Preview 2018 1st Qualifying Final: Richmond v Hawthorn, 6 September 2018, 7.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all of that. We are playing to our strength rather than matching up on Richmond’s strengths.

May not work, but I like the approach.

I agree with both of what you are saying which is why i wanted two rucks but we are 1 player to tall, ceglar for schoe or nash to a lesser extent would be perfect not miles.
The tigers will walk the ball out with all those talls to much left on the small players to tackle roughy, schoe, mcevoy will struggle to chase and land 2 tackles each in the 50.
Howe will definatly come in i think, rumour is boxhill expecting nash.

I think so. Who would have thought Nash and Worpel would be included.

With pick 74 in the 2016 national draft Hawthorn select Harry Morrison from the Murray Bushrangers.

Who would’ve thought this early in his career he would already be playing in a final.

Keep in mind, Nash is just about the fastest player in the side. His forward 50 tackles have been more than handy, too. Think about that when you asses whether we are 'too tall'. Mirra, Brand, and Miles going out isn't exactly going to reduce our ability to create pressure in our forward line.

We need multiple targets at each stage of our forwards ball movement in order to keep things moving quickly. Bringing in Ceglar helps with that (whether he is the target or McEvoy is). Sicily will also help with that whether he is the target or the guy delivering the ball.

It's the strongest side we've named all year, IMO. Trust Clarko and the match committee. They have a plan, they have the players they want - we will have a red hot crack at this.

I agree with both of what you are saying which is why i wanted two rucks but we are 1 player to tall, ceglar for schoe or nash to a lesser extent would be perfect not miles.
The tigers will walk the ball out with all those talls to much left on the small players to tackle roughy, schoe, mcevoy will struggle to chase and land 2 tackles each in the 50.
Howe will definatly come in i think, rumour is boxhill expecting nash.
Still reckon Howe should have been in for Shoes, as Nash is going really well, as well as a tough competitor with some marking ability.

Probably too tall as others have eluded to. We cannot get outmarked in our F50 with so many tall options. Must at least halve most contests.

One area we must capitalise is when Grigg is in the ruck. I hope BB and Cegs smell blood in the water when he tucks and they absolutely cannon into him at every opportunity.

We must go into full attack mode from stoppages when he rucks as he shouldn’t be winning any of the hit outs.

Hope to see Tom, Jaeger, Shiels, Silk, Roughie and Worpel taking the majority of the minutes as inside mids. That 6 is more than capable of matching their best 6 inside players.

Stratton to cover Caddy/Martin when they rest forward.

I agree with both of what you are saying which is why i wanted two rucks but we are to 1 player to tall guys, ceglsr for schoe or nash not miles, are we seriously going to let the quickest team forward of the ball walk out of defence because if u have schoe,ruck,and roughy in the 50, they will! those guys dont even average 2 tackles a game it wont happen,

We Wont line up like this, rumour is boxhill is expecting nash to play which would make this even worse.

The Tigers are only the quickest team forward of the ball when they have the ball. Clarko is backing our talls to clunk a lot of contested marks and control the play. Our structure vs their Chaos, it may be a spectacular failure but we won't die not knowing...

The Tigers are only the quickest team forward of the ball when they have the ball. Clarko is backing our talls to clunk a lot of contested marks and control the play. Our structure vs their Chaos, it may be a spectacular failure but we won't die not knowing...

I understand that, but we have played 22 weeks and our talls take limited contested marks at best. what it does really do is make it 3 talls vs 3. 3 smalls vs 3 and i think our smalls (gunston,breust,poppy) are alot better than vlaustin,short and houli.

I can see it working if schoey and roughy play really high dragging there tall defender out allowing mcevoy to play 1 on 1 with our smalls at his feet :)

Go hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either clunk them score behinds or Fp throw ins

Set up the rucks on the wings to mark or force the thing back. It’s it goes well, we wil relish any stoppage and the tigers wii be appealing for deliberate oob at every opportunity

Cheers mate. Myself and a few others knew he was coming last year, he wants to play with his mates and help keep our window open.

Just stoked.

If you have any info about any opposition player(s) who could be Hawthorn bound next month please don’t hesitate to share it on this board! ;)

I understand that, but we have played 22 weeks and our talls take limited contested marks at best. what it does really do is make it 3 talls vs 3. 3 smalls vs 3 and i think our smalls (gunston,breust,poppy) are alot better than vlaustin,short and houli.

I can see it working if schoey and roughy play really high dragging there tall defender out allowing mcevoy to play 1 on 1 with our smalls at his feet :)

Go hawks

I suspect Roughy will play predominately on the ball for short stints throughout the match, Shoey could be a late out if the forecast showers are heavier than expected....

thats great, seeing this poster makes me want to watch return of the jedi now, i loved Jabba's Palace, the Sarlacc Pit, slave leia and luke, Vader and the emperor show down....

Howe is a tough nut and those guys are important in finals, but im not sure he deserves to come straight back in, its a tough one, on one hand tough guys are worth their weight in gold in finals, on the other hand he has been out for awhile, had a 5 day break and does some dumb ill-disciplined stuff at times.

If you have any info about any opposition player(s) who could be Hawthorn bound next month please don’t hesitate to share it on this board! ;)

I tend to only share what i believe is true. So once i get more then rumor about the hawks ill share as your board is one thats not as feral as some *cough* pies.

Ceglar coming in means when McEvoy goes to the bench for a rest we don’t lose much in the clearances. In the last two games when Schoenmakers or Roughead go into the ruck the opposition get a run on in the clearances and start scoring.

With Nash, Gunston and Roughead in the forward-line there really is no need for Schoenmakers.

Going to be a cracker guys. Let there be no injuries to either side. You guys not worried if it rains? As you have seemed to go in quite tall.

Likewise!

We are slightly tall but we are flexible. Roughead/Gunston are both capable of playing multiple positions. Nash is 197cm but he plays like a small pressure forward, leads our tackles inside 50 since his inclusion and is arguably the fastest player in our side. So really the only lumbering giants are Shoenmakers/the resting ruck. I think it's a pretty big risk, but Rance/Astbury/Grimes absolutely bury teams if you don't keep them accountable. A late change is 50/50 with Shoenmakers the most likely omission.

If we are going to bring in a smaller player for a taller player because of the weather, I would bring in Miles. I think he has been solid and stiff to be dropped in the first place.
I agree, Miles is stiff.

However I said days ago that Howe is earmarked for Cotchin, and I am sticking with my prediction.

Still think that a late change will happen. Howe in for Shoe to play one role .... wear Dusty or Cotchin like a blanket, bump them, niggle then and give them the shits the whole game. If Howe touches it 5 times but Dusty or Cotchin don’t get into the Tigers best without a doubt Howe will be in Clarko’s coaches votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back