2018-2019 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Dallas is trading Pittsburgh back its own 2019 4th rounder for Jamie Oleksiak to return to Dallas.

Literally the same pick and player that was swapped 12 months ago.

Has that ever happened before?

(Side note; just what we needed Nill, another 6th / 7th defenseman), really building the depth of our squad back up to where it needs )

Dallas is trading Pittsburgh back its own 2019 4th rounder for Jamie Oleksiak to return to Dallas.

Literally the same pick and player that was swapped 12 months ago.

Has that ever happened before?

Brandon Prust was traded from Calgary to the Desert Dawgs before the trade deadline then traded back to Calgary a few months later during the off-season. Don’t think it was same pick or player(s), might have been for similar players.

Could be a costly loss for the Waddlers tonight. Still on holiday mode.

Having watched both, the bloke (Greco) in the AHL fastest skater competition having a faster time than McDavid’s time doesn’t pass the smell test.
Is there a difference between the way they are run? I remember a few folks bitching when Larkin broke the record because the older skills comps were done with standing starts.

Also, go on an internet free holiday and the Leafs go and get Muzzin for what looks like not much. Thoughts?

Great addition.

Kings got some quality from it as i like the prospect...the 1st rounder could be in the high 20s though..so not exactly premium.

Fair deal.

Looking forward to a hopeful leafs vs lightning 2nd round this year...would be electrifying

Great addition.
See I reckon it's a two-fold move: firstly as a boost for the post-season, and secondly as a Gardiner replacement for next season. There's a lot of guys going to get paid by the Leafs next season, and sadly I don't think Gards is one of them.

Is there a difference between the way they are run? I remember a few folks bitching when Larkin broke the record because the older skills comps were done with standing starts.

No idea, set-up looked similar but Greco was stumbling all over the place and gliding around the corners.
McDavid looked quicker and smoother, cross-overs around the bends.
Strange.

If you watch the video, Larkin went from the blue line to red line before the clock started, so he had about 5 strides. Conor was basically 1 step before he broke the beam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking about that today actually, who is on the ice for Edmonton in ot when Mcdavid and draisaitl need to rest?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back