Preview 2017 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from the WA U18's trial game vs WA Country.

And can I just say we will get a ripper in Jason Carter, the way he runs, his speed and skills and reading of the play reminds me so much of a right footed Cyril Rioli....the guy's a jet. One of those "metres gained" players off the half back line.

Johnny Frampton was impressive, particularly in the first quarter. At 199cm he played in the ruck but it was his work around the ground that was impressive, played like a midfielder and is a good left foot kick.

Oscar Allen at CHF was good too.

Sydney Stack, Zareth Roe, Brayden Ainsworth and Jarrod Cameron also impressed.

WA Country had Josh Simpson, Greg Broughton and Josh Bootsma but it wasn't an overly strong side.

I think WA will struggle this year and the best players are the bottom agers.

WA 18's 15.11 v 6.13

Just got back from the WA U18's trial game vs WA Country.

And can I just say we will get a ripper in Jason Carter, the way he runs, his speed and skills and reading of the play reminds me so much of a right footed Cyril Rioli....the guy's a jet. One of those "metres gained" players off the half back line.

Johnny Frampton was impressive, particularly in the first quarter. At 199cm he played in the ruck but it was his work around the ground that was impressive, played like a midfielder and is a good left foot kick.

Oscar Allen at CHF was good too.

Sydney Stack, Zareth Roe, Brayden Ainsworth and Jarrod Cameron also impressed.

WA Country had Josh Simpson, Greg Broughton and Josh Bootsma but it wasn't an overly strong side.

I think WA will struggle this year and the best players are the bottom agers.

WA 18's 15.11 v 6.13
Frampton's averaged about 18 disposals in his 5 colts games this year. Impressive for a 199cm ruck prospect. No doubt he'll charge up the draft board if he continues like he is. Hopefully not too much though.

Did Ian 'Bobby' Hill play? My 2018 draft dream would be getting both Ian Hill and Jason Carter.

Everyone's talking about Sambono :)

stax on the mull - assume this is highlights from the game you watched?

And here's another video from earlier in the year:

Only downside is he barracks for Collingwood. Buckley should solve that issue before end of season though.

He's in next year's draft. We have no-one this year but that could change closer to draft day.

We have also nominated Liam Henry for the 2019 draft.
So carter is just training with us in 2018 and we not drafting him at the end of the year this year ? Only eligible to be drafted in 2018?

So carter is just training with us in 2018 and we not drafting him at the end of the year this year ? Only eligible to be drafted in 2018?
Yeah he already trained with us during this year's pre-season as well. But won't be on our list until end of next year unfortunately.

edit - could probably search the training watchers thread for more info.

Yeah he already trained with us during this year's pre-season as well. But won't be on our list until end of next year unfortunately.

edit - could probably search the training watchers thread for more info.
Yeah heard he came down a couple of times. Will be interesting to see how much of the 2018 pre season he does

Frampton's averaged about 18 disposals in his 5 colts games this year. Impressive for a 199cm ruck prospect. No doubt he'll charge up the draft board if he continues like he is. Hopefully not too much though.

Did Ian 'Bobby' Hill play? My 2018 draft dream would be getting both Ian Hill and Jason Carter.
Hill didn't play, not sure why, i'll find out on tomorrow.

WA have a super quick side, but not a lot of depth in key positions. Even Josh Simpson commented how "quick these little buggers" are!

Frampton was super impressive, IMO best on ground in the first quarter when the 18's skipped to a 5.3 to 0.3 lead just before Country kicked their first for the quarter.

For those who haven't seen Carter live, I urge you if you get an opportunity, do it, he is so exciting and IMO would be a very high draft pick, particularly with his Rioli-like style, can't wait to see him in purple.

Jarrod Cameron is the other that really impressed, much more "rounded" and more a midfielder than his brother, and probably not as lean as Charlie was at the same age.

Distinct South Freo flavour about the 18's coaching/assistants with Sumich, Jakovich, Dorotich, Brad Collard, Nick Caputi and West Perth's Mark Seaby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill injured his shoulder playing PSA footy with Wesley but should be ok to play 18's this week against a WA U21 side at Rushton Park on Saturday.

If you want to see the 18's in action, get down to Mandurah. I think the WA U16's are playing the WA U17's in the curtain raiser as well.

Hill injured his shoulder playing PSA footy with Wesley but should be ok to play 18's this week against a WA U21 side at Rushton Park on Saturday.

If you want to see the 18's in action, get down to Mandurah. I think the WA U16's are playing the WA U17's in the curtain raiser as well.

Is this before the Peel game?

Hi Chris, how do you rate stafan Giro of Norwood under 18.he plays for their reserves and average 3 goals and 27 disposals per game.And week probably playing league. Selected for SA under 18 for championships... How do you rate him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back