MFC Fans Only 2018/2019 Summer Sports Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

You could argue worse, what with all the match fixing and corruption allegations flying around .... we're just a bunch of bad sports.

Match-fixing and corruption? Interesting. Must be for no-balls and such because I doubt they need to contrive to throw a match with their current lineup.

On a different note , the poms have just been bowled out for 77 in the West Indies . It seems like we haven't played the Windies for a while .

Might be worth a flutter on the Poms to win that one. Wonder what the odds are on the win?

I'd guess somewhere between long shot and hail mary .

340 odd behind at the moment. They would need to skittle the Windies for another 30 or 40, then they'd have a reasonable day 3 and 4 pitch to chase down 400 on. Poms have a reasonably deep batting lineup and the Windies are s**t, so I don't see it being an impossible task.

340 odd behind at the moment. They would need to skittle the Windies for another 30 or 40, then they'd have a reasonable day 3 and 4 pitch to chase down 400 on. Poms have a reasonably deep batting lineup and the Windies are s**t, so I don't see it being an impossible task.
Not impossible of course, but the highest run chase to win on this ground is 9-311 . The english press are writing this game off already as a warm-up match so i guess the odds would be quite juicy for a win .

Not impossible of course, but the highest run chase to win on this ground is 9-311 . The english press are writing this game off already as a warm-up match so i guess the odds would be quite juicy for a win .

Pretty negative but fairly standard for the Pome press. Rashid bats at #10 for England and he has 10 first class hundreds. Looks like most places are offering $5 to $6 for an England win, which is a little disappointing. Would've thought a 350 run lead with wickets in hand was worth a bit more.

Tim Paine is seriously lucky that we have no other leadership options, his batting has been sub par since coming back into the side. Only has one FC hundred. You could argue Cummins should bat ahead of him based on recent form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Paine is seriously lucky that we have no other leadership options, his batting has been sub par since coming back into the side. Only has one FC hundred. You could argue Cummins should bat ahead of him based on recent form.
Khawaja has scored 31 more runs than him this summer as a Number 3/Opener ... I know which one I'd be looking to replace first.

Khawaja has scored 31 more runs than him this summer as a Number 3/Opener ... I know which one I'd be looking to replace first.

Lazy work in the slips, too. Like his batting footwork is half-arsed, he was nearly upright when that edge came through off Lyon. Didn't bother correcting it next ball either, just kept on doing the same schtick.

Also bizarre commentary from Fleming. Lakmal has been taking them away from right-handers, so coming over the wicket he can at least straighten down the line against lefties. Cummins is swinging them away from the lefties, so staying around the wicket is perfectly fine. Hey presto, we get a wicket last ball still bowling around the wicket.

Paine also needs to stop giving Starc the new ball until he learns not to waste it.

Lazy work in the slips, too. Like his batting footwork is half-arsed, he was nearly upright when that edge came through off Lyon. Didn't bother correcting it next ball either, just kept on doing the same schtick.

Also bizarre commentary from Fleming. Lakmal has been taking them away from right-handers, so coming over the wicket he can at least straighten down the line against lefties. Cummins is swinging them away from the lefties, so staying around the wicket is perfectly fine. Hey presto, we get a wicket last ball still bowling around the wicket.

Paine also needs to stop giving Starc the new ball until he learns not to waste it.
Yeah, you see a lot harder than that taken. Would rather see Pucovski have a crack in the second test.

Yeah, you see a lot harder than that taken. Would rather see Pucovski have a crack in the second test.
isnt there some s**t where if we want him to play in the ashes he has to play second test to be eligible anyway. i didnt read story but that was the headline so * knows.

isnt there some s**t where if we want him to play in the ashes he has to play second test to be eligible anyway. i didnt read story but that was the headline so **** knows.
Nah, it was if we want him to play County cricket in England, in the lead up to the Ashes, he'll need to play this next test, as you apparently need to have played an international match before you're eligible.

Nah, it was if we want him to play County cricket in England, in the lead up to the Ashes, he'll need to play this next test, as you apparently need to have played an international match before you're eligible.
i should read the article instead of going off the headline haha. still rather give him a go and see how he goes in second test. * Stark off til he has found form why open up with him when he wasnt in best 2 bowlers in first innings. Going forward we just drop Richo again and go with same 3 quicks?

Just saw the missed chance. The * was he doing? I've seen Nick Riewoldt get lower to take a pack mark.

He's such a garbage cricketer, Shaun Marsh gets beaten with the s**t stick and rightfully so but old Ussie ain't far behind.

England only need 600 more. no chance but i hope the campaigners do it to s**t up the campaigners who want to carry on about being bowled for 77.we been * all for how long?? how about shutting the * up we as s**t as they come.

Pretty negative but fairly standard for the Pome press. Rashid bats at #10 for England and he has 10 first class hundreds. Looks like most places are offering $5 to $6 for an England win, which is a little disappointing. Would've thought a 350 run lead with wickets in hand was worth a bit more.

Odds should be a bit juicier now they're chasing 628...

Old mate Holder with the lazy 202 at a strike rate of 88, featuring 23 fours and 8 sixes! :eek:

I wonder how much Khawaja's performance is affected by his brothers situation. There's not many athletes perform at the best if they're distracted by also dealing with turmoil in their personal lives.

Odds should be a bit juicier now they're chasing 628...

Old mate Holder with the lazy 202 at a strike rate of 88, featuring 23 fours and 8 sixes! :eek:

My fur coat. Wasn't expecting that from the Windies...

Still, England 0/56. They'll give it an honest shake, but if you can't defend 628, you don't deserve to play test cricket. I'm glad I didn't flutter any dollars away.

Just saw the missed chance. The **** was he doing? I've seen Nick Riewoldt get lower to take a pack mark.

He's such a garbage cricketer, Shaun Marsh gets beaten with the s**t stick and rightfully so but old Ussie ain't far behind.

Eh, can't argue with the runs he's scored at first class level and he's at least had some success at Test level. He has a lot of deficiencies - some of them very basic - that make me question what it is our busload full of coaches do with their time. Having him at slip at Test level is on par with hiding the slow, fat bloke in slips at park level because you've got nowhere else to put him. If he can't do the basics or concentrate for long enough to field there, don't put him there. Maybe he and Paine have good chats?

I think he should be in the side, but as a senior member he's been very, very ordinary. He should be worried when Warner and Smith are due back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back