2017 UFC Tipping -- R1 -- January 1st - March 31st

Remove this Banner Ad

Browne - tko
Lombard - tko
Tucker - dec
Ferreira - sub
McMann - dec
Felder - dec

Found this card pretty hard to tip in given being a fairly new fan to the sport. Outside of the main and co main I can't say Im familiar with any of the other fighters. I think I remember seeing McMann fight before which is kinda why I chose her. I wouldn't mind seeing Lewis win but I think Travis Browne is probably due a win and should be able to get it done. I can't really see things getting better for Hendricks either. maybe a retirement if he loses this one? all my other picks are pretty much random haha.

Found this card pretty hard to tip in given being a fairly new fan to the sport. Outside of the main and co main I can't say Im familiar with any of the other fighters. I think I remember seeing McMann fight before which is kinda why I chose her. I wouldn't mind seeing Lewis win but I think Travis Browne is probably due a win and should be able to get it done. I can't really see things getting better for Hendricks either. maybe a retirement if he loses this one? all my other picks are pretty much random haha.
You're not alone in finding it hard to pick winners. I'm really unsure about a number of these fights. Only pick I'm quite confident in is McMann and even then I don't know much about her opponent.

Patrick Wyman does good previews for UFC shows at Bleacher Report and Connor Ruebusch does good ones at Sherdog.

I look at them to see whether my thoughts on the fights align with theirs. I wasn't really aware of these sorts of articles when I first got into MMA, but I wish I was. They would have helped me a lot in understanding things that you can't really get from commentators during fights.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692373-the-complete-guide-to-ufc-fight-night-105-lewis-vs-browne
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Preview-UFC-Fight-Night-Lewis-vs-Browne-117323

Lewis TKO
Hendricks dec
Sicilia dec
Theodorou dec
McMann dec
Felder TKO

Can't believe I changed my pick. Had Hendricks marked down by Decision and changed it to that bunny Lombard, why oh why. Just cost myself 2 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UFC Fightnight 105 - Lewis vs Browne

Browne TKO
Hendricks Dec
Tucker Dec
Theodorou Dec
McMann Sub
Felder TKO

Updated leaderboard

Dignan -- 5+4 (previous score 20) = 29
Guy Threepwood -- 5+3 (previous score 19) = 27
Stevi_Tigers -- 4+2 (previous score 19) = 25
Hate --4+3 (previous score 18) = 25
Adzam -- 3+1 (previous score 20) = 24
D-mac3276 -- 4+3 (previous score 17) = 24
bomber_mad_1989 -- 4+3 (previous score 15) = 22
Gigantic -- 4+3 (previous score 13) = 20
Ross -- 5+2 (previous score 12) = 19
BradWCE -- 3+1 (previous score 13) = 17
Phantom13 -- 3+1 (previous score 11) = 15

Congrats again to Dignan who has topped the scores this round and has opened up a 2 point gap at the top. Thanks too Stevi_Tigers for tallying the results last week. Appreciate it mate. :thumbsu:

UFC 209 is the next card we are tipping on. No main card announcement has been made (that I can find), but the top 5 fights on the card currently are:

Tyron Woodley vs Stephen Thompson
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson
Rashad Evans vs Dan Kelly
Lando Vannata vs David Teymur
Alistair Overeem vs Mark Hunt

Woodley sub
Khabib sub
Evans dec
Vannata TKO
Overeem TKO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back