MFC Fans Only 2018/2019 Summer Sports Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Paine is 34, if he retired tomorrow Jason Gillespie would have 2 more first class centuries than him....

Paine has 1 century in his whole career. Unbelievable

For mine he is the biggest indictment on our batting line up. Honestly Cummins and starc look more component than Paine. Aside from the 40 not out against Pakistan and maybe a 50 last year at the Gabba he hasn’t even looked like a handy number 8.

For mine he is the biggest indictment on our batting line up. Honestly Cummins and starc look more component than Paine. Aside from the 40 not out against Pakistan and maybe a 50 last year at the Gabba he hasn’t even looked like a handy number 8.
Who do we have that is a better keeper than him tho?

He came in at 5/120 ... far bigger things to worry about than your keeper scoring runs.

Who do we have that is a better keeper than him tho?

He came in at 5/120 ... far bigger things to worry about than your keeper scoring runs.

Just like a lack of quality top 6 we don’t have another ready made keeper batsmen. Wade on form you could argue a spot in the side but his batting at test level is worse.

But I’m far harsher on Paine, as captain he has had two innings of substance since he has been back in the side. His batting is very poor for a number 7, since he has been back in the side so many times we need him to make runs and he has failed as bad as anyone. Today included.

Could probably do worse than try Ellyse Perry in the middle order

Watched 5 minutes of the WBBL tonight. It's mildly watchable for its awfulness. Seeing a handful of players get out to lofted hand grenades reminded me of lower grade park cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like a lack of quality top 6 we don’t have another ready made keeper batsmen. Wade on form you could argue a spot in the side but his batting at test level is worse.

But I’m far harsher on Paine, as captain he has had two innings of substance since he has been back in the side. His batting is very poor for a number 7, since he has been back in the side so many times we need him to make runs and he has failed as bad as anyone. Today included.
I'd rather a cardboard cut out behind the stumps than Wade. Carey is the next in line, but isn't ready, so Paine is comfortably our best option.

Everyone would like him to be scoring more runs, it's just bemusing that the keeper, coming in at 7, is coping it for nicking a good delivery, when an opener lost his pegs, and the number 4 played on onto his stumps from a ball that started in the carpark.

I'd rather a cardboard cut out behind the stumps than Wade. Carey is the next in line, but isn't ready, so Paine is comfortably our best option.

Everyone would like him to be scoring more runs, it's just bemusing that the keeper, coming in at 7, is coping it for nicking a good delivery, when an opener lost his pegs, and the number 4 played on onto his stumps from a ball that started in the carpark.

I'm not saying Paine is the main problem, far from it. But how do you play first class cricket in Australia for over a decade and score 1 first class century.... 1!

Wade has 13 first class hundreds and is 5 years younger.

Finch and Marsh deserves criticism too, but at least Finch showed something in Dubai (has made runs in shorter formats) and Marsh has performed at international level.

Paine hasn’t even looked like a capable number 8 since his return to the side, and as Topkent said 1 FC century in his career.

I know he is the “only” option but it just further highlights the lack of talent in the country. He is captain and needs to start performing like one.

Finch and Marsh deserves criticism too, but at least Finch showed something in Dubai (has made runs in shorter formats) and Marsh has performed at international level.

Paine hasn’t even looked like a capable number 8 since his return to the side, and as Topkent said 1 FC century in his career.

I know he is the “only” option but it just further highlights the lack of talent in the country. He is captain and needs to start performing like one.

We have gone from picking Wade because he was lippy and a fighter to picking Paine who's a good bloke.

I'm sure Gerard Whately went home and prepared an article about how well Paine handled himself in his innings and how he represents the blue collar Australian with his average of 29 in his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back