2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

assessment:

That was a lucky win but sometimes its good to win like that!

Is Thomas the best keeper in the league or what? we are gonna have a tough time hanging on to him I'm expecting offers to be coming in! Broxy just being Broxy turns out he can play in goals too lol
Love Toivonen's goals particular the run and first time shot of the first goal but Troisi also needs credit too for two very good and intelligent assists.
Still amazes me that we signed Toivonen under the cap! probably the smartest bit of reciting the club has done!
I don't think Hope proved to us that he deserves to start next match sure he does some good things but ultimately he gets pushed of the ball to easily and doesn't track back quick enough should just stick to him being a squady its all he'll be good for at this stage.

looking forward to the Adelaide match, will be a big test without Honda for this squad, hopefully we play a hell of a lot better than tonight through.

Can we put Ola as a marquee next year if Honda leaves? Think we may have to, to keep him as no doubt offers will come in at this rate.

Disappointed with Hope, really thought the kid was going to kill it when he got his chance. The last two weeks he has been really bad. Looks lazy, slow and lacking composure. Nothing of the player I'd seen glimpses of previously.

Leigh Broxham is amazing, how many people have written him off over the years. Remember when Archie finished up people were talking about Brox going. Has been the best clubman Victory have had and may ever have. Hope he gets an ambassadorial role like Archie had when he finishes up.

Thomas insane again, he gets a bit carried away at times but that last save he deflected onto the post. I don't know how any human could react that quick.

You'd think Ola's value would be higher coming out of the world cup than it is now. I think he had a chance to go elsewhere but chose to come here. Favorable schedule and weather probably being the two biggest reasons.

You'd think Ola's value would be higher coming out of the world cup than it is now. I think he had a chance to go elsewhere but chose to come here. Favorable schedule and weather probably being the two biggest reasons.

It was us or Swansea. Think I also read when we signed him it was for two years? I wouldn’t mind if we made him marquee if Honda leaves after just one season though. Scorers like Toivonen aren’t easy to find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Niedermeier our for 2-3 weeks again. How does anyone get a calf injury in like 5 minutes of play?

I wonder if it’s worth looking for a cheap backup CB for the rest of the season? If anything happens to Deng we’ll be screwed.

The guy is made of glass if you look at his past history, was always a risk bringing him here. A short term injury replacement would be a good idea but we have to many games cramped in. So that may not be the best option atm either.

looks like we are just got to get-used to seeing Broxy at CB.

At this rate of injuries we're going to have to up Broxies wage and sign him on for 3 more years

I feel for anyone that gets dropped after only a couple of games, but there's only really 10 spots up for grabs and you can't afford to carry people here unlike footy to an extent. He's had a fair 2 full games almost now, he knows what he has to do to play at the level for 90 minutes. Now let's hope he goes back and works on what he needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back