List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with this. Recruiting Gibbons would be a win/win for us.

If he plays well enough to cement a spot in our best 22, we will be a better team for it. If he is unable to break into our 22, he will be the Northern Blues' best player &, along with other Carlton listed players, will make the NB so much more competitive. Recent history tells us you need a very competitive VFL team to be competitive at AFL level.

Having watched a bit of Gibbons in action, I am confident he will make the grade at AFL level despite having been overlooked by AFL recruiters over & over again.
having said that i hoped graham got offered a spot in the northen blues.

In addition to Kyle Reid and Sam Fletcher, here's some other TAC names:
Daly Andrews - HBF/mid
Joe Ayton-Delaney - HBF/mid
Daniel Hanna - KPD/ruck
Josh Kemp - small forward (very raw)
Stefan Radovanovic - inside/outside mid

If we're allowed to cast our eye nationally, I'd really like us to take a look at Keidean Coleman, who was part of the Lions academy, and went undrafted by them. The kid moved states and in with his aunt at the age of 10 with dreams of becoming a footballer, so presents as a unique opportunity.

He's a potential midfielder with pace, agility and elite skill who can play smartly behind the ball as well, so I'm wondering what sees him on the outer to be honest. Arr0w, LemmingMaster, TerryWallet and The Smoking Gun, your thoughts?

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-10-04/academy-prospect-set-to-shine
Mitch Podhajski?

So are these two blokes competing for one spot?

Imagine the hatred between them, there is one person in between you and your dream.

my dad went to school with him - think he may have been the player who pulled his jumper over his head to stop his number being taken

My Dad used to drink with and play pool with him at the West Brunswick Hotel back in the day. I got to meet him when my Dad and I would drop in for a lunchtime 'sneaky' pot on the way to Princes Park (Lemon squash for me of course).

Last edited:
So are these two blokes competing for one spot?

Imagine the hatred between them, there is one person in between you and your dream.

Two spots will be available. We had one spare post-draft, and another opens up with Doc going onto the LTI list.

Doesn't mean we'll fill both before the season starts though, we may hold one spot for the mid-season rookie draft.

I don't think they'll take them both in March.

Would be tough for Gibbons to take if he wasn't chosen.

Listening to Agresta I think Cottrell has his nose in front.

I don't think they'll take them both in March.

Would be tough for Gibbons to take if he wasn't chosen.

Listening to Agresta I think Cottrell has his nose in front.

There's plenty of time for another injury....

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In addition to Kyle Reid and Sam Fletcher, here's some other TAC names:
Daly Andrews - HBF/mid
Joe Ayton-Delaney - HBF/mid
Daniel Hanna - KPD/ruck
Josh Kemp - small forward (very raw)
Stefan Radovanovic - inside/outside mid

If we're allowed to cast our eye nationally, I'd really like us to take a look at Keidean Coleman, who was part of the Lions academy, and went undrafted by them. The kid moved states and in with his aunt at the age of 10 with dreams of becoming a footballer, so presents as a unique opportunity.

He's a potential midfielder with pace, agility and elite skill who can play smartly behind the ball as well, so I'm wondering what sees him on the outer to be honest. Arr0w, LemmingMaster, TerryWallet and The Smoking Gun, your thoughts?

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-10-04/academy-prospect-set-to-shine
The club has already chosen the 2 players.

The club has already chosen the 2 players.

The club has invited the 2 players to train with us. We haven't added them or anyone to our list.

Stands to reason we wouldn't invite any interstate blokes down a week before the Christmas break, so plenty of time for the club to cast their eyes over some other prospects.

Blakey and Fisher are going to be stiff to miss out. My optimism levels for next year have risen,I’ve moved on from the Doc pain.
Even the rookie spots have a good feel about them,much better than previous years,hopefully one of them comes from nowhere to be a regular 22.

Are they really, though...?

Should being on the NB's list give them more right to a rookie spot than a dual B&F winner?

I'm rooting for Gibbons, I feel for these short slow blokes that put in everything and dominate at every level but don't get picked for factors out of their control.
I hope he makes it but if I’m honest his kicking worries me,seems to lack penetration but to be fair I haven’t watched a heap of him.

Are they really, though...?

Should being on the NB's list give them more right to a rookie spot than a dual B&F winner?
If the other guys a better then it it was it is ,I just meant that they’ve been training all preseason and now they’ve got competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back