Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
I read the most incredible article on fox sports the other day, apparently CA in their big fancy report said that 30 was the new 50 and we just needed to find more blokes who could get a start.
Aaron Finch was selected due to him reaching 30 the most times in the last couple years.

Apparently during the test series we reached between 30 and 70 the most times any Australian team has without a century. Congrats on lowering the bar CA

That sounds like Mark Neeld's "attempted tackles" defence.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The ODI kit choice for the upcoming series is the only thing CA has gotten right for a while. That should be the kit for a few years.

download.jpeg

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Langer and co are looking more incompetent as each day goes by. First it was “no one is banging the door down averaging 50” when in fact burns and wade are.

Now he girstles at a reporter questioning about CA’s directive to advise Maxwell not to play county cricket. Overnight it comes out Maxwell did in fact receive an email with this directive.

Admittedly this was in April before langer was appointed but surely langer and Hohns would of had this discussion considering the media coverage it was receiving.

So much for elite honesty.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What has Alex Carey or Peter Handscomb done in coloured cricket to come in before Glenn Maxwell who is in at 7. * there guys are useless

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
What has Alex Carey or Peter Handscomb done in coloured cricket to come in before Glenn Maxwell who is in at 7. **** there guys are useless

Carey at #7, Marsh and Finch open, Khawaja slides up to #3 and Maxwell at #4, where he can fail to build an innings and be useless like he generally is for 9 out of 10 innings.

More concerned about Khawaja at #4. In one-dayers, he should be in early given he's an accumulator rather than someone required to accelerate as the innings comes to a close.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Carey at #7, Marsh and Finch open, Khawaja slides up to #3 and Maxwell at #4, where he can fail to build an innings and be useless like he generally is for 9 out of 10 innings.

More concerned about Khawaja at #4. In one-dayers, he should be in early given he's an accumulator rather than someone required to accelerate as the innings comes to a close.

That's the thing about one day cricket though, Maxwell only has to fire one in every half a dozen innings and he wins you a game.
Carey Khawaja then Handscomb I see 3 blokes who will score at an SR of 80. This Indian team can score 300 in a T20

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
What has Alex Carey or Peter Handscomb done in coloured cricket to come in before Glenn Maxwell who is in at 7. **** there guys are useless

I think they are trying to use Maxwell and his power hitting to score runs in the last 10 overs like most sides did 5-10 years ago.

Carey i think is better suited to middle overs, he hasn’t shown the some hitting ability for the Aussies as he has for the strikers. Similar handscomb can bat in the middle overs or not at all.

Once again the selectors are reverting to plan D after so many failed one day series in the last 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I think they are trying to use Maxwell and his power hitting to score runs in the last 10 overs like most sides did 5-10 years ago.

Carey i think is better suited to middle overs, he hasn’t shown the some hitting ability for the Aussies as he has for the strikers. Similar handscomb can bat in the middle overs or not at all.

Once again the selectors are reverting to plan D after so many failed one day series in the last 2 years.
I reckon 7 is just a place holder position for Maxwell, and they'll trot him out at whatever stage they can use him best ... I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out next to try and give the run rate a kick along.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I reckon 7 is just a place holder position for Maxwell, and they'll trot him out at whatever stage they can use him best ... I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out next to try and give the run rate a kick along.
Update: Given he's sitting around in his warm up gear, I would now be very surprised if Maxwell comes in next ... which, as Warnie is saying, might be a bit of a mistake.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Update: Given he's sitting around in his warm up gear, I would now be very surprised if Maxwell comes in next ... which, as Warnie is saying, might be a bit of a mistake.

I think Maxwell is better used with 30 balls left than 20 overs. He and stonis you’d like to bat most of the final 10 overs.

By picking ussie and handscomb, the selectors are going a bit old school with our method to make runs. Build and build, then attack in the last 10 overs. As opposed to trying to blast the bowlers from ball one.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think Maxwell is better used with 30 balls left than 20 overs. He and stonis you’d like to bat most of the final 10 overs.

By picking ussie and handscomb, the selectors are going a bit old school with our method to make runs. Build and build, then attack in the last 10 overs. As opposed to trying to blast the bowlers from ball one.

Except India and England make 300 for fun. Scoring 270 isn't good enough anymore.

Having a lovely day flicking between the cricket and the Magic Millions actually, thanks for your interest. Might be time for a beer too.

Somewhat related ... have you tried Kayo?
I hadn't heard of it until now.

Are you forgetting that aus internet is s**t?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I hadn't heard of it until now.

Are you forgetting that aus internet is s**t?
Geez you are out in the sticks aren't you? The marketing blitz has been massive for it up here. There are 3 billboards with it between Gold Coast and Brisbane, and it's on every second bus stop at the moment ... In fact, the bus stop ads seem to be one of two images, one is Ben Simmons, and the other is Gus! Got a real surprise when I saw it the other day, this was in Brisbane afterall.

Fair call with the internet, it apparently holds up pretty well tho from what I've read ... unless you're still on dial up?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah, the PredictViz just suggested 283 ... India/Kholi will eat that for breakfast. The skates need to come on to have a fighting chance.

It's not just 283 either, it's 283 with A debutant, a kid who's played a handful of ODIs, a bloke who's playing his first in 8 years and a spinner who's struggled in the short form

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

This is why that's a fallacy. Now him and Stoinis have to make 120 from 60 balls or else we lose the game and they have to do it without warming up. Maxwell should be in and 30 off 30 right now ready to launch

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
This is why that's a fallacy. Now him and Stoinis have to make 120 from 60 balls or else we lose the game and they have to do it without warming up. Maxwell should be in and 30 off 30 right now ready to launch
To be fair, going off the form of our test team ... our number 7 would have been at the crease about 5 overs ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back