up and pay him. At the moment this appears to be more likely the former than the latter.

As much as I like this prospect I don't think we have anything to satisfy you guys in a trade unless it's our 1st rounder, which we would be unlikely to part with unless a kpf was involved. Is JJ a restricted FA? (Apologies if this has already been answered)....if he is a FA, I would think we are a big chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back