List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by Unique Name, Jan 22, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Spot on but until the last minute , I hope the club at least try to keep balic .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. stax on the mull

stax on the mull All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Think he had an interrupted pre-season (whether through injury, or because he hadn't decided to re-commit to football) - so he started off playing a game in Reserves Round 1, then was injured early in the League side Round 2 - came back through the reserves for a game in Round 5 and then played the next three games in the League.

3. Paracleet

Paracleet We finally really did it. You maniacs!

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I suppose that would make sense if we had made that trade with the specific intention of picking Balic. But we didn't and it doesn't.
    It's like suggesting something cost 70 bucks because you bought it for the $30 change from $100 from something else you bought first that cost $70.

4. Big Flappy

Big Flappy Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    If we could flip him into an asset that got us closer to Mitch McGovern I wouldn't be too devastated.

Lachy96 and meima like this.
  5. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    But he is in rd8 players of the week.

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/12341/waflcomau-team-and-player-of-round-8

stax on the mull likes this.
  6. Docker82

Docker82 Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    It's irrelevant where Balic was picked anyway. He was invited to the draft (indicating some clubs rated him a chance for top 10) and slipped big time as information of how bad his wrist injury was emerged very close to draft day. Combined with him playing little footy (mainly due to that wrist injury) for Peel or Freo there's little exposed form either. He was very impressive from a small sample though. Probably the most impressed with a Freo player in their first five games I've been since Alex Pearce tbh. Clubs will know what he's really worth. Hopefully if there's enough interest we can at least get back a pick in 20s but I fear clubs will try and be stingy and get him cheaper. Despite the fact I've already posted about what he could fetch us I do believe Balic's value could be one of the most complex ones to work out. There's still a chance that we won't be having this discussion in October though.

As people have stated though leaving a guy out because of "illness" on a week where we are playing in his home town then give him indefinite leave a week later doesn't quite add up if it's just home sickness. I'm in no position to speculate further.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

go_the_dockers likes this.
  7. Dirty_banchez

Dirty_banchez Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    He's worth a second rounder. His value hasn't dropped.

8. Superkoops

Superkoops All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    That was the week before last weekend. That was his best game. He needs a ton more like that and not like his game on the weekend against Subiaco.

I'm not writing him off just saying he hasn't been all that impressive. Previous poster said that WCE would pounce on him before a pick of ours. At this point in time they can pounce their life away.

9. Righteo

Righteo Purple Campaigner

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Boston Celtics
    The important thing is that you admitted it was mediocre.

10. Arcassius

Arcassius Team Chaplain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Arsenal
    To be fair to the guy - i'd accept picks 5 and 10 for Langdon (a speedy player who breaks lines with his run) and Balic (a player who has a year of development and was a touted top 10 pick). Fair trade given that we'll be starting again with potential unknowns.

Righteo likes this.
  11. freoextra

freoextra Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Perth Football Club
    You can never guarantee anything but the team is bonding well and certainly Langdon has already indicated that he is loving his footy here and is keen to continue.

joydivision22 likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Interesting... Barrett's Sliding Doors implying that May could be on the move. A backline of Hamling and May would rival the McPharlin-Tarrant combo we had a few years back.

13. Pussinbootz

Pussinbootz Draftee

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I really hope you're trolling but you're Absolutely f*kn dreaming if you think we'd get picks 5 & 10 for Langdon and Balic - we'd be lucky to get those picks for an out of contract Fyfe! Realistically I think all 3 of them currently are worth early 2nds, but we'll be lucky to get that if all 3 were to leave, be it hypothetical at this stage. More likely to get 3rd rounders tbh.. sucks but is what it is. Let's just hope Luke Ryan can become a force and Harley Bennell gets over his injury..

jedi mind tricks likes this.
  14. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Everybody know he is not serious.

15. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Any chance of shai Bolton homesick ?

Lachy96 likes this.
  16. Freo

Freo All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Anybody seen him play? I've only seen the U18 games last year, didn't think he stood out. I'd be keen to hear from those who know better.

17. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I only heard from dirty Sanchez he is good , also watch him play live vs Vic country . Let other form their opinion . I more into player growth then straight said that player can't kick or handball . Eg ( grey) .

18. Kenny_01

Kenny_01 Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Do not be surprised if Nathan Wilson and Mitch McGovern end up in Freo colours in 2018.

19. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Wilson is contracted until the end of next year.

20. theGav56

theGav56 Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Fremantle
    I'd be really surprised. What makes you think it is likely?

21. Freoforever86

Freoforever86 Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I seriously doubt the bullcrp rumours of all 3 of Balic Langdon and Tucker all wanting home is true. Currently all best 25 in a team that's winning games.
    Managers aren't stupid, the kids will be informed that they are playing in the best 22 here an leaving may put them behind others in a melb team.

22. Arcassius

Arcassius Team Chaplain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Arsenal
    He gave his list of picks available - I suggested what i'd accept :) What's it got to do with reality?

mumbler likes this.
  23. Vimal Anand

Vimal Anand Rookie

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    What about Josh scoenfield of gold coast who is out of contract this season? He is from Rockingham.in draft he was pick 34 which is between Tucker and balic...because too many young players he hasn't got enough chance in suns midfield... May be worth looking ...get table for a third rounder..?

freoextra likes this.
  24. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Fourth Rd, freo exchange with gold coast last year second Rd.

25. Vimal Anand

Vimal Anand Rookie

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Ok