2018/19 English Football Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Madrid want Neymar, they'll just wait a season.
I don’t buy that.
No way Lopetegui takes the pressure cooker Madrid job, loses the guy that’s carried them and doesn’t bring anyone in. He’d be asking to get sacked by doing so.

Someone big is going to Madrid before August 9.

Who are you bringing in as a striker? I think that’s the key for you overhauling us to finish in the top four. Your other problem is being in the EL. Can’t state how much that can affect your league campaign

Higuian is being linked, im not sold on him but hes much better than Morata and hes got a good understanding of what Sarri wants. In saying that I'd be happy with Batshuayi/Giroud. Just not Alvaro.

I dont think we are a chance at the Premiership but our squad is big enough to battle for the 3 cups we are in and finish top 4.

Higuian is being linked, im not sold on him but hes much better than Morata and hes got a good understanding of what Sarri wants. In saying that I'd be happy with Batshuayi/Giroud. Just not Alvaro.

I dont think we are a chance at the Premiership but our squad is big enough to battle for the 3 cups we are in and finish top 4.
Think it will come down to spurs and Chelsea for 4th place, both clubs will fancy their chances. Perhaps United will get dragged in too. Happy to write off Arsenal’s chances at this stage

I don’t buy that.
No way Lopetegui takes the pressure cooker Madrid job, loses the guy that’s carried them and doesn’t bring anyone in. He’d be asking to get sacked by doing so.

Someone big is going to Madrid before August 9.

Mbappe and Neymar are the 2 they'd want to replace Ronnie, neither will be available this summer. Hazard just doesnt score enough goals for the monster money they'd have to pay and Perez isnt much of a fan.
Think it will come down to spurs and Chelsea for 4th place, both clubs will fancy their chances. Perhaps United will get dragged in too. Happy to write off Arsenal’s chances at this stage

Fair chance Mou implodes this season.

Mbappe and Neymar are the 2 they'd want to replace Ronnie, neither will be available this summer. Hazard just doesnt score enough goals for the monster money they'd have to pay and Perez isnt much of a fan.

Fair chance Mou implodes this season.
That doesn’t address the manager. He’s not quitting as Spain boss to take the toughest job without its best player and Perez who’s not forgiving without someone coming in.

That doesn’t address the manager. He’s not quitting as Spain boss to take the toughest job without its best player and Perez who’s not forgiving without someone coming in.

He got sacked, not quit. He didnt make it to the tournament.

With Asensio getting Ronnies 7 maybe they are replacing from within this season as theres no Galactico available.

He got sacked, not quit. He didnt make it to the tournament.

With Asensio getting Ronnies 7 maybe they are replacing from within this season as theres no Galactico available.
Semantics. He wouldn't have given up cushy international coaching gig for the hardest in the business.
Asensio needs game time and Vinicius comes in with a hefty price tag.

Still think they make a big signing at some point.

Semantics. He wouldn't have given up cushy international coaching gig for the hardest in the business.
Asensio needs game time and Vinicius comes in with a hefty price tag.

Still think they make a big signing at some point.

Not really semantics. He was crying at his Real Madrid press conference saying getting sacked was one of the worst days of his life.

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Man utd
7. Everton
8. West Ham
9. Wolves
10. Leicester
11. Brighton
12. Fulham
13. Bournemouth
14. Newcastle
15. Burnley
16. Palace
17. Watford
18. Cardiff
19. Southampton
20. Huddersfield

To Get Promoted: Stoke , Derby , WBA
FA Cup: Arsenal
League Cup: Chelsea
Top scorer: Kane
Best transfer: Keita
Worst signing: Richarlison
Champions League: Juventus
Europa League: Inter Milan
1st manager sacked: Mark Hughes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Spurs
4. LFC
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. Leicester
8. Everton
9. West Ham
10. Wolves
11. Brighton
12. Southampton
13. Watford
14. Newcastle
15. Fulham
16. Bournemouth
17. Palace
18. Cardiff
19. Burnley
20. Huddersfield

Promotion: Stoke, Villa, Borough
FA Cup: Liverpool
League Cup: Spurs
Best transfer: Jorginho
Worst transfer: Deulofeu
Champs League: PSG
Europa League: Arsenal
1st manager sacked: Woy (after a significant amount of head scratching)
So you took this year's top 9 and basically left it the same (only swapping the order of appearance of LCFC and EFC), but moved Burnley from 7th to 19th??? YUGE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Premier League:

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea

5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. West Ham
10. Burnley
11. Wolves
12. Watford
13. Fulham
14. Southampton
15. Newcastle
16. Crystal Palace
17. Brighton

18. Bournemouth
19. Cardiff City
20. Huddersfield

To Get Promoted: Stoke, PNE, WBA
FA Cup: Man City
League Cup: Tottenham
Top scorer: Harry Kane
Best transfer: Alisson
Worst signing: Fred
Europa League: Chelsea
1st manager sacked: Mark Hughes

Last edited:
Premier League:

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
5. Man Utd
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Fulham
9. West Ham
10. Wolves
11. Crystal Palace
12. Leicester City
13. Burnley
14. Bournemouth
15. Newcastle Utd
16. Southampton
17. Brighton
18. Watford
19. Huddersfield Town
20. Cardiff City

To Get Promoted: Stoke, Leeds Utd, Derby County
League Cup: Liverpool
Top scorer: Aubameyang
Best transfer: Jorginho
Worst signing: dunno
Champions League: Man City
1st manager sacked: Mourinho

Last edited:
Premier League:

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. West Ham
9. Wolves
10. Crystal Palace
11. Fulham
12. Leicester City
13. Burnley
14. Newcastle Utd
15. Bournemouth
16. Southampton
17. Brighton
18. Watford
19. Huddersfield Town
20. Cardiff City

To Get Promoted: Stoke, Leeds Utd, Derby County
League Cup: Liverpool
Top scorer: Aubameyang
Best transfer:
Worst signing:
Champions League: Man City
1st manager sacked: Warnock

*Subject to change dependent on any big transfer activity

Leeds?

Wow.

1. Man City
2. Tottenham
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Man Utd
7. West Ham
8. Newcastle
9. Wolves
10. Everton
11. Bournemouth
12. Palace
13. Fulham
14. Leicester
15. Burnley
16. Southampton
17. Huddersfield
18. Watford
19. Brighton
20. Cardiff

To Get Promoted: Stoke , Villa , WBA
FA Cup: Arsenal
League Cup: Chelsea
Best transfer:
Wilshere on a free, in terms of overall value. Otherwise Felipe Anderson.
Worst signing: Richarlison. I'll say he won't score more than 5 goals in the Premier League this season.
Europa League: Liverpool
1st manager sacked: Javi Gracia. Sparky Hughes is the popular choice and with good reason. I also wouldn't rule out Jose Mourinho here, can see a meltdown in the opening months of the season the way things are travelling for them currently...

Last edited:
Now the transfer window closes before the season, I will wait until then. With that new deadline, Faith will finally be able to truly exhibit his/her skill too. Given previous years s/he changed their picks a few weeks in on the basis of transfers.

So you took this year's top 9 and basically left it the same (only swapping the order of appearance of LCFC and EFC), but moved Burnley from 7th to 19th??? YUGE.

I think Burnley will struggle with Europa League due to their small squad. Can see them in a relegation battle.

Yep no doubt that Mou will implode. Already making excuses.

It all comes down to how he motivates his players. Mou is a good chance of competing for trophies this season but also a good chance of melting down / taking digs at the board and/or players. Really could go either way. Will be fascinating to watch either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back