VFL 2017 VFL Magpies Off-Season and Recruiting Thread (list finalised! See OP & p14 post 331!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, around $250K
Well that sounds pitiful.

I'm sure the players would be willing to take less of an increase in this CBA to look after their brethren.

Solidarity brothers!!!!

**** yeah. If Cloke plays 15+ AFL games this season, if we happen across each other, I'll shout you a jug of your choice.
jmac70 outwit him by not taking the jug prize he is offering, go for the boobie prize.;)

jmac70 outwit him by not taking the jug prize he is offering, go for the boobie prize.;)

I was going to order a jug of The Balvenie 50 Year Old Single Malt. Currently retaining at $37k a bottle.

There is a VFL salary cap?
Yes. A ridiculously low cap. It's the reason so many good footballers choose local footy over VFL. It's more lucrative for them to play in lesser competitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** yeah. If Cloke plays 15+ AFL games this season, if we happen across each other, I'll shout you a jug of your choice.

So is the New GamePlan for Dogs is to Beat team by Kicking Points and Relying on someone who is way past there Prime?

Yes. A ridiculously low cap. It's the reason so many good footballers choose local footy over VFL. It's more lucrative for them to play in lesser competitions.

That is less the Mininmum Wage in the AFL. I can see why some players who not aiming to Play AFL would go to Local Footy for Money

Wow - How many players on our list have to fit under that 250k cap?

We managed to fit 24 primary list players in with that 250k, not including development squad players (equivalent to rookies) or blokes from 2015 carrying over in long-term rehab...

We managed to fit 24 primary list players in with that 250k, not including development squad players (equivalent to rookies) or blokes from 2015 carrying over in long-term rehab...

Crikey - That averages at not much more than $10,000 each per season. I had no idea there was even a cap.

Crikey - That averages at not much more than $10,000 each per season. I had no idea there was even a cap.
Probably one of the advantages of not having a VFL development team is that it enables our VFL players to play local footy when not running around in the black and white.

Gatti's departure confirmed

Hailing from Victoria, Gatti has worked for the Collingwood Football Club as its VFL General Manager for the past four years, having joined the Pies from AFL Victoria where he was employed as a Football Operations Officer where he oversaw the operations of the VFL and TAC Cup competitions.

Gatti, who will commence his role on January 16, said the developing nature of the NEAFL is what attracted him to the role.

“I am really excited for this opportunity. The challenges and the uniqueness the NEAFL competition presents is why I wanted to step up into the role,” he said.

Great move by the club.
Got someone else to pay for one of our recruiters.
Eddie will do anything to avoid the FD tax;)

but I guess he could send some of the NTFL Stars to our VFL Side for Better Opportunity and chance at AFL;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back