2017 WTA Tour - Premier & International

Remove this Banner Ad

Right now the WTA is so wide open. Who can confidently predict the #1 player by year's end or who'll win the remaining 3 slams?
It certainly is open.

The question is whether we're going to see a year of mediocre talents excelling or a year of some genuine future stars pushing through. I'm hopeful of the latter but not convinced yet.

a couple of interesting results last night. Sevastova beat a slow starting Stosur on the indoor clay. bad bad result by sam. was 6-1, 4-6, 6-3.

and Genie Bouchard needs help. lost to Cepelova 6-0!!!!!!, 6-4 in Istanbul. Even Tomic has won more games since the Aussie Open than Genie.

a couple of interesting results last night. Sevastova beat a slow starting Stosur on the indoor clay. bad bad result by sam. was 6-1, 4-6, 6-3.

and Genie Bouchard needs help. lost to Cepelova 6-0!!!!!!, 6-4 in Istanbul. Even Tomic has won more games since the Aussie Open than Genie.

Genie must have lost it since I put her sports illustrated swimsuit photo as my screen saver. lol

Mladenovic ends Sharapova's run. Eventually. 3-6, 7-5, 6-4.

Kiki broke Maria to go 4-2 in the 3rd and was down 15-40 on her next service game before winning the next 4 pts to hold serve and was again down 15-40 on her following service game (@ 5-3) before losing her serve. Kiki then breaks Maria to take out the match by winning the last 3 pts after Maria had game point to go 5-5.

ohh wow. watching the Stuttgart final and while serving for the match, The chair ump has given Laura Siegemund a time violation. It was her 2nd one for the match and hence a point penalty. she has now lost 6 pts in a row since that call. (but a slight recovery as i type this to take the match into a 3rd TB)

I am all for time violations but this one was harsh. she didnt get to the line fast enough supposedly but the home crowd were going off. now the home crowd have turned hostile.

welll, crap, it is 1:45am. Oh well. i was a good 3rd set. Lots of drama. good win in the end for Laura. She is a queer case. she was a basketcase before the clay and now she has defeated 3 top 10 players and has probably taken the biggest clay court title for this year so far.

also, just turned it over just in time to see Nadal win again. Svitolina won in Istanbul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gavrilova up next on centre court in the Morocco Open. Should defeat Mertens

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
yep. easy win coming up. it is not the same Mertens who played in Istanbul. she is very tired. still, Dasha is playing same very good shots when she is given a chance.

Dasha has won 10 games in a row.

Yeah, that loss is extremely concerning, I haven't been hopeful this season and sadly this continues the trend. Almost hope she's injured with that sort of loss on clay.

barthel after facing 3 match points on her opponents serve in qualifying has gone all the way to the final and won, well done barthel overcoming illness last year to make it back and to beat kr pliskova

Bouchard def Cornet in Madrid and her next opponent will either be Lucic or Maria.

It doesn’t get any easier for her in the next round – she’ll face either No.17 Mirjana Lucic-Baroni or Stuttgart semifinalist Maria Sharapova for a chance to make it two wins in Madrid.

“I think they both play similar, aggressive tennis, but I hope I can play Maria,” Bouchard admitted. “Once I step on the court, everything will be to the side. But, you know, inside myself, I think I'll have a bit more motivation.”

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/bouchard-scores-first-madrid-victory-over-cornet-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back