News 2017 VFL team

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one of the strongest in the league IMO; along with Port, Willy and the Dogs. I expect the call to be made after the Praccy matches.
I agree, the team looks good, fit and strong. I understand there is another Intra club this weekend AFL/VFL a few first year VFL boys look like they can seriously play!

Hey eth-dog - do you have a VFL team (starting 22 plus bench) now we have all our aquisitions sorted etc? I heard we got Hooper but he wont play this year hes injured..??
I'm nowhere near there. Round 1 will give me a good idea

Not me. There's a praccy match thread somewhere on the MB if you want to check there.

Given Woosha's comments and the side named in the AFL (in the first few rounds so no Myers, Ridley or Laverde) I think our best side will line up somewhat like:

Heppell - Ferry - Dea
J Merrett - Brown - McNiece
McKenna - Bird - Mutch
Begley - Francis - Long
McKernan - Stewart - Green
Draper - Hocking - Howlett
Clarke - Morgan - Redman - Uysal
O'Brien - Younan - Luxford - Cornell
Holmes - Carr - Ottavi - Peters (23rd man)

From Woosha's comments I take that Bellchambers is best 22 so I slotted him in for Green. There's room for Baguley to miss as well.

Anyone going along to this game - start @ 12pm today @ Tullamarine?
Box Hill have a decent team in but so do we, though no Stewart or Morgan...
Looking forward to seeing big Issac Muller;-

McKenna Freezer McNeice
Dea Brown J.Merrett
Clarke Bird Mutch
Begley Draper Redman
Francis Bellcho Long

Muller Hocking Howlett

Ottavi Noonan Gilbert Uysal
Carr Ogden Boyse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame that we've taken two of Cobug's guns.
Younan I'm more disappointed about. Uysal was gone as soon as we failed to make finals last year, I'm just glad it was to Essendon. Good to have a Madden at Essendon too.

Coburg will struggle next year unfortunately.

He's useless everywhere
FTFY :thumbsu:.

Going to be interesting to see who lines up tomorrow. They still haven't named the squad.

Question lads, do the senior players numbers get reserved for the VFL team? So for instance if Jobe Watson were to play a game of VFL last year would he have worn #4? Thanks y’all

Question lads, do the senior players numbers get reserved for the VFL team? So for instance if Jobe Watson were to play a game of VFL last year would he have worn #4? Thanks y’all
Yes, most of the time. Occasionally there is an overlap with a senior and a VFL player, and the senior players will then play in very high numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back