2018/19 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to have to think about my last pick. I've got two players I'm choosing between and want to look into them a bit more.
Hopefully I'll get some time during the day, otherwise it'll be later tonight.

There's nothing left to do for a while once this draft is over so I'm just holding up Hatchy who's probably not going to be onlinne anyway, right?

Hatchy1992 priority list didn't cover enough players so unless I hear otherwise before the 24 hr period, both remaining rookie picks will be passed and selections made in the pre season rookie draft instead.

Hatchy1992 priority list didn't cover enough players so unless I hear otherwise before the 24 hr period, both remaining rookie picks will be passed and selections made in the pre season rookie draft instead.
Sorry I thought I messaged you my last few picks. Doesn't look like I did.

Pick 14: Atu Bosenavulagi
Pick 15: Jacob Dawson

Sorry I thought I messaged you my last few picks. Doesn't look like I did.

Pick 14: Atu Bosenavulagi
Pick 15: Jacob Dawson

There are no picks after yours and it’s not long after 24 hours so I’ll let you have these picks considering you went to the trouble of notifying me and sending a priority list.

Yup, Cadaver your pick is skipped. Will be auto-picked if you still haven't selected a player by the time your next pick comes around. Pie 4 Life is up next who hasn't been online for a month, so we may have two skipped picks in a row.

Can I only pick from the guys without a price or are the other guys willing to take a pay cut to get a spot on a list?

Can I only pick from the guys without a price or are the other guys willing to take a pay cut to get a spot on a list?
You can't afford a $145k player so it has to be a minimum contract player. Basically someone from the below list

Connor Idun
Lachlan Sholl
Finbar O'Dwyer
Robert Young
Jake Tarca
Joel Crocker
Caleb Graham
Lachie Young
Kieran Strachan
Tuth Jok Jok
Tobin Cox
Durak Tucker
Damon Greaves
Kade Chandler
Jake Aarts
Tobe Watson
Will Golds
Thomas Wilkinson
James Madden
Matthew Owies
Stefan Okunbor
Guy Walker
Patrick Bines
Brodie Riach
Callum Brown (GWS)
Red Óg Murphy
Jason Carter
Blake Schlensog
Manguru Frederick
Samuel Wicks
Jack Madgen
Matt Cottrell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I've given ample time for all coaches to make their preseason picks, as such if I don't hear otherwise by 6PM tonight, the following autopicks will be taken:

Preseason Draft
Pick 1 - NT Thunder Cadaver - Connor Idun (GWS)
Pick 2 - Tasmania Pie 4 Life - Lachlan Sholl (Adel)
Pick 4 - Melbourne loopy_cam - Finbar O'Dwyer (Carl)
Pick 5 - NT Thunder - Robert Young (Stk)

Preseason Rookie Draft
Pick 1 - NT Thunder - None
Pick 2 - NT Thunder - None
Pick 3 - NT Thunder - None

I think during the last part of the draft all players should be minimum contract. Means we get more playing players on lists and also makes logical sense in the real world. A player would play for less to get a spot on a list I reckon.

I think during the last part of the draft all players should be minimum contract. Means we get more playing players on lists and also makes logical sense in the real world. A player would play for less to get a spot on a list I reckon.
They drop to $145k, which is the minimum contract. You couldn't afford this though so had to draft a first year player.

Why do first years get less than minimum?
The main reason is to provide an incentive to draft and untried player on a multi-year contract over a proven player. It helps also stimulate player turnover and movement as without it their would be no simple way to reduce salary in your team (i.e. re-signing an un-contracted player on your list to a minimum contract would cost the exact same as drafting a new draftee.)

Also it should be noted the 2nd year of draftees salary increases or decreases based on the number of games they play and the round they were drafted in.

AFLTM Preseason Competition Draft has commenced at 9PM. 24 hours between picks, if you miss your selection your pick will be skipped. Skipped pick can be made up anytime until draft concludes at which point you will receive no player. You can pick any player remaining for free, no salary on a 1 year contract. The player will be a part of your senior list.
Pick 1: Gold Coast
Pick 2: Geelong
Pick 3: St Kilda
Pick 4: Ballarat
Pick 5: Harbour City
Pick 6: Gippsland
Pick 7: Safety Bay
Pick 8: West Coast
Pick 9: Melbourne
Pick 10: Western Vultures
Pick 11: Adelaide
Pick 12: NT Thunder
Pick 13: West Adelaide
Pick 14: Wagga Wagga

Last edited:
Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

My point only came from the fact it would surely be ideal to have as many players who will get games in the AFL on an AFL TM list. If there was a last chance draft for AFL listed players to at least get them somewhere it could help some teams with depth problems. I understand that it could be difficult to implement though.

Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

My point only came from the fact it would surely be ideal to have as many players who will get games in the AFL on an AFL TM list. If there was a last chance draft for AFL listed players to at least get them somewhere it could help some teams with depth problems. I understand that it could be difficult to implement though.

Lol whoops, you are doing what I'm suggesting.

Big notice to coaches short on KPP depth, this is your big chance to add KPP depth via a free player. If there is a viable KPP player available in an area you are short on and you choose to take someone else, you may find it a little harder to get hardship exception for that type of player if the need arises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back