2017 - VAFA Premier B : Fitzroy's fixtures

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.vafa.com.au/latest-news/2017-william-buck-premier-premier-c-fixtures-released/

Rd 01 (Apr 08) - Parkdale v Fitzroy
{Easter weekend}
Rd 02 (Apr 22) - Fitzroy v Peninsula
Rd 03 (Apr 29) - Old Brighton v Fitzroy
Rd 04 (May 06) - Fitzroy v St Bernards
Rd 05 (May 13) - Fitzroy v AJAX
Rd 06 (May 20) - Mazenod v Fitzroy
Rd 07 (May 27) - Fitzroy v Monash Blues
Rd 08 (Jun 03) - Old Carey v Fitzroy
{Queens Birthday weekend}
Rd 09 (Jun 17) - Fitzroy v Old Scotch
Rd 10 (Jun 24) - Peninsula v Fitzroy
Rd 11 (Jul 01) - Fitzroy v Old Brighton
{Interleague weekend?}
Rd 12 (Jul 15) - St Bernards v Fitzroy
Rd 13 (Jul 22) - Fitzroy v Mazenod
Rd 14 (Jul 29) - Monash Blues v Fitzroy
Rd 15 (Aug 12) - Mazenod v AJAX
Rd 16 (Aug 19) - Old Scotch v Fitzroy
Rd 17 (Aug 26) - Fitzroy v Parkdale
Rd 18 (Sep 02) - AJAX v Fitzroy

killer

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2001
a van down by the river
AFL Club
Gold Coast
this the year we git out of the Bees?

VAFA premier B
08/04 old parkdale away
22/04 old peninsula BSO
29/04 old Brighton away
06/05 old Bernard bso
13/05 old ajax BSO
20/05 old Masenod away
27/05 old Monash BSO
03/06 old Carey Away
17/06 old Scotch BSO
24/06 old Peninsula Away
01/07 old brighton BSO
15/07 old Bernard away
22/07 old Mazenod BSO
29/07 old Monash away
12/08 old Carey BSO
19/08 old Scotch away
26/08 old Parkdale BSO
02/09 old Ajax away

Roysforever

All Australian
Oct 28, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Melbourne Storm
this the year we git out of the Bees?

VAFA premier B
08/04 old parkdale away
22/04 old peninsula BSO
29/04 old Brighton away
06/05 old Bernard bso
13/05 old ajax BSO
20/05 old Masenod away
27/05 old Monash BSO
03/06 old Carey Away
17/06 old Scotch BSO
24/06 old Peninsula Away
01/07 old brighton BSO
15/07 old Bernard away
22/07 old Mazenod BSO
29/07 old Monash away
12/08 old Carey BSO
19/08 old Scotch away
26/08 old Parkdale BSO
02/09 old Ajax away

I get the impression a number of senior players aren't available for 2017. Say it ain't so.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I've started going to plenty of the games at Brunswick St this year (parking isn't as bad as I expected!)

I always had a bit of an attachment to Fitzroy because the first AFL games I ever saw - in Tassie and in Melbourne - all happened to feature Fitzroy. I'm glad that they're as good as my local team, only 10 minutes down the road.

I have one question though... the inability to buy beer at games is a VAFA thing, right? So why is it that you can BYO on "hipster hill"? Or is this one of those things that isn't actually that legal, but people do anyway? (I'm certainly not complaining about BYO!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mountain roy

Debutant
Nov 6, 2005
leura
Other Teams
fitzroy
parkdale won by a point, fitzroy lost so we are in the relegation zone and...... play parkdale next week at home. winner to stay up, loser into c division basically. first time ive ever barracked for a team known as the pirates to win. hi nobbyiscool. yes the vafa prohibit alcohol at their grounds but because brunswick st is a open public reserve they cant do much about bringing your esky to hipster hill.

Len S

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pathetic performance today against Parkdale. Everything to play for and Fitzroy gave up at home without much of a wimper.
Fair go,they lost 7 or 8 senior players, including their best,coming into the season,and half the team are still thirds....the coach on the other hand,last week abusing opponents when he wasn't abusing the kids,a bit more to it mate.

Fair go,they lost 7 or 8 senior players, including their best,coming into the season,and half the team are still thirds....the coach on the other hand,last week abusing opponents when he wasn't abusing the kids,a bit more to it mate.
Coach would have to be looking for a new gig next year. We started the season so well but completely fell away. Len S you are probably closer to things than me but why wasn't Will Pickering getting a game in the Seniors and what has happened to Nick Marshall? He looked great in the Senior side last year, running around in the long sleeves and I have not seen him at all this year. Two weeks ago we beat Old Carey to keep our hopes alive, Parkdale lost points for a rules breach, everything seemed to be going our way and then it all goes up in smoke. I'm not having a crack at individuals, but surely something is wrong here.

Last edited:
Nick Mitchell and Fitzroy Football Club part ways with a round to go, but sadly the damage appears to have been done. Looks like we are back to C Grade next year. Very disappointing. We need a big win against Ajax, who are something of a hoodoo side for us, to hold our spot. Here's hoping. C'mon boys finish with a BANG!

Roysforever

All Australian
Oct 28, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Melbourne Storm

It was always going to be a tough year losing those senior players at the beginning of the season. In April I thought if we achieved six wins and secured a place in B Grade for 2018 that would prove a good result. It was not lost on me that victory over Parkdale would have ticked both boxes. After such a promising start to the game the second half was dismal. Nonetheless I understand the youngsters would be feeling fatigued at the moment. I agree with your comments regarding the coach and after today's announcement believe it is a positive change for all concerned.

Roysforever

All Australian
Oct 28, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Melbourne Storm
Nick Mitchell and Fitzroy Football Club part ways with a round to go, but sadly the damage appears to have been done. Looks like we are back to C Grade next year. Very disappointing. We need a big win against Ajax, who are something of a hoodoo side for us, to hold our spot. Here's hoping. C'mon boys finish with a BANG!

We still have a genuine opportunity to stay in B Grade. If Scotch turn up against Parkdale that match should be a one sided event. Equally I'm confident the events of the week will help galvanised the side such that we are competitive against AJAX. Go Roys!

We still have a genuine opportunity to stay in B Grade. If Scotch turn up against Parkdale that match should be a one sided event. Equally I'm confident the events of the week will help galvanised the side such that we are competitive against AJAX. Go Roys!
Going to be an absolute cliff hanger then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back