meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
He was record holder for draft combine beep test at 16.5 and 3 km trial... But like Logue he is also too raw I think..but.amazing fitness. some one telling in suns forum that he was fresh even in fourth quarter when he played for suns..... Grown up as strong Freo supporter....
Agree, from freo alignment club peel too. Really hope freo pick up Blair bell also same age as croz and sherriden but play HF better than both in WAfL eventhough this season his output is not as good as last year.

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
It's irrelevant where Balic was picked anyway. He was invited to the draft (indicating some clubs rated him a chance for top 10) and slipped big time as information of how bad his wrist injury was emerged very close to draft day. Combined with him playing little footy (mainly due to that wrist injury) for Peel or Freo there's little exposed form either. He was very impressive from a small sample though. Probably the most impressed with a Freo player in their first five games I've been since Alex Pearce tbh. Clubs will know what he's really worth. Hopefully if there's enough interest we can at least get back a pick in 20s but I fear clubs will try and be stingy and get him cheaper. Despite the fact I've already posted about what he could fetch us I do believe Balic's value could be one of the most complex ones to work out. There's still a chance that we won't be having this discussion in October though.

As people have stated though leaving a guy out because of "illness" on a week where we are playing in his home town then give him indefinite leave a week later doesn't quite add up if it's just home sickness. I'm in no position to speculate further.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way we get a pick in the twenties for him.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
definetly won't get that. A late second will probably be as much as we get for him.
To be fair , if he is really homesick I think the best freo can get is early third round . just don't get some Richmond,st kilda ,Carlton fan spreading rumors that they are the only taken . much will depend on which club give the best offer to freo .As a supporter I hope freo and balic can work out a plan that benefits both parties.

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
To be fair , if he is really homesick I think the best freo can get is early third round . just don't get some Richmond,st kilda ,Carlton fan spreading rumors that they are the only taken . much will depend on which club give the best offer to freo .As a supporter I hope freo and balic can work out a plan that benefits both parties.
Personally I hope we go for a future second rounder, clubs are more eager to trade picks in the future over current picks, I've seen a few opposition supporters say they would give a future second for him so that's why I'd be going for.
The best way to value a player on your team, if he wasn't on your team what would you pay for him? I would probably give pick 25 for him if i knew he would stay, I think Carlton should go for him, would probably start in there midfield.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Personally I hope we go for a future second rounder, clubs are more eager to trade picks in the future over current picks, I've seen a few opposition supporters say they would give a future second for him so that's why I'd be going for.
The best way to value a player on your team, if he wasn't on your team what would you pay for him? I would probably give pick 25 for him if i knew he would stay, I think Carlton should go for him, would probably start in there midfield.
What about north Melbourne or even Melbourne both not so high up the ladder . I am not a fan of future second rd pick . draftee need time to build in wafl skill under pressure (speed), body work ( bigger body) . A third rd pick can be a neale or Walters . Future second can also be tom lamb.

My case :
This year third round > future 2nd rd
1) using a year to build player slim body
2) access to draft young mature age earlier who spend one or few year in local league and know the hardship of not being draft . (Barlow,Luke Ryan,spurr)
3) getting a pre season and training professionally which result in a year of development ahead of future second rd .( Cockburn facility) - just training on different oval dimension in a season help.
4) get to play senior footy rather than colt or TAC cup.

Last edited:

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Spoke to someone who knows Marcus Adams' family last night, said he still wants to return home. Im not particularly keen tbh. Didnt realise it was his brother at swan dictricts. Apparently the family are eagles fans, not that that means much.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
What about north Melbourne or even Melbourne both not so high up the ladder . I am not a fan of future second rd pick . draftee need time to build in wafl skill under pressure (speed), body work ( bigger body) . A third rd pick can be a neale or Walters . Future second can also be tom lamb.

My case :
This year third round > future 2nd rd
1) using a year to build player slim body
2) access to draft young mature age earlier who spend one or few year in local league and know the hardship of not being draft . (Barlow,Luke Ryan,spurr)
3) getting a pre season and training professionally which result in a year of development ahead of future second rd .( Cockburn facility) - just training on different oval dimension in a season help.
4) get to play senior footy rather than colt or TAC cup.

Don't see what's wrong with a future second round pick. For example I know St Kilda don't have a second rounder this year so it's the best they can offer without a player or first rounder (could be involved but only if our first rounder is involved as well) being involved. I'm sure they'd be other teams in the same boat. Maybe Collingwood and Carlton don't either but they would be expected to finish lower on the ladder next year than St Kilda.

Even if we do not want a future pick there's 16 other clubs in the league and we can trade the pick in a later trade if we feel like it. I'd just get the trade done and then start talking to Gold Coast again. We've traded our future second rounder the last two years for a current second rounder for example. We could do the same thing again but if we have another team's future second rounder we don't necessarily need to trade our own to do it.

pavalenkoo

Rookie
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have heard from a very very reliable source within the club that JJ from the doggies wants to come back home ....Freo in the box seat .... hopefully we can get a deal done ... using Balic or Tucker.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wish I could reveal my source which would squash your doubts regarding my credibility however for obvious reason I can't....just wait and see .... don't forget his a Willetton boy

even if you said Ross or Bondy was your source no one would believe you, your statements lack any credibility because you have no history to prove you aren't a troll. join in other discussions prove your passion for football and fremantle, no one likes posters who are most likely trying to s**t-stir.

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wish I could reveal my source which would squash your doubts regarding my credibility however for obvious reason I can't....just wait and see .... don't forget his a Willetton boy

Dont take it too hard mate. I run into Ross Lyon from time to time, and at first no one would believe me. He is very open about almost anything when we chat. There is a lot of BS on this forum, so people are cynical. For what its worth, I believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back