2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the season is just meandering along

While it sucks for us as fans, the FFA reap what they sew.

I said all along that seasons worth of crackdowns to supposedly attract the fans you want would come at the expense of the fans you already have, and it's proven to be the case. Most A-League games feel like a funeral when you're watching on tv - which continues to exacerbate itself. If it doesn't look like a fun experience, people stop going, and the problem continues to perpetuate.

I downgraded my membership this season to the 5-game, and I only went to 3 matches. As it stands, I can't see myself joining next season. I've gone from watching 3-4 games a week to only watching Victory, and even that feels like a chore a lot of the time. It's even worse when I'm dealing with public transport, walking to/from Jolimont, getting in and out of the station, pretty much being asked to prove that I'm not carrying flares in my dick before they let me in the ground to avoid drinking shitty mid-strength beer and a week's worth of rent on some cold, salty chips. Who needs any of this?

Anyway, that's all very off-topic while we're still "enjoying" a game :rolleyes:

HAL would be wise to cut the season down from playing everyone three times to twice. Last third of the season with no relegation playoffs is just a funeral precession. It's a summer code for many Australians who are straight back onto Aussie Rules or League once those seasons roll around.

I would think that would be the case once we get the League to 14 teams! Which hopefully with the independant league they will immediately start that process. 26 rounds every team plays each other twice.

While it sucks for us as fans, the FFA reap what they sew.

I said all along that seasons worth of crackdowns to supposedly attract the fans you want would come at the expense of the fans you already have, and it's proven to be the case. Most A-League games feel like a funeral when you're watching on tv - which continues to exacerbate itself. If it doesn't look like a fun experience, people stop going, and the problem continues to perpetuate.

I downgraded my membership this season to the 5-game, and I only went to 3 matches. As it stands, I can't see myself joining next season. I've gone from watching 3-4 games a week to only watching Victory, and even that feels like a chore a lot of the time. It's even worse when I'm dealing with public transport, walking to/from Jolimont, getting in and out of the station, pretty much being asked to prove that I'm not carrying flares in my dick before they let me in the ground to avoid drinking shitty mid-strength beer and a week's worth of rent on some cold, salty chips. Who needs any of this?

Anyway, that's all very off-topic while we're still "enjoying" a game :rolleyes:

great post.

i havent been this season

I haven't been at all either despite premium B membership. Haven't been to a game of footy either even with a premium undercover membership. I think I've been to three HAL games and 1 AFL game since the start of the 17/18 HAL season. Can't stand public transport, getting home late or the people. Happy to support the clubs with my coin though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was 100% going if we played City, now I'm borderline. It's always a bit of a mad dash for me to get into the city for kickoff on a Friday night so I dunno.
Feel the same apathy that others have mentioned about this year. Not sure why as I do enjoy being at the game but now my close mate doesn't attend any more it sometimes feels too hard.

What did he say? Do you have a link to his press conference?

It was when Fox interviewed him post game on the pitch. He said if we play like that again we won't be winning another game and if I remember correctly he said something about he was going to ask the boys what they wanted to get from these finals.

Did anyone happen to hear Brox give Georg a spray in the last minutes of the game on the weekend? Was hard to pick up but was a few expletives in it. Whistle went and Georg started mumbling and stamping off. Was pretty funny.

Did anyone happen to hear Brox give Georg a spray in the last minutes of the game on the weekend? Was hard to pick up but was a few expletives in it. Whistle went and Georg started mumbling and stamping off. Was pretty funny.

Yeah it was pretty hard not to notice, you have to wander how much of that stuff goes on during every match happens pretty regularly at local level. It was essy to pick up on Saturday night because that stadium was like a morgue. I did have a chuckle too.

No Valeri seems friggen crazy to me. The way our organisation and our transitions have suffered when he hasn't played has been glaring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back