2018/19 Cricket Season

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't believe there wasn't already a thread on this.

First Test starting today in Adelaide.

My only bet on the series so far is a small nibble on the $36 for Rohit Sharma as series leading runscorer.

Kohli should top the runscoring tally but you never know. Australia did trouble him even in Indian conditions not that long ago.

Khawaja is the favourite for the Aussies and for good reason, but how will he handle the pressure?

Browney2006

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Very tough series to bet on. Didnt see any value in any of the pre games markets so stayed away from the first test, anything could happen in this series.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
0.5u on Aus v India draw, (8.50 BetEasy)

Just think the pitch and the Indian batsmen will have calmed down a bit and they will want to bat deep and put up 350 to chase. Was expecting price to be 5-6, so will see if I can trade out for 2u later.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

andwhenitcomes

Team Captain
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Had Beth Mooney top bat for the Heat in the WBBL this arvo. Scored just 25* opening the batting chasing 104 and had Jonassen pinch it with 28 out of a 36-run partnership at the end. Bloody hell...

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
0.5u on Aus v India draw, (8.50 BetEasy)

Just think the pitch and the Indian batsmen will have calmed down a bit and they will want to bat deep and put up 350 to chase. Was expecting price to be 5-6, so will see if I can trade out for 2u later.

So much for calm batting. Before lunch I was eyeing up Australia at $13 thinking Lyon could go on a bit of a rampage with those footmarks developing. Now Australia is into $4.50 thanks to some big bash batting.

Browney2006

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Picking the unders for runs seems to be the go. Will go again tomorrow morning and that there will be a wicket before 23 more runs are put on the board @ 1.88

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Rito just looking for a bit of value:
Thoughts on.

Perth - Hi bat S. Marsh or Whiteman. Both 100-1. I know Marsh is in the test team though my thinking is that if he fails tomorrow for Australia he could well find himself out of the side. Whiteman I think had an injury to his thumb, not sure how thats going but sounds overs. Turner and Cartright at 7s and 8s looks ok also but they're not 100-1.

Bowling - Does anyone know if Joel Paris if back from one of his 30 injuries. If so 26-1 on Sportsbet looks appealing, 10s elsewhere.

Renegades - Same deal with Finch. 100-1 who could also be on the outer with a bad knock. He does have one day duties later in year which not real sure how many games will take but odds may be worth a 5er. Will wait til tomorrow if he fails I will get on. Darcy Shortt and Lynn will most likely have one day duties later in the season but they are short favourites for their respected sides so if u are in the camp of saying he will be playing for Australia there is value to be had elsewhere in these groups.

Hobart - Faulkner most poles at 7.50. Should get the death overs with Archer.

Stars - Trav Dean most runs 9s. Iffy, but with Big show and Stoinis to miss some late.

Heat - Most runs Max Bryant at 10s. Has quickest 50 of year for state and if Lynn has a few good digs it could be all over before he plays one dayers but Im gunna take the 10s. Peirson is 21s which pricked my ears, would need to open the bat for me to have a nibble tho. Haven't seen him in short format but can't Renshaw get em off square? 41s?

Strikers - Laughlin 4.50 poles. Just coz.

Thats just a few I don't mind at odds anyway. For all I know Whiteman and Paris are both still injured and Marsh and Finch will ton up tomorrow so be a no bet.

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't see Shaun Marsh getting dropped unless Warner/Smith come back which ain't happening. Was arguably our best bat in the first test.
Helps with Alfie langer at the reigns also. The prob is no one knockin down the door to take their spot

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Sportsbet agar most runs Perth 51s. Article in paper saying putting hand up to open stick, could be good cash out option. Whether it happens it not who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Meanwhile in New Zealand, Sri Lanka put on a 100-over 270-run partnership to overturn a 300-run deficit and look like forcing probably one of the most epic draws of the century.

bet365 offering double your winnings on H2H bets if your team scores 8+ 6s

Because I'm lazy does anyone have stats on how often sides hit 8+ 6s in a match last year?

Not as worth it as previous years, this year they're paying out in bet credits.

I've taken advantage of it the past two years and done quite well. On some matches I even bet on one team h2h and the other team to hit the most 6s and come out ahead on both.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
bet365 offering double your winnings on H2H bets if your team scores 8+ 6s

Because I'm lazy does anyone have stats on how often sides hit 8+ 6s in a match last year?
I try and target these games if you have two good batting lineups and poor bowling lineups.

Alternatively grounds which are more likely to reap 6's (Adelaide)? Heat should be good if Lynn, Cutting and McCullum get going.

Other promo's include:

Beteasy - double winnings on H2H bets if Lynn hits 3+ sixers
Bluebet - Team loses but a batsmen scores 50 money back as a bonus bet
Pointsbet - Auto payout if team gets 50 in first 5 overs
Lads - $10 for a 6 in the first over - no idea if this is value - maybe with McCullum or other big hitting openers

Plus of course 365.

Strange that Sportsbet has nothing going.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
1u Heat under 177.5 (1.88 BetEasy)

Brisbane still appear to be relying on their top order, and strikers seem to have a pretty strong bowling attack, especially siddle who was great last year.

Heat only hit more than this 2 times last season (albeit both times at home) and strikers only conceded more than this once.

Unfortunately dropped from 179.5 while researching but still confident.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
1u Heat under 177.5 (1.88 BetEasy)

Brisbane still appear to be relying on their top order, and strikers seem to have a pretty strong bowling attack, especially siddle who was great last year.

Heat only hit more than this 2 times last season (albeit both times at home) and strikers only conceded more than this once.

Unfortunately dropped from 179.5 while researching but still confident.

+0.88u

mdizzle

All Australian
Dec 31, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Could anyone tell me why India are $2.50 for the boxing day test.
This series reminds me of the one where England got flogged by Australia in Perth as usual and then went on to dominate the series.
India are the best test team in the world. $2.50. plzz

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Could anyone tell me why India are $2.50 for the boxing day test.
This series reminds me of the one where England got flogged by Australia in Perth as usual and then went on to dominate the series.
India are the best test team in the world. $2.50. plzz
Does seem a bit long. I suspect the market is driven by average joe punter who thinks that Australia will never lose a boxing day test (which they haven't for 8 years)

I'm curious to know if ashwin is back or not. He operates above the average for a spinner and likely to outperform vihari. If India are $2.50 with ashwin then I'll be considering the price.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Thunder v stars

1u Buttler over 28.5 points (1.96 Tabtouch & BetEasy)

With Buttler taking the gloves I think he's a decent chance. Also looks like he is opening. If he scores 20 with the bat I think its a good chance.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Thunder v stars

1u Buttler over 28.5 points (1.96 Tabtouch & BetEasy)

With Buttler taking the gloves I think he's a decent chance. Also looks like he is opening. If he scores 20 with the bat I think its a good chance.

(sorry I meant 38.5)

Well that was a soft dismissal... Why would you step away twice to a spinner??

Here's to 2 catches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back