2018/19 Lower & Non-League Thread: Now featuring Sunderland AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

A good day for the Cumbrians with a 2-1 win at home against Port Vale lifting us from 15th to 6th. I don’t have high hopes for the season with all the departures and stuff going on around the club, but 2-1-1 has been a nice start.

Three wins in a row for Cumbrians see us jump up to 4th. A nice start to the season for Carlisle, Sheridan appears to have built a bit of team spirit early.

Barnet just holding in there sitting in a sneaky 12th. Entertaining league you have to say. Love checking the fixtures and seeing us playing against clubs like Havant & Waterlooville.

upload_2018-9-24_12-13-50.png

Would be cool if Leyton Orient made it back to the Football League...have they still got that same owner that caused the initial shitstorm?

Would be cool if Leyton Orient made it back to the Football League...have they still got that same owner that caused the initial shitstorm?

kdavva74 you're an Orient fan aren't ya? May be able to answer this

kdavva74 you're an Orient fan aren't ya? May be able to answer this

Yeah he sold after they dropped out of the Football League I'm pretty sure, they have a guy named Nigel Travis who's a businessman but an Orient fan as the owner now.

I chucked $10 on them to win the title pre-season at $13, looking alright now.

In feel it's going to be a very frustrating season being a Carlisle supporter. After consecutive 1-0 losses at home (the last against lowly Grimsby on Wednesday morning), we have a 3-1 victory away at Oldham, who were sitting in a playoff position before the game.
A quarter of the season is gone and we are sitting in 10th with 6-1-5 record, 1pt from a playoff spot and 5pts from automatic promotion spots.
4 wins from 6 away games is a very good sign, but we have lost our last three at home and haven't scored in any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle lost 2-0 at home to lowly Morecombe. I have no idea what’s going on at Brunton Park, but it could cost us promotion if not resolved ASAFP.
Carlisle have now lost four consecutive games at home, and haven’t scored in any of them, yet are on a three game winning streak away.

Last edited:
It's taken me 6 days to get over the shock and post

CARLISLE SCORED A GOAL! AT HOME!

Not only that but we won the game.:):):)

It was just under 500 minutes between goals at Brunton Park.

Our last goal at home was on August 25 :mad: against Crewe.

Two months without a goal at home. Unbelievable.

It's taken me 6 days to get over the shock and post

CARLISLE SCORED A GOAL! AT HOME!

Not only that but we won the game.:):):)

It was just under 500 minutes between goals at Brunton Park.

Our last goal at home was on August 25 :mad: against Crewe.

Two months without a goal at home. Unbelievable.

That's crazy! How are you guys still mid-table? haha

That's crazy! How are you guys still mid-table? haha

For some reason we are performing better away from home, we have won 3 and drawn 1 (against leaders Lincoln City) of our last 5 away games.
It sort of goes against our history in the football league, we generally perform really well at home are terribly away.

For some reason we are performing better away from home, we have won 3 and drawn 1 (against leaders Lincoln City) of our last 5 away games.
It sort of goes against our history in the football league, we generally perform really well at home are terribly away.

Ahh well at least you're on top of whats supposed to be the hard part (playing away). If Sheridan can lift your home form, could hopefully be a good year for you. Only 5 points from playoff spot at the moment!

Ahh well at least you're on top of whats supposed to be the hard part (playing away). If Sheridan can lift your home form, could hopefully be a good year for you. Only 5 points from playoff spot at the moment!
I'm hopeful that our second half of the season will better. I predicted we would finish around 16/17 this season because we lost a lot of players and with a new manager and reduced budget I thought we would struggle, but Sheridan had us playing some really good football early in the season, but then we got hit with a spate of injuries all at once, and because we have a small squad we struggled due to a lack of depth.
Our Captain played his first game on the weekend and scored the winning goal, our #1 striker returned a week ago and scored twice, and we have another 3 or 4 to return in the coming weeks. Hopefully the weekends win will be a good platform to make a run at the playoffs.

Just checked fc United’s women’s team
Amazed at how imbalanced the league gets in games played

Some teams have played 10 games but fc United just the 4

9 points behind 1st with 5 games in hand
But 2nd is probably the favourite. They’re 6-0-0 while fc is 3-0-1 (with a 4-1 loss to Stockport (who’s 2nd))

Another away win for the Cumbrians, this time 4-0 at Swindon. Their new Manager hasn't made the best start to his tenure.

Carlisle is still 11th, but we are now only 4pts outside the playoffs and 6pts from the automatic playoff spots.

The Cumbrians are playing well in Purple (or Grape as it's referred) perhaps we should keep it as our normal away colour.:)

Big game this weekend for the Cumbrians, we are at home to Forest Green, 11th vs 10th, a team we have never lost too in the league, in fact we haven't conceded a goal to them yet.;)
Lets hope it continues.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back