VFL 2017 VFL Magpies Off-Season and Recruiting Thread (list finalised! See OP & p14 post 331!)

Remove this Banner Ad

By my accounts these are the VFL players not yet accounted for.

51. Michael Still
52. Lachie Wallace
53. Jack Hellier (ACL so I'm not sure what we'll do there)
63. Gus Borthwick
64. Jesse Wallin
69. Jack Blair.
71. Angelo Rambaldi
72. Will Knight
74. Jackson Viola
75. Marcus Alessi
76. Adrian Indovino

DEVELOPMENT
Trent Cody
Max Kelly
Theo Rosenthal

REHAB
Rourke Fisher
Josh Turner

That is just going by this list. I have no idea how up to date it was.
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/vfl/vfl-players-2016
Bolded are the ones only worth keeping IMO. Possibly Wallace as well.

51. Michael Still
52. Lachie Wallace
63. Gus Borthwick
64. Jesse Wallin
69. Jack Blair.
71. Angelo Rambaldi
72. Will Knight
74. Jackson Viola
75. Marcus Alessi
76. Adrian Indovino

DEVELOPMENT
Trent Cody
Max Kelly
Theo Rosenthal

REHAB
Rourke Fisher
Josh Turner

I hope we re-sign Wallace, Hellier, Borthwick and Indovino for various reasons.

Getting hold of Tahana appears to be a decent coup. I'm not sure what's gone on with him of late but a year ago he was rated one of SA's better draft prospects. He's still only 19 so hopefully this move will work out well for all concerned. Chippendale (as mentioned elsewhere) is a SANFL premiership player, he's had plenty of injuries but could be another excellent signing.

There's been nothing official from the club confirming that Jackson Starcevich will be playing for us in 2017 (there's just been the players' claim in an NT newspaper article), so it will be interesting to see what happens with that one. It seems reasonable to think Michael Still will try his luck elsewhere next year, so we do have a vacancy for a tall forward or two to fill.

51. Michael Still
52. Lachie Wallace
63. Gus Borthwick
64. Jesse Wallin
69. Jack Blair.
71. Angelo Rambaldi
72. Will Knight
74. Jackson Viola
75. Marcus Alessi
76. Adrian Indovino

DEVELOPMENT
Trent Cody
Max Kelly
Theo Rosenthal

REHAB
Rourke Fisher
Josh Turner

It's accurate to about Round 16 of the 2016 season. Matheson is listed as "REHAB" in the link, yet he came off of the Rehab list and played again late in the year.

Of the unaccounted, I'd like to retain Still (gun forward when fit), Wallace (handy back pocket/running half back small), Hellier (leadership), and Indovino. Not fussed about any of the rest, bar maybe Josh Turner (aka Mini Lingy)...

Getting hold of Tahana appears to be a decent coup. I'm not sure what's gone on with him of late but a year ago he was rated one of SA's better draft prospects. He's still only 19 so hopefully this move will work out well for all concerned.

I remember after his 17th year people where talking about him as a 1st Round Pick.

So be very interesting to Follow him.

Interesting to Find out why he Decided to leave SA for Collingwood(Victoria) and Choose the VFL over the SANL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in the Ammos he isn't
You'd be surprised how much more you can make playing in the Ammos vs the VFL, although I have heard they're looking to put a salary cap in to combat spiraling player payments in 2017.

VAFA players don't earn a cent as far as I'm aware
Ah, should have read properly. Yes, you're right, the VAFA is a genuine non-paying amateur league. No idea why Brown would give up the $$$ he could get elsewhere tbh.

Ah, should have read properly. Yes, you're right, the VAFA is a genuine non-paying amateur league. No idea why Brown would give up the $$$ he could get elsewhere tbh.

Maybe could be part of Job he got?

Maybe could be part of Job he got?
Wouldn't have thought so Dave. He could have played in the EDFL or another similar league with pretty casual training for some pretty nice $$$ in addition to any job he has.

Wouldn't have thought so Dave. He could have played in the EDFL or another similar league with pretty casual training for some pretty nice $$$ in addition to any job he has.

So he be getting money from his Job;) that is Linked to the Club;)

So he be getting money from his Job;) that is Linked to the Club;)
I have serious doubts that any VAFA clubs have the clout to organise high paying jobs to lure players in Dave...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back