2017 US Senate Alabama Special Election - DEMOCRATIC WIN

Remove this Banner Ad

No
I pointed out the Ryan,McConnell etc never wanted Moore
Before the allegations
You have to admire the way you never let the facts or any other aspect of reality get in the way of your world view.

Trump nominates Sessions as his A-G, forcing a special election to be held in Alabama to fill the vacancy created by Sessions becoming A-G, and then Trump publicly chastises Sessions for the job he's doing, especially in relation to the FBI investigation into Russian involvement in the election. Reaping what he sows, is Trump.

After not wanting him anywhere near Washington
That was before the allegations
Yes they reluctantly got on at the end
I'd say the RNC made a hard headed party decision that it was pointless to invest resources in the race after the child molestation allegations came out. The right wing media managed to hold the line and the Southern Baptist community remained hostile enough on the issue of abortion that the polling rebounded, so they started investing resources again.

Democrats spent $1 million on the election to get the vote out, but did it while allowing Jones to separate himself from the "Washington elite". The effort focused on black, faith and youth outreach. Additionally, MoveOn.org donated $250,000 to the campaign and its members sent 93,000 text messages for the candidate. TV advertisements paid for by a Democratic super PAC urged conservatives to write-in for Nick Saban (coaches the football team for the University of Alabama) instead of voting for Moore.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/12/alabama-senate-democrats-jones-293496

TV advertisements paid for by a Democratic super PAC urged conservatives to write-in for Nick Saban (coaches the football team for the University of Alabama) instead of voting for Moore.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Nick Suban and was thoroughly confused as to why a former Freo player was mentioned.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Nick Suban and was thoroughly confused as to why a former Freo player was mentioned.

Even freo voters wouldnt write in suban!

Good to see Charles Barkley calling out the Democrats for riding the coat tails of guaranteed Democrat voters, yet not doing enough for them. A lesson perhaps for the 2020 campaign.

Was certainly an amazing turn around. This is one aspect of politics I do find fascinating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After not wanting him anywhere near Washington
That was before the allegations
Yes they reluctantly got on at the end

Whether that's true or not, even if it were the case, I'd suggest their opposition to Moore would be likely based on politics than any significant ideological differences. They more or less agree on everything in terms of economics but realised Moore was too big an extremist on social issues.

But ofcourse, being a nutcase who wants to recriminalise homosexuality is only considered a minor misdemeanor to Republicans, as long as Moore was going to support their tax cuts for the rich plan.

Are Trump supporters getting sick of all this "winning" yet?

Trump backs Strange in the primaries & he loses. Trump then backs Moore in the election and he loses.

Republicans lose a senate seat in the redest of red states.

So much "winning".

This year we got bodyslamming journalists and trying to * kids. Who knows what dumb s**t we'll learn about their cavalcade of 2018 candidates.

Republicans are (finally) paying the price for their ridiculous absolutist politics since Obama got elected.

The Trump/Moore/Tea Party wing of the Republican party is a natural outcome of that. That cancer has now spread to such an extent that sensible Republicans are now staying home. If that base can't hold states like Alabama then the party is in trouble. Establishment Republicans have until now played to that base but I suspect this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Moderate Republicans will feel emboldened by this loss.

The Coalition MPs & supporters in the media that have embraced this flavour of Conservatism here would be wise to learn the lesson.

To be fair, Moore would have won based upon this if the good olr days moore looks back on foldly were still here. If only america was great again, as it last was according to moore when slavery was still the.norm

Lady liberty has spoken President sex predator and Liar in chief. Hope this results pisses him and his RWNJs off!

DQ3FvadVoAANMN0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back