2018/19 A-League Grand Final

Glory.png

V

SydFC.png

Sunday May 19th 2019
Kick-Off 4:30pm Local Time 6:30pm (EST)
Venue
Optus Stadium, Perth

Sure to be a classic, Previous meetings between these two teams this season has result in two wins to SydneyFC one win to Perth Glory.
previous meetings:
21st Dec 2018 Perth Glory 1-2 SydneyFC
9th Jan 2019 Perth Glory 3-1 SydenyFC
18th April 2019 SydneyFC 1-0 Perth Glory

hopefully a packed Optus stadium and a cracking game awaits.

Prediction: Perth 2-1

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Grand Final!​

Last edited:

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Hopefully yesterday was them blowing their load and we can't play that badly again. I don't care how we win as long as we beat City Hall FC.

Fox Sports and the rest of the Sydney-centric media are going to be unbearable this week.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hopefully yesterday was them blowing their load and we can't play that badly again. I don't care how we win as long as we beat City Hall FC.

Fox Sports and the rest of the Sydney-centric media are going to be unbearable this week.
You’ll cave to Sydney in the final. I hope you don’t but I only see one outcome.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
You’ll cave to Sydney in the final. I hope you don’t but I only see one outcome.

Why do you think that?

I still think Perth are the better team, despite Sydney's big win! Perth really shouldn't have allowed that game on Friday night to go into extra-time, they have been consistent all season and rarely have played two bad games in a row if at all! I think Perth are a lot more solid down back too and would put up a much tougher resistance than Victory did.

Last edited:

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Are both teams getting an opportunity to train on the ground before hand? AFL there Friday night, so the ground wont be in rectangular trim until Saturday and I'd be surprised if they're allowed onto it Friday before a game.

I mean, if they both only get a session each it becomes more and more neutral I would think.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had this mental image of a beautiful, sun-kissed Sunday afternoon but it looks like it'll be grey, 18, and only a low chance of a few mil. Could be some perfect conditions.

It's good to see the FFA've frozen ticket prices. IMO it should be $17 for entry to a GA game but the fact a lot of tickets are less than 75 bucks is good. Don't care where I sit, just want to enjoy the day.

Thank * it's not the Victory though. I can't tell you how many finals and cup games I've seen where the Glory's missed penalties, hit the bar, completely choked against them. All over there but still. They've got the steely cool in big finals. Still not especially confident in the Glory tho: I was a kid watching those Wollongong Wolves Grand Finals and I've seen enough chokes to know how it'll go. Tho tbh the choke usually comes in about round 11.

Should be a good day though, going to be interesting how it goes afterwards. I've only been to Optus once and my train line goes right through to it, but how much of a hassle'll this be getting back to Perth for a few beers? What's even on?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Im behind you guys for the GF. Lets hope it is #glory for the Glory!

Dockerjonz

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Benfica,Canucks
I had this mental image of a beautiful, sun-kissed Sunday afternoon but it looks like it'll be grey, 18, and only a low chance of a few mil. Could be some perfect conditions.

It's good to see the FFA've frozen ticket prices. IMO it should be $17 for entry to a GA game but the fact a lot of tickets are less than 75 bucks is good. Don't care where I sit, just want to enjoy the day.

Thank **** it's not the Victory though. I can't tell you how many finals and cup games I've seen where the Glory's missed penalties, hit the bar, completely choked against them. All over there but still. They've got the steely cool in big finals. Still not especially confident in the Glory tho: I was a kid watching those Wollongong Wolves Grand Finals and I've seen enough chokes to know how it'll go. Tho tbh the choke usually comes in about round 11.

Should be a good day though, going to be interesting how it goes afterwards. I've only been to Optus once and my train line goes right through to it, but how much of a hassle'll this be getting back to Perth for a few beers? What's even on?

Drinks at your place😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Two active bays were sold out straight away. They put two more on and they sold out instantly too. Then there was a crash of ticketmaster when public went on sale. Good signs it'll be a decent crowd.

One bay was taken off Sydney too because they have no fans.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Two active bays were sold out straight away. They put two more on and they sold out instantly too. Then there was a crash of ticketmaster when public went on sale. Good signs it'll be a decent crowd.

One bay was taken off Sydney too because they have no fans.

lol I Remember back in the 2015 Grand Final at AAMI Park Sydney where give the whole Yarraside end and couldn’t Even fill it, the Backend was virtually empty.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apparently they could bring in the temporary seating if it sells out. Surely with 45,000 or so you'd do it – it's not going to decrease the atmosphere, the opposite obviously, but it'll allow big groups to buy tickets. Something you can't do now.

Simon1975

Draftee
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
2018/19 A-League Grand Final

View attachment 672683

V

View attachment 672684

Sunday May 19th 2019
Kick-Off 4:30pm Local Time 6:30pm (EST)
Venue
Optus Stadium, Perth

Sure to be a classic, Previous meetings between these two teams this season has result in two wins to SydneyFC one win to Perth Glory.
previous meetings:
21st Dec 2018 Perth Glory 1-2 SydneyFC
9th Jan 2019 Perth Glory 3-1 SydenyFC
18th April 2019 SydneyFC 1-0 Perth Glory

hopefully a packed Optus stadium and a cracking game awaits.

Prediction: Perth 2-1

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Grand Final!​
Hi can anyone tell me Section of Optus Stadium at the shed Cheer squad will be sitting at Optus Stadium I would like to buy tickets in that area ?

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi can anyone tell me Section of Optus Stadium at the shed Cheer squad will be sitting at Optus Stadium I would like to buy tickets in that area ?
The Shed is the 'active support' as they call it in the A-League and it was in blocks 129-133, but they sold out early.

Sydney one's probably free for ya...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back