2018/19 Lower & Non-League Thread: Now featuring Sunderland AFC

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #101
Lewes looking very good in our first season back in the Premier division of the Isthmian Football League.

Seems harsh there’s only one automatic promotion place...

267DCC17-0C99-455C-9C17-FCA6EF811BA2.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sheff Wed, Barnet, Norwood
Lewes looking very good in our first season back in the Premier division of the Isthmian Football League.

Seems harsh there’s only one automatic promotion place...

View attachment 609923
Some ripping names in the lower leagues though. Dorking Wanderers, Brightlingsea Regent and Folkestone Invicta. Love it

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF RCDLC LFC KSC LAL
The Cumbrians won again, this time 1-0 away at Port Vale. It’s our 8th victory in nine games and has in fourth just 2 pts behind Bury in 3rd.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Things not looking too dandy for Barnet at present. Lost 2-0 to Chesterfield this morning, but still have 4-5 games in hand over the teams below us. Going on form, things look pretty scary for us. Surely we couldn't hit double relegations :(

1551218105341.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Cumbrians won again, this time 1-0 away at Port Vale. It’s our 8th victory in nine games and has in fourth just 2 pts behind Bury in 3rd.

Bit of a dip from Carlisle as of late :( Hopefully you guys pull it together and get back in there. Forest Green holding on by a thread

1551218277345.png

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bit of a dip from Carlisle as of late :( Hopefully you guys pull it together and get back in there. Forest Green holding on by a thread

View attachment 626375
Yeah, we were doing really well until we had a weekend off, our game away to Crewe was postponed due to an icy pitch. It feels like since then the momentum that we built up over December/January has disappeared and we have gone back to playing the way we did earlier in the season when we were struggling for consistency. It just so happened to coincided with a tough run that included MK, Exeter and Colchester which are all teams we are battling with in the 3rd-8th bracket. It also hasn't helped that one of our dynamic duo (Strikers Hallam Hope and Jamie Devitt) is currently out suspended, but I believe Hallam is due back this weekend, so hopefully we will be back to our December best in time for the next run of games against Newport, Swindon and bottom of the table Notts County.
It's going to be an interesting last dozen games and thankfully a majority of our remaining games are against the lower teams so I think we are still in with a shot at promotion.

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hallam Hope returns from suspension, signs a new contract to say at Carlisle until 2020 and scores within 13 minutes. And normal services resume.:D
The Cumbrians defeated Swindon Town 2-1 to move back into the playoff positions.

Bottom placed Notts County are our next opponents.

Notts County are one of the original 12 League teams that formed English Football League back in 1888. If they are relegated, it will be sad to see the oldest professional football club (formed in 1862) in the world lose it's football league status for the first time in it's history. But from a Carlisle United supporters view point we need the victory and so I hope we add another nail to the coffin. From a football fans viewpoint I do hope they can overcome the current off field issues and return to the football league as soon as possible. It is always a little tragic when an important piece of history disappears.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hallam Hope returns from suspension, signs a new contract to say at Carlisle until 2020 and scores within 13 minutes. And normal services resume.:D
The Cumbrians defeated Swindon Town 2-1 to move back into the playoff positions.

Bottom placed Notts County are our next opponents.

Notts County are one of the original 12 League teams that formed English Football League back in 1888. If they are relegated, it will be sad to see the oldest professional football club (formed in 1862) in the world lose it's football league status for the first time in it's history. But from a Carlisle United supporters view point we need the victory and so I hope we add another nail to the coffin. From a football fans viewpoint I do hope they can overcome the current off field issues and return to the football league as soon as possible. It is always a little tragic when an important piece of history disappears.
Good old Hallam Hope. Was always that low budget striker I'd sign in Barnet career modes on FIFA and Football Manager, and he'd bang in 10+ a season for me. Good to see him doing well in real life :p

Notts was the one that signed and sacked Kewell weren't they? Sad state of affairs for sure. Will cause outrage with the traditionals if they are replaced in League 2 by Salford too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I officially support the dumbest football in the world. For the second time this season Carlisle has lost to the bottom team in the league, this time a 3-1 defeat at home to Notts County. JFC!!!!!

Quokka

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd become pretty convinced that AFC Wimbledon was about to be relegated for the first time since their restart but although your money is still safe if you have a bet riding on it at least they've given their fans some hope for the next few games. They won a couple in December but other than that its been a dire season, going 6-5-20 from the first 31 League One games. With the win against Southend United on Saturday night they've now gone 5-1-1 in the last 7 games and are finally back off the bottom of the table.

Has anyone used ifollow? I've mainly stuck to keeping up with the scores this season but thinking of giving it a try for this week's game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom