2018/19 Lower & Non-League Thread: Now featuring Sunderland AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Things not looking too dandy for Barnet at present. Lost 2-0 to Chesterfield this morning, but still have 4-5 games in hand over the teams below us. Going on form, things look pretty scary for us. Surely we couldn't hit double relegations :(

1551218105341.png

The Cumbrians won again, this time 1-0 away at Port Vale. It’s our 8th victory in nine games and has in fourth just 2 pts behind Bury in 3rd.

Bit of a dip from Carlisle as of late :( Hopefully you guys pull it together and get back in there. Forest Green holding on by a thread

1551218277345.png

Bit of a dip from Carlisle as of late :( Hopefully you guys pull it together and get back in there. Forest Green holding on by a thread

View attachment 626375
Yeah, we were doing really well until we had a weekend off, our game away to Crewe was postponed due to an icy pitch. It feels like since then the momentum that we built up over December/January has disappeared and we have gone back to playing the way we did earlier in the season when we were struggling for consistency. It just so happened to coincided with a tough run that included MK, Exeter and Colchester which are all teams we are battling with in the 3rd-8th bracket. It also hasn't helped that one of our dynamic duo (Strikers Hallam Hope and Jamie Devitt) is currently out suspended, but I believe Hallam is due back this weekend, so hopefully we will be back to our December best in time for the next run of games against Newport, Swindon and bottom of the table Notts County.
It's going to be an interesting last dozen games and thankfully a majority of our remaining games are against the lower teams so I think we are still in with a shot at promotion.

Hallam Hope returns from suspension, signs a new contract to say at Carlisle until 2020 and scores within 13 minutes. And normal services resume.:D
The Cumbrians defeated Swindon Town 2-1 to move back into the playoff positions.

Bottom placed Notts County are our next opponents.

Notts County are one of the original 12 League teams that formed English Football League back in 1888. If they are relegated, it will be sad to see the oldest professional football club (formed in 1862) in the world lose it's football league status for the first time in it's history. But from a Carlisle United supporters view point we need the victory and so I hope we add another nail to the coffin. From a football fans viewpoint I do hope they can overcome the current off field issues and return to the football league as soon as possible. It is always a little tragic when an important piece of history disappears.

Hallam Hope returns from suspension, signs a new contract to say at Carlisle until 2020 and scores within 13 minutes. And normal services resume.:D
The Cumbrians defeated Swindon Town 2-1 to move back into the playoff positions.

Bottom placed Notts County are our next opponents.

Notts County are one of the original 12 League teams that formed English Football League back in 1888. If they are relegated, it will be sad to see the oldest professional football club (formed in 1862) in the world lose it's football league status for the first time in it's history. But from a Carlisle United supporters view point we need the victory and so I hope we add another nail to the coffin. From a football fans viewpoint I do hope they can overcome the current off field issues and return to the football league as soon as possible. It is always a little tragic when an important piece of history disappears.

Good old Hallam Hope. Was always that low budget striker I'd sign in Barnet career modes on FIFA and Football Manager, and he'd bang in 10+ a season for me. Good to see him doing well in real life :p

Notts was the one that signed and sacked Kewell weren't they? Sad state of affairs for sure. Will cause outrage with the traditionals if they are replaced in League 2 by Salford too

I officially support the dumbest football in the world. For the second time this season Carlisle has lost to the bottom team in the league, this time a 3-1 defeat at home to Notts County. JFC!!!!!

I'd become pretty convinced that AFC Wimbledon was about to be relegated for the first time since their restart but although your money is still safe if you have a bet riding on it at least they've given their fans some hope for the next few games. They won a couple in December but other than that its been a dire season, going 6-5-20 from the first 31 League One games. With the win against Southend United on Saturday night they've now gone 5-1-1 in the last 7 games and are finally back off the bottom of the table.

Has anyone used ifollow? I've mainly stuck to keeping up with the scores this season but thinking of giving it a try for this week's game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd become pretty convinced that AFC Wimbledon was about to be relegated for the first time since their restart but although your money is still safe if you have a bet riding on it at least they've given their fans some hope for the next few games. They won a couple in December but other than that its been a dire season, going 6-5-20 from the first 31 League One games. With the win against Southend United on Saturday night they've now gone 5-1-1 in the last 7 games and are finally back off the bottom of the table.

Has anyone used ifollow? I've mainly stuck to keeping up with the scores this season but thinking of giving it a try for this week's game.
It's crazy. I was introduced to them about a year ago through a podcast and started actually following them in about January. The passion the supporters have for this club is incredible. I think they'll end up just avoiding relegation but it'll be very very tight. Wimbledon have a good squad and they can click. They just have to keep up this form.

Compared to Walsall and Southend untied we've got much better for. It'll be a thrilling final few games!

It would be a little disappointing to see Wimbledon relegated back to League Two and the MK Dons promoted up to League One. The world seemed a little fairer with MK Dons in the league below.:)

It's crazy. I was introduced to them about a year ago through a podcast and started actually following them in about January. The passion the supporters have for this club is incredible. I think they'll end up just avoiding relegation but it'll be very very tight. Wimbledon have a good squad and they can click. They just have to keep up this form.

Compared to Walsall and Southend untied we've got much better for. It'll be a thrilling final few games!

A loss to Gillingham and then a win against Scampaignerhorpe... haha bigfooty autocorrect... leaves them right on the border with 6 to play and so like you said hopefully a fun couple of weeks, Wimbledon have a decent run home (currently play, 18th, 12th, 16th, 1st, 17th and 24th) and with a bit of luck Bradford won't have anything to play for by the final round.

Losing Lyle Taylor seemed to really hurt, but congrats to him on continuing his form with Charlton, could well be playing in the Championship next year.

I still haven't tried the ifollow (missed it last week to watch the F1 qualifying) so still hoping to give it a try Saturday for the game against Accrington Stanley.

It would be a little disappointing to see Wimbledon relegated back to League Two and the MK Dons promoted up to League One. The world seemed a little fairer with MK Dons in the league below.:)

Absolutely, though I'll settle for them going to head to head again in League One.

Overall I was pretty impressed with ifollow, at $9 a game you can't fault the value and although I wont watch every game with it it is nice to know I can catch a couple as the season winds up. With a bit of luck Wimbledon will make the championship one day which will make it a lot easier to watch games. I was a bit worried when I first logged in as the quality seemed very poor but it was just the auto setting and once I switched to 720p it played fine, basically perfect in the first half and watchable, with some lag, in the second (laptop-hdmi-TV). My internet isn't the greatest and I've watched AFL games with worse quality/reliability this season alone.

As for the game itself (1-1 Draw), it was very much league one quality overall. Wimbledon couldn't score and Accrington Stanley didn't look like they wanted to, with Pigott and Sibbick the pick of it for Wimbledon imo. Its a big 2 points to drop although it could be worse, live it looked like every other result was against the Wombles but by full time its all as you were, on the knife's edge for another week.

Last edited:
Big win by the Cumbrians this morning against fellow playoff hopefuls Bury. Carlisle were down to 10 men and trailing 2-1 at halftime, but managed to pull out a 3-2 victory thanks to an 89th minute goal by Hallum Hope which keeps us just a point outside the playoff positions.
Hopefully this victory will be the fillip needed for a playoff push in the last five games.

Carlisle season is all but over after a 3-0 defeat at Stevenage.:(

Only 4 points from a playoff spot though. Still hope when there is still 12 points to play for. Lincoln would already be in party mode so you'd be a sneaky chance there, Grimsby Crawley Yeovil are all done for the year so should be easy wins (unless Yeovil are fighting for survival on the last day). Hope you guys can squeeze in.

Before kick off there was a minutes silence at Brunton Park to remember Ivor Broadis who passed away last weekend, he is generally regarded as Carlisle’s greatest player.

Carlisle defeat leaders Lincoln City 1-0. Now only a point from the playoff spots.

Last edited:
I watched Wimbledon's draw against Bristol on Friday but missed their match against Luton last night as I was out bush for a few days. Wasn't expecting much against the League One leaders but a 2-2 draw with Wimbledon scoring the equaliser in extra time, sounds like a decent game.

Two big Saturdays now, Wycombe with a heap to play for and then Bradford who are already gone. Still looking like being settled on the last day of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back