Preview 2018 1st Qualifying Final: Richmond v Hawthorn, 6 September 2018, 7.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they said the same about the Swans when they got Buddy, we would get weaker and they would get stronger then 2014 put that to bed

I still remember that cocky Swans poster on our board trolling after Buddy defected saying something like ‘sorry we’re just excited about our shiny new forward line’ - yeah that Buddy/Tippett combo paid dividends :drunk:.

If we get umpired like we did against the Swines, the umpires will stroll the ball out by paying Richmond any free they want.

If there is one absolute for tomorrow night the Tigers will gift us plenty of frees, its part of their game style strategy which not many have noticed...

Shoe is so important to our line-up, yes his stats are almost always the worse but what he does creates opportunities for everyone else in the forward line.
In the Geelong game and the Essendon game in the two favourite clips for everyone, Shoe is there.
Please people give the guy a break, he is the classic 'sacrificial lamb' of the team.

Expect an attack for this LL.:(

:bluecar:

I think you've nailed it.
Especially if it's raining or wet - Howe for Shoey.

I think we've been cagey with our selection. The statement from the club (I think from Clarkson?), that Howe is unlikely because he's only had a 5 day break after the Box Hill game, is too cute.
They nursed him through the Box Hill game! He didn't get on the ground at all in the first quarter and then used sparingly during the rest of the game.
Howe was brilliant last Sunday. He's a quality tagger and great in wet weather.

If they drop Nash for Howe, I'll publicly destroy my membership card, defecate on Clarkson's front door mat and drive my car through the Waverley front door (in that order)!!!

OK but if we win the game you will pay for and clean up all the damage done and then you can become a StKilda member from now on

G O. Y O U. H A W K E R S.

OK but if we win the game you will pay for and clean up all the damage done and then you can become a StKilda member from now on

G O. Y O U. H A W K E R S.

I'll meet you half way.
In that event (assuming we win without Howe) I'd be delighted to clean up the mess, pay for the damage, apologise to Clarkson but I draw the line at being a St Kilda member - nothing's worth that life sentence.

I'll meet you half way.
In that event (assuming we win without Howe) I'd be delighted to clean up the mess, pay for the damage, apologise to Clarkson but I draw the line at being a St Kilda member - nothing's worth that life sentence.

That's a bit harsh mate, the Saints 60 year rebuild is just coming into fruition....

When they say it’s 90% going to rain, it’s going to rain. Shame for the spectacle.

* I remember 2012 gf was going to be the worst ever weather and our ‘pretty football, wouldn’t cut it. In the end it wasn’t that wet, Sydney went in with two rucks to our one which went a fair way to help Sydney’s win

yes yes, no problems with this, his off the ball stuff is hugely important but many people still look at the stat column.

Actually man I was referring to the worse, should have been the worst, and some posters have been picking this up, but don't worry, mine was tongue in cheek. Maybe, like me you have an old keyboard which plays up from time to time.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually man I was referring to the worse, should have been the worst, and some posters have been picking this up, but don't worry, mine was tongue in cheek. Maybe, like me you have an old keyboard which plays up from time to time.;)

Many a good tune played on an old keyboard :)

Carna Hawks!

One of my main concerns I have is how rusty Sicily will be after missing 7 weeks particularly because he has been unable to do skill work due to his injury. Hope people are not expecting too much from him.

Going tall. Interesting. We must be confident in the midfield’s ability to maintain control against the Tiges. I’m glad to hear that. I thought they would drop one tall forward for Howe in the midfield. Instead the coaches must think the mids can keep the ball coming in.

I can’t wait for tomorrow.

If we are making a late change would prefer Miles to Howe. Has been decent since he came in and Howe remains me of Crowley. Just a deer in the headlights when he gets the ball. If it's pouring think Schoey or Cegs is in trouble. Not sure who I would rather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back