2017 WTA Tour - Premier & International

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes! I was thinking the same while watching the match.
Yeah, but with Halep, it is never truly on her racquet. she has worked so hard to finally reach the number 1.

To think she has done this with 2 round 1 losses at grand slams

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does the WTA need to rethink its ranking points system? They get a lot more slamless #1s than the ATP.
I don't think they need to. It's just that in the wta we have a lot of competitive athletes who go through hot patches of form and then have some poor results also. None of the slam winners made the final of one of the other slams which can lead to no dominance in the rankings. Halep has been the most consistent across the year, venus has been the most consistent in the slams but doesn't play many tournaments.

There are only 1000 points separating first to fifth in the race to year end number 1 and that's pretty exciting. The points are spread very evenly this year in the top 7.

There are only 1000 points separating first to fifth in the race to year end number 1 and that's pretty exciting. The points are spread very evenly this year in the top 7.

What's also exciting is that Garcia from out of nowhere is challenging Konta for the 8th spot for Singapore. Could Konta for the 2nd year in a row miss out by a last minute sniper move? (Last year it was Kuznetsova).

Whether she gets it or not, atm her current form is sweet justice for someone who was slammed by some of her compatriots like Mladenovic and Cornet because she wanted to focus on her career (no Fed Cup).

What's also exciting is that Garcia from out of nowhere is challenging Konta for the 8th spot for Singapore. Could Konta for the 2nd year in a row miss out by a last minute sniper move? (Last year it was Kuznetsova).

Whether she gets it or not, atm her current form is sweet justice for someone who was slammed by some of her compatriots like Mladenovic and Cornet because she wanted to focus on her career (no Fed Cup).
was about to make a post about Garcia regarding her red-hot form. Just been a top 5(ish) player since Wimbledon I think.would laugh if Konta misses by a nose again. the tournament would be currently better with red-hot Garcia than formless Konta.

Looking forward to watching Halep(7:30 AEST) and then Nick later. hopefully, i can stay up for it.

And she had 9 break points @ 3-3 in the 2nd set :eek::eek::eek:

Garcia wins the TB and gets the Wuhan-Beijing double (a WTA first). Great get :thumbsu:

I caught the last set , well done Garcia. Disappointing for Halep, she played so well yesterday and I thought she should win this tournament.

Wozniacki and Svitolina both out retired in Hong Kong. Good opportunity now for Stosur or Dasha to win the tournament

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dasha misses out on winning the final going down in a 3rd set tiebreak. The match was delayed by 5 hours due to a typhoon and there was a delay for about 30 minutes during the 3rd set due to heavy rain. Good effort i guess after finishing the match in the early hours of the morning in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort Daria, the conditions probably didn't help.

Also, Maria has won her first tournament since her drug ban (not sure if anyone cares lol)
so torn. I understand the emotion she showed at the end and respect her ability to come back.

but...yeah. It's not the same

Sara Errani had a good tournament back as well. semis in singles and won the doubles. Hopefully, she not cooking with mama again ;)

Good effort Daria, the conditions probably didn't help.

Now 1-3 in WTA career finals.

Strýcová surprisingly went against that trend by beating Rybáriková in the Linz final. Is now 2-6 in WTA finals (singles).

Julia Görges is 2-7 in her career. Went 0-3 this year :eek:

Also, Maria has won her first tournament since her drug ban (not sure if anyone cares lol)

Tennis Australia cares. They're dusting off extra rolls of red carpet specifically for her just as we speak :rolleyes:

The Good: Kiki Ml won a set. Hooray. also broke into the top 10.....

The Bad: She still lost, which makes it 10!!! in a row. Also, she served 15!!!!!! Double Faults.
Wow, she's actually tied for points with Kuznetsova at 2856 - don't think I've seen that before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back