List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on hugh greenwood as a potential signing?

I believe we need another big bodied midfielder, and watching some of his games this year he does it all! I believe he is out of contract end of this year, and he had signed with Perth wildcats I believe at one stage?
Born in hobart.

I believe we need another big bodied midfielder, and watching some of his games this year he does it all! I believe he is out of contract end of this year, and he had signed with Perth wildcats I believe at one stage?
Born in hobart.

Yeah sure, if you can explain to me why he'd leave a young team on top of the ladder where he's getting time in the middle to come to a rebuilding team down the bottom of the ladder where he's probably further back in the pecking order?

Born in hobart.
I thought freo going for tim Kelly.

Born in hobart.
Greenwood signed a three year deal with the wildcats at the start of June 2015, by the end of August that year he had chucked in basketball to sign with Adelaide.

Crows team is looking good but one thing they lack is midfield depth. Make no mistake Greenwood is very close if not in their best 22 now. He's taken Scott Thompsons spot who isn't coming back. The crows are probably just one A grade midfielder away from a premiership. Not sure Greenwood is that player (Crouch brothers far more likely) but there's still a spot there in a contending team IMO. Not sure where there's any Perth connection other than the Wildcats either. Pretty sure the Eagles tried to sign him as well and he decided to go Adelaide instead.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah sure, if you can explain to me why he'd leave a young team on top of the ladder where he's getting time in the middle to come to a rebuilding team down the bottom of the ladder where he's probably further back in the pecking order?
Money? Adelaide already have high priority signings in McGovern and lever

Moving doesn't phase him either from his history. If the price and contract is right there's no saying he won't consider it. Long shot but he would be a great fit.

Down in the pecking order I wouldn't think. With Mundy post his prime, no Barlow, and fyfe returning from injury we don't really have another big midfielder beast. He rotates up forward in adelaides team too. Would work perfectly for our midfield.

Money? Adelaide already have high priority signings in McGovern and lever

And we don't have a high priority signing?

Mate it is an absolute pipe dream, he's just got himself firmly established in a successful team. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Moving doesn't phase him either from his history. If the price and contract is right there's no saying he won't consider it. Long shot but he would be a great fit.

Down in the pecking order I wouldn't think. With Mundy post his prime, no Barlow, and fyfe returning from injury we don't really have another big midfielder beast. He rotates up forward in adelaides team too. Would work perfectly for our midfield.
We need to clear the spud out before thinking about recruiting .

And we don't have a high priority signing?

Mate it is an absolute pipe dream, he's just got himself firmly established in a successful team. It makes no sense whatsoever.
I respond to you by saying why would Allen Christensen, a young established player, leave a successful team in Geelong (born and bred) to go to Brisbane?

If the $$$ is right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide is an interesting one. They will have another crack at Bryce Gibbs and they will need some draft picks to make that happen.

Jake Lever is OOC and Vic clubs lining up for him. Mitch McGovern OOC and we are very interested.

Doubt Greenwood is on te radar but you never know. He has talent but is still learning the caper.

Adelaide is an interesting one. They will have another crack at Bryce Gibbs and they will need some draft picks to make that happen.

Jake Lever is OOC and Vic clubs lining up for him. Mitch McGovern OOC and we are very interested.

Doubt Greenwood is on te radar but you never know. He has talent but is still learning the caper.
Yeah that's a fair summary. Nothing stopping us from enquiring at the end of the day.

Crows team is looking good but one thing they lack is midfield depth. Make no mistake Greenwood is very close if not in their best 22 now. He's taken Scott Thompsons spot who isn't coming back. The crows are probably just one A grade midfielder away from a premiership. Not sure Greenwood is that player (Crouch brothers far more likely) but there's still a spot there in a contending team IMO. Not sure where there's any Perth connection other than the Wildcats either. Pretty sure the Eagles tried to sign him as well and he decided to go Adelaide instead.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Suban could be the difference they need for a serious tilt at the flag. Hoping for a Mayne type FA deal. Cmon crows, humour us!

Question: Would 2 years at 1.2 million per year net us a 1st round draft pick?

If so, would you let Fyfe join the Crows for 2 years, and with the understanding that he would come back after that.

It could be a win\win trade. Crows maybe get a premiership, we save 2 million in salary cap space plus get a top 5 pick. That 2 million could be thrown at Wilson or Coniglio or Hogan in 2 years to bring them back with Fyfe and chase a premiership.

If so, would you let Fyfe join the Crows for 2 years, and with the understanding that he would come back after that.

It could be a win\win trade. Crows maybe get a premiership, we save 2 million in salary cap space plus get a top 5 pick. That 2 million could be thrown at Wilson or Coniglio or Hogan in 2 years to bring them back with Fyfe and chase a premiership.

Dead serious I reckon this will happen.

What would it do to Fyfe's brand for him to leave for money and a flag -walking out as captain, then come home?

He would leave as a mercenary and return as an Adelaide player, potentially never really welcomed back and booed by both sides.

I'm not sure there would be coming back from walking out on the club.

I don't think Fyfe is Kevin Durant (for non basketball fans he won't chase the easy premiership and ruin is brand).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back