MFC Fans Only 2018/2019 Summer Sports Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen a bit of him and that's a pretty fair assessment - maybe Khawaja was his batting mentor at NSW. His footwork isn't great, still wafts at wide ones and he has a pretty heavy bottom hand. Another one who doesn't convert starts in to big scores. Hit a ton in his first dig for NSW at 18 and has 5 centuries in the next 102 innings. Could be a bit of self-imposed pressure and expectation from having burst on to the scene like that, but it was 7 years ago. Saying that, in his last 6 long-format games, he has 3 tons and 3 half-centuries batting at #3 or #4, so has more of an argument to be near the side than the likes of Labuschagne. We're well into picking the best of a bad bunch territory.

Could do a job against a weak Sri Lanka side but I wouldn't want to see him up against England in England or that South African attack. Jimmy Anderson would terrorize him over there.

Thing is if you have a pool of batsmen averaging in the 30s you may aswell pick the ones in form. Khawaja is a good example although Patterson was atleast more upright in his shots. Again watching someone in form is different to out of form.

None of these mid 30 average guys will be long term players so may aswell pick em when they are in form

Thing is if you have a pool of batsmen averaging in the 30s you may aswell pick the ones in form. Khawaja is a good example although Patterson was atleast more upright in his shots. Again watching someone in form is different to out of form.

None of these mid 30 average guys will be long term players so may aswell pick em when they are in form

Patterson averages 41 in FC cricket, but his split is like 5 tons / 25 fiddies. He hasn't had any big Shield "pick me" seasons that at least Khawaja had, hence he's been ambling along under the radar.

Patterson averages 41 in FC cricket, but his split is like 5 tons / 25 fiddies. He hasn't had any big Shield "pick me" seasons that at least Khawaja had, hence he's been ambling along under the radar.

41 average with that split is actually reasonably impressive. All he has to do is convert one of those 50s to a 100 each season and he walks into the side

Patterson added to the squad, I have no idea whether to applaud them for actually picking someone in form, or laugh at them for picking that squad 2 weeks early and then giving up on a couple after a 3 day game lol

Patterson added to the squad, I have no idea whether to applaud them for actually picking someone in form, or laugh at them for picking that squad 2 weeks early and then giving up on a couple after a 3 day game lol

It does smack of making things up on the fly, doesn't it? Still, better to include someone in good touch in the relevant form of the game rather than adding someone because they made a couple of BBL tons.

Wish I was able to watch the NFL rather than just follow the scores here at work. :(

Couldn't happen to a nicer team (I do actually feel sorry for Brees though)
I have Foxtel on my phone, so I watch it while working.

Spending extra attention on it today as the Chiefs are the last leg of my 9 leg multi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is taking Sri Lanka far too lightly, if they had Angelo Matthews in they would give themselves every chance of winning a test match.

Its a bit no win situation for the team, slaughter them and everyone will be "so they should"..... lose and the media will be calling for Langers head.

btw did you guys (other than TheCount who lives in Brisbane) realise there's a test match on today?

Yeah had a guy have a mental breakdown on here because I suggested that pucovskis 588 career runs isn't proof he will be the next Ponting and also suggesting that his view that Warner and Pietersen shouldn't have played international cricket because of their lack of discipline was moronic.

Everyone is taking Sri Lanka far too lightly, if they had Angelo Matthews in they would give themselves every chance of winning a test match.

Its a bit no win situation for the team, slaughter them and everyone will be "so they should"..... lose and the media will be calling for Langers head.

If they get to bat first and we chase they could easily win a test. However the Gabba has always gone well for us so it'll probably be the road that is Manuka

Late to the party but I don't really think we are. Sri Lanka are bad tourists, Matthews is out and Herath has retired. It's one of those ones where if we played them over in Sri Lanka, they'd be favourites, but because it's over here we should do a job on them. They're in as bad a state as we are, really. The bloke opening the batting has a test average of 23 and their bowlers all average between 35 and 40 (and they're not young).

Should be a good opportunity for some flat track bullies to stake a claim in the Aussie side.

Late to the party but I don't really think we are. Sri Lanka are bad tourists, Matthews is out and Herath has retired. It's one of those ones where if we played them over in Sri Lanka, they'd be favourites, but because it's over here we should do a job on them. They're in as bad a state as we are, really. The bloke opening the batting has a test average of 23 and their bowlers all average between 35 and 40 (and they're not young).

Should be a good opportunity for some flat track bullies to stake a claim in the Aussie side.
and their fielding sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back