Competitions 2017 William "Ching" Harris B&F Award

Remove this Banner Ad

CHING WINNER 2017

The winner of the Ching for 2017 is Jackson Macrae by the narrowest of margins, polling 51 votes just ahead of last year's winner, Marcus Bontempelli, with 50 votes. Toby McLean was third with 33. Congratulations Jackson!

Here's the Ching Top 10:
1st Macrae 51
2nd Bontempelli 50
3rd McLean 33
4th Dahlhaus 27
5th Daniel 25
6th Hunter 18
7th Biggs 14.3
8th Cordy 11
9th Johannisen 11
10th Picken 10.5​

Marcus Bontempelli has won his third consecutive Pups award quite comfortably from Toby McLean and Caleb Daniel.

Here's the top five in the Pups:
1st Bontempelli 42
2nd McLean 27
3rd Daniel 26
4th Cordy 13
5th Dale 11​

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Here's the final leaderboard:

By the way, the vote counts are much lower than previous years. This probably has to be the lowest vote polled by a winner of the Ching seniors to date

By the way, the vote counts are much lower than previous years. This probably has to be the lowest vote polled by a winner of the Ching seniors to date
Why would that be Mike?

No finals I suppose (we had four of those last year! :)) However there were still 22 H&A games and the same number of votes allocated each week (5-4-3-2-1). Just spread a bit thinner? i.e. More players getting among the votes. I did note that 14 different players got BoGs this year.

Glad to see Jacko get the win, what a criminally underrated player he is externally. Has been so consistently good for his whole career and this year was no different, 20+ touches in every single game this season speaks to that.

It's been well-discussed already but I'm so proud of the heights Mclean reached this year in an underperforming team. He just has such great resolve and composure. Living with Dale Morris for a while probably helped ingrain that mindset. Extraordinary leap from being a fringe player to being third in our ching and one of our most productive midfielders within the space of a year. I suspect he will be mentioned along with the likes of Bontempelli, Macrae and Libba when discussing our best mids from 2018 onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back