2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't have a huge problem with the penalty - and if it's a penalty, it had to be a yellow.

Even still, this is starting to become an outrageous ******* over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 3 takeaways from the first half.

1) Corey Brown's hair is really starting to trouble me. Either take the pills, get the hair plugs, or get rid of it all. It rejuvinated Jimmy Tro's career!

2) He came as a high profile recruit, he's the club captain, you almost never hear his name called when he's playing - and yet Valeri is, to me, easily the most underrated player in the competition. We miss his passing and his marshalling of the defence-to-attack transitions so badly when he's not playing.

3) I get really uncomfortably with anyone suggesting a referee is being paid, because it's hysterical and it's ridiculous. And surely you've all watched more than enough A-League by now to know that our referees don't have to be corrupt to be incompetent. Incompetence is their natural state.

If that's the contact required or even the intent to just look for a foul....we will see alot more pens given

I’m not disputing the contact but Niedermeier was chasing and McClaren slowed down. Had he not gone over the ball would have crossed the line. Niedermeier couldn’t do anything and I don’t get why that’s a yellow when for other pens it doesn’t. The way the rest of this game is being officiated I’m going to put my tin foil hat on and suggest the fact that he was already on a yellow was the only reason he got a second. Two cards for his first two fouls when as Hill pointed out there are City players on two or three. Honda’s card is a prime example of a clear and obvious bias.

I have 3 takeaways from the first half.

1) Corey Brown's hair is really starting to trouble me. Either take the pills, get the hair plugs, or get rid of it all. It rejuvinated Jimmy Tro's career!

2) He came as a high profile recruit, he's the club captain, you almost never hear his name called when he's playing - and yet Valeri is, to me, easily the most underrated player in the competition. We miss his passing and his marshalling of the defence-to-attack transitions so badly when he's not playing.

3) I get really uncomfortably with anyone suggesting a referee is being paid, because it's hysterical and it's ridiculous. And surely you've all watched more than enough A-League by now to know that our referees don't have to be corrupt to be incompetent. Incompetence is their natural state.
1. My eyes are irresistibly drawn to that bald patch every time he takes a throw in. Very disturbing.
3. Lighten up. No one really believes that the refs are on the take. We are having a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back