List Mgmt. 2017 U18 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Sumich was the figure head but Tony Micale was in charge of the side.

Not really interested in Allen if he isn't at least 194cm. Allen has gained all the attention and awards but for me Naughton is clear number 1 from WA.

From that AA team I would be happy to take one of these with our first pick.

Higgins.
Worpel .
Fogarty. L

I will be keeping an eye on Constable, Coffield and Dow and tracking their progression in the TAC Cup as the season progresses.

Also quite like ( not with our first rounder ) Dylan Moore he is a really clever little footballer who would IMO make a terrific small crumbing forward, with a latter pick. Reads the play so well of spilt hands in the contested pack situations and silky smooth at the pounce to the loose ball and goal snap, quick too.
Rovers front and square so very well.

Looks increasingly as though someone like Coleman-Jones as a 201cm FWD/Ruck should be available at our second rounder.

I think there will be plenty of good tall options available for our second round pick.
I also think there also may be a midfield slider available for our second pick as I see a bit of a run early in the second round for tall's.

Not to many "real nuggets" available in the first round this year but plenty of good value picks still we be on offer after the first half dozen or so come off the board in round one.

From that AA team I would be happy to take one of these with our first pick.

Higgins.
Worpel .
Fogarty. L

I will be keeping an eye on Constable, Coffield and Dow and tracking their progression in the TAC Cup as the season progresses.

Also quite like ( not with our first rounder ) Dylan Moore he is a really clever little footballer who would IMO make a terrific small crumbing forward, with a latter pick. Reads the play so well of spilt hands in the contested pack situations and silky smooth at the pounce to the loose ball and goal snap, quick too.
Rovers front and square so very well.
Bit of the Caleb Daniels with Moore?

Perhaps not as good with his disposal

Bit of the Caleb Daniels with Moore?

Perhaps not as good with his disposal

I think Moore will impact the scoreboard at the next level far greater than Daniels has.

Also think there is a real possibility that in time once he builds his body up and bulks up that Moore will get a run through the midfield in the rotations, Moore is as pure a old style rover as I have seen in a while.

Do we really need another small midfielder?

What you should be asking yourself is......... do we need a small crumbing forward and the answer is....... hell yeah.

The fact that he can actually take time in the midfield should be viewed as a bonus.

avishka5 just watch the kids tape ... I have seen him live twice.......he has special traits and yes he is small.

pppsssttt ;)................ so was Brent Harvey.

What you should be asking yourself is......... do we need a small crumbing forward and the answer is....... hell yeah.

The fact that he can actually take time in the midfield should be viewed as a bonus.

avishka5 just watch the kids tape ... I have seen him live twice.......he has special traits and yes he is small.

pppsssttt ;)................ so was Brent Harvey.
so a robbie gray?

Karps potentially could be one. Not really a small crumbing forward but more of HFF and maybe one day spend time in the middle or wing. Has the pace/skills/evasiveness/vision and footy smarts you want from a small mid. Just needs to work on his production.

Peter Sumich was the figure head but Tony Micale was in charge of the side.

Not really interested in Allen if he isn't at least 194cm. Allen has gained all the attention and awards but for me Naughton is clear number 1 from WA.

Oscar Allen is touted as a middies prospect but that would be a gamble.

Naughton i would be happy with. I know we're currently loaded with KPD's but he's got some special attributes and could liberate other tall players to play different positions. Plus Mackenzie and Schofield aren't young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U18: Bolter Bailey blooms at the right time

Marc McGowan July 8, 2017 10:00 AM

527674-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Zac Bailey was best on ground when the Allies beat Vic Metro on Wednesday

We always thought with the right sort of patience and temperament with him ... he was going to be right around the mark
AFLNT high performance manager Wally Gallio
THE BOLTER in this year's NAB AFL Under-18 All Australian team couldn't get a game for the Northern Territory's equivalent side a year ago.

Zippy midfielder Zac Bailey, who was best afield in the Allies' stunning upset of Victoria Metro on Wednesday, is suddenly all the rage at the end of the AFL Under-18 Championships.

Seven AFL clubs have already spoken to the soon-to-be 18-year-old, and player managers are swirling around him trying to secure his services.

Bailey stands 180cm and is lightly framed, but explodes away from stoppages, boasts a neat kick and is a diligent worker – attributes that have helped make him the NT's top draft prospect in 2017.

AFLNT high performance manager Wally Gallio said Bailey's rise had not surprised him despite the way he burst onto the national scene.

"We always thought with the right sort of patience and temperament with him, as with a lot of our players in the Territory with their late developing, he was going to be right around the mark," Gallio told AFL.com.au.

"That's why we held him back last year a bit, instead of throwing him in at under-18 level, when we didn't think he was quite right or up to it.

"We thought playing him as an over-age (player) in the 16s, he could play more of a leadership role and play in the midfield more and teach him how to play the finer art at that level."

Under-18s hub: Every result, all the stats

Bailey, who hails from NTFL club Southern Districts, is the first Territorian to make the AFL Under-18 All Australian team since future Geelong draftee Brandan Parfitt in 2015.

He, like Parfitt, relocated from Darwin to Adelaide to play in the SANFL. Bailey plays for Norwood, while Parfitt was at North Adelaide.

Bailey's emergence comes amid the NT's hard-luck story, with top draft hopes Dominic "Junior" Grant (foot stress fractures) and Kieren Parnell (partial tear of ACL in right knee) suffering serious injuries.

Another Territorian in the Allies squad, Rodney Baird, was unable to contest the division one edition of the AFL Under-18 Championships, also because of foot stress fractures.

Late-blooming Adam Sambono played his best game of the championships for the Allies against Vic Metro and was second in the NEAFL goalkicking before the carnival.

The NT's other leading chance is spring-heeled ruckman Tony Olango, who is part of Hawthorn's Next Generation Academy.

Olango spent last week with the Hawks and played for Box Hill in the VFL development league.

Territorians Parfitt, Ben Long (St Kilda) and Willie Rioli (West Coast) joined AFL clubs last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My early favourite for our pick. Small, but ferocious and highly skilled. Can play as a small forward and mid. 178cm currently but if he pushes 180-181 it'd look a bit more palatable.

I'm sure my mind will change though - also like Lochie O'Brien.

Big WAFL game for Peel from Aaron Naughton looks very talented and mobile played down back pulled down 11 marks and kicked a goal ..

Will be good player but Do we need a KPD though ??

Big WAFL game for Peel from Aaron Naughton looks very talented and mobile played down back pulled down 11 marks and kicked a goal ..

Will be good player but Do we need a KPD though ??

If he is still available you would think you have to pick him up , local boy who can also play forward so is versatile to fit the Adam Simpson style . Petrie not going on and Mackenzie a great backup KPP could go in free agency .

If he is still available you would think you have to pick him up , local boy who can also play forward so is versatile to fit the Adam Simpson style . Petrie not going on and Mackenzie a great backup KPP could go in free agency .

Talented big guys are hard to find especially when they can take contested pack marks like Gov does ..

So with the ladder starting to settle it looks as though, before Free Agency compo, our pick will likely be between 8 and 10. It could be our first pick in the top ten since 2010 and there should be some reasonable midfield talent available.

So with the ladder starting to settle it looks as though, before Free Agency compo, our pick will likely be between 8 and 10. It could be our first pick in the top ten since 2010 and there should be some reasonable midfield talent available.

IMO opinion if we want to land a genuine mid with our first pick we need to miss the eight and get a pick in that 8-10 range. After than they are still good players but at this stage the pure potential A grade mids are off the board.

dajesmac Monocle What are the names you have in mind as your preferences?

You need to remember that its still early days and a lot will change between now and the draft.
My two cents worth.

I see these guys going in the top 10.

Luke D-U
Raynor
Fogarty D
Dow
Brander
O'Brien
Cerra
Stephenson

Thats 8 that I think will go early ( ish )

Assuming we finish with pick 8-10.

Then: These names come into play.
Constable
Higgins
Coffield
Clark

Who would I like in a perfect world :
Cerra

Who do I think is a realistic chance:
Higgins. Would be happy with this selection but if he has a really good finals series with The Chargers he may go higher .

If we miss out on a pure mid:
Hunter Clark who has a massive upside and currently plays three positions HBF, MID and HFF.
But O'Brien wont pick him as he is a tough nut and hasn't been to a Private School.

download-3.jpg images-1.jpg

images-3.jpg download-4.jpg

For those who haven't seen Hunter Clark before there are a couple of you tube clips of him.

He has massive upside and potential..... best way to describe him is a cross between Grant Birchall and Isaac Smith but doesn't kick as well as them but unlike the two ( fore mentioned lefties ) Clark is dual sided by hand and foot, however he is a better over head mark than both of them.
Clarke is super impressive below his knees and I haven't seen too many one touch players better than Clarke.

Last edited:
dajesmac Monocle What are the names you have in mind as your preferences?

As Monocle says its early days and will probably change my preference every week up until the end of the season. I don't think we'll get a look in with someone like Cerra, and probably not Paddy Dow either even though I really like the latter.

In terms of skillset guys like Lochie O'Brien and Jack Higgins also offer a bit, although I think the latter may slide due to his height. I am wary of getting someone like Nick Coffield who is a defender first that could develop into a mid. I feel like we have enough of those.

At this stage there's probably 20 names that could potentially squeeze into the top ten and so getting a feel for our first pick is difficult. There are some good WA KPP prospects that could be available in the second round (Aaron Naughton, Oscar Allen). I think we should definitely try and take a KPF with one of our first 2 picks, preferably our second.

Im just getting into researching prospects and etc. had a quick look and so Luke Davis-uniace and Cam Rayner have impressed me(this is purely based off the youtube vision). Both seem like powerful contested players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back