State Qld Bulls Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

idel one

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2008
Brisbane
Starting a thread, mainly to put the squad up that was finally announced this morning:

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/6/10/hauritz-dropped-from-bulls-list

No Horry, so Cam Boyce looks like No.1 spinner. Pretty stable squad, and like that they have got some young guns on the books. Saw bits of James Bazley last season while spending some time up the Coast and reckon he could be a beaut. Also good that Peirson and Steketee are on full contracts after catching the eye last season.

Renshaw is a nice get - only 18 but qualifies for England ala Sam Robson,Sam Hain etc. Mate who played at his club (Toombul) really rates him as a prospect.

2014-15 XXXX GOLD Queensland Bulls Squad

Cameron BOYCE
Nick BUCHANAN
Joe BURNS
Ben CUTTING
Luke FELDMAN
Jason FLOROS
Peter FORREST
Cameron GANNON
Ryan HARRIS (Cricket Australia)
Chris HARTLEY
James HOPES
Usman KHAWAJA
Chris LYNN
Alister McDERMOTT
Michael NESER
James PEIRSON
Nathan REARDON
Mark STEKETEE
Nick STEVENS

Rookies
James BAZLEY
Ben McDERMOTT
Ronan McDONALD
Matthew RENSHAW
Billy STANLAKE
Jack WILDERMUTH

Whilst I concur Hauritz wasn't deserving of a contract, he can feel slighted that Nick Buchanan has retained a contract.

Agree eth-dog - Boycey is looking good. As others around him in the group grow in confidence in him, he will flourish. And Simon Milenko - like what he does. A good advertisement for someone who spent a fair bit of time in grade cricket and was picked after consistently good performances.

The Queensland Cricket Board met on Thursday night to review a disappointing season for the Heat in the KFC T20 Big Bash League where they finished last with just two wins from their eight BBL|04 games.

your team sucks and wasnt actually that good when it bradbury'd it's way to a couple of titles. review over

Just saw a tweet from QC saying their Futures League side beat Victoria today to claim their second title in a row in the 2nd XI. Some handy talent on the way it seems, especially with nine debutants in the Bulls team so far this season. I've cobbled together some scores for those interested - Vic 128 (Dean 43, Gannon 4 wkts, Cutting 3 wkts) & 424 (Dean 116, Brown 93; Gannon 7-105) lost to Qld 7-520 dec (Renshaw 175, Heazlett 82, Floros 77, Labuschagne 72) & 0-33. Good platform to build on for the next season or two by the looks of it - Renshaw & Heazlett are only 19 & 20, Labuschagne around the same. They have had a pretty good conversation rate of late with their Aussie U-19 players too I recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

old thread but didn't think I should start another one just to post a few bits and pieces I got over the weekend:

Winners from Queensland Cricket Awards Dinner on Friday night:

2015-16 Queensland Cricket Awards

Ian Healy Trophy Bulls Player of the Year: Chris Hartley

Konica Minolta Queensland Fire Player of the Year: Beth Mooney

Brisbane Heat MVP: Chris Lynn

WBBL Brisbane Heat MVP: Beth Mooney

Bulls Players’ Player: James Hopes

Fire Players’ Player: Kirby Short

Sheffield Shield Player of the Year: Matthew Renshaw

Matador Cup Player of the Year: Nathan Reardon

Queensland Academy of Sport Player of the Year: James Peirson

State Government Queensland Country Player of the Year: Kaden Dickfos

Queensland Thunder Indoor Player of the Year: Adam McDermott

Queensland Lightning Indoor Player of the Year: Jude Coleman

Queensland Youth Player of the Year: Bryce Street

Konica Minolta Queensland Fire Youth Player of the Year: Georgia Prestwidge

Lord's Taverner's National Indigenous Player: Brendan Doggett (Wests)

Lady from our club went along as part of the volunteer tables they have there, said young Bryce Street (LHB, played some Futures League) spoke very well, and that James Hopes & Ryan Harris were very gracious at their retirement tributes.

Hopes will be hard to replace - maybe not immediately in the playing sense (although they need to find someone to take 30 wickets plus a season), but certainly as a senior presence in a young side.

Also head that Bill Stanlake will be back bowling in a few months as he recovers from a back stress reaction that he reported while playing BBL with the Strikers.

Some talks about contracts too - suggestion Cam Boyce could be on the move.

Edited the title and posted the squad that was released earlier this arvo:

Lots of handy young blokes; good to see Marnus Labuschagne getting a full contract too.

2016-17 my FootDR Queensland Bulls Squad

Senior contracts

James Bazley (Sunshine Coast), Joe Burns (Norths, CA Contract), Ben Cutting (South Brisbane), Luke Feldman (Valley), Jason Floros (Wynnum-Manly), Peter Forrest (University of Qld), Cameron Gannon (Norths), Peter George (Wynnum-Manly), Chris Hartley (University of Qld, wk), Sam Heazlett (Redlands), Charlie Hemphrey (Toombul), Usman Khawaja (Valley, CA Contract), Marnus Labuschagne (Redlands), Chris Lynn (Toombul), Michael Neser (Gold Coast), James Pierson (Redlands, wk), Nathan Reardon (University of Qld), Matthew Renshaw (Toombul), Billy Stanlake (Gold Coast), Mark Steketee (Valley), Mitchell Swepson (Sandgate-Redcliffe), Jack Wildermuth (Valley).

Rookie Contracts
Xavier Bartlett (Gold Coast)
Max Bryant (Gold Coast)
Brendan Doggett (Wests)
Jack Prestwidge (Norths)
Matthew Kuhnemann (Gold Coast)
Bryce Street (Sandgate-Redcliffe).

- See more at: http://www.qldcricket.com.au/blog/2016/04/21/bulls-back-youth-in-2016-17/#sthash.OjLZCp7J.dpuf

This is the most appropriate thread I could find. What ever happened to Alistair McDermott?

Currently in the Thunder squad for the second season running; playing premier cricket with Wynnum-Manly. Not been involved with the Bulls for about two seasons now - he fell out of favour for a bit and by the time he was back bowling well, he had dropped off the selectors' radar. Hasn't even played 2nd XI as far as I know.

Too good Torz!

I went to put the Bulls JLT Cup squad in here and then saw you'd already created a thread :)

2017-18 JLT One Day Cup - my FootDr Queensland Bulls squad

Usman Khawaja (c), Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Brendan Doggett, Jason Floros, Cameron Gannon, Sam Heazlett, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, James Peirson, Matthew Renshaw, Billy Stanlake, Mitchell Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

Good looking squad - appears as if Steketee and Feldman have been squeezed out for Stanlake and Doggett.

I will go searching for the 2017-18 Bulls contracted list too, just in case anyone needs to reference it in the future. Cheers!

2017-18 my FootDr Queensland Bulls Squad:

2017-18 myFootDr Queensland Bulls Squad
Usman KHAWAJA (CA, Valley) (capt)
Billy STANLAKE (CA, South Brisbane)
Matt RENSHAW (CA, Toombul)

State Contracts
James BAZLEY (Redlands)
Joe BURNS (Norths)
Ben CUTTING (South Brisbane)
Brendan DOGGETT (Wests) (NEW)
Luke FELDMAN (Valley)
Peter FORREST (University of Qld)