2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Honda should have been red carded........

Probably. Second one was a card. First one was soft. So you OK with legitimate goals being rubbed out because it makes up for another shitty decision? Marrone said himself post match that he felt contact from behind which the replay shows was Mileusnic.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Probably. Second one was a card. First one was soft. So you OK with legitimate goals being rubbed out because it makes up for another shitty decision? Marrone said himself post match that he felt contact from behind which the replay shows was Mileusnic.
Clear goal, but delivered by a man who shouldn't have been on the pitch.

This is what happens in the HAL. It's garbage that nothing has been done to improve the referee standard.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
HAL refs have always been happy to hand out first yellows like candy but reluctant to give second yellows even for obvious things that deserve it for the 8 years I have been following it. Final score better reflects the game as we couldn't get anything going and Donachie's goal* was our only shot on target. I don't agree that disallowing it is excusable because of tit for tat. Completely agree on the standard of refereeing though. I reckon ACL referees from sheep herder villages do a better job.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
HAL refs have always been happy to hand out first yellows like candy but reluctant to give second yellows even for obvious things that deserve it for the 8 years I have been following it. Final score better reflects the game as we couldn't get anything going and Donachie's goal* was our only shot on target. I don't agree that disallowing it is excusable because of tit for tat though.
Probably not no I'd agree on that.

Pretty ordinary, cagey sort of game. It's probably the only way we could win it, but it wasn't pretty.

Could set up a Melbourne derby final.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably not no I'd agree on that.

Pretty ordinary, cagey sort of game. It's probably the only way we could win it, but it wasn't pretty.

Could set up a Melbourne derby final.

We've been wrecked by every team that exploits our diamond and I expect more teams to go for it in the finals. Honda hasn't been the same since he came back from his serious hammy, but he's a large reason why we're playing the formation so it will be small blessing when he leaves at the end of the season that we can go back to something we're more used to and can better defend with.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Shouldnt have been a yellow it was a two footed tackle with studs showing. It was a very orange card.

Two footed my ass! Isaias overreacted like he always does even through he was hardly touched, than as soon as the yellow come out he was straight up!
What a flog! and his constant abuse to the refs is really irritating. Why he isn't given a yellow card for it every week is beyond me considering the league wanted to cut out all the ref abusing.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Two footed my ass! Isaias overreacted like he always does even through he was hardly touched, than as soon as the yellow come out he was straight up!
What a flog! and his constant abuse to the refs is really irritating. Why he isn't given a yellow card for it every week is beyond me considering the league wanted to cut out all the ref abusing.
If he made any significant contact it wouldve been a red.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Call me fairweather but if the game was at Etihad I'd be contemplating watching the game at the pub. At AAMI it's a no brainer. Hopefully the atmosphere is as good as when we beat Sydney in the GF there a few years back (best football atmosphere I've been to).

When do the dates get announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back