MFC Fans Only 2018/2019 Summer Sports Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh, can't argue with the runs he's scored at first class level and he's at least had some success at Test level. He has a lot of deficiencies - some of them very basic - that make me question what it is our busload full of coaches do with their time. Having him at slip at Test level is on par with hiding the slow, fat bloke in slips at park level because you've got nowhere else to put him. If he can't do the basics or concentrate for long enough to field there, don't put him there. Maybe he and Paine have good chats?

I think he should be in the side, but as a senior member he's been very, very ordinary. He should be worried when Warner and Smith are due back.

The bloke is 32 years old and has averaged 28 since his last century 10 innings ago. He's supposed to be in his prime but he's getting worse as a batsmen. That effort in the slips was a man who's not concentrating on his cricket. Labushagne has a poor FC record but you could see the work he put into his forward defence in his time off and it was the basis off his innings. s**t even Head looked like he dug in a bit more.
Khawaja is one of the main reasons we have been so bad lately.

Khawaja has scored 31 more runs than him this summer as a Number 3/Opener ... I know which one I'd be looking to replace first.

Fair call. At least ussie has scored test centuries. Paine spends more time coming up with clever sledges and backs it up with stuff all runs. He has a grand total of one FC century. Ussie is out of form, Paine is out of his depth.

The bloke is 32 years old and has averaged 28 since his last century 10 innings ago. He's supposed to be in his prime but he's getting worse as a batsmen. That effort in the slips was a man who's not concentrating on his cricket. Labushagne has a poor FC record but you could see the work he put into his forward defence in his time off and it was the basis off his innings. s**t even Head looked like he dug in a bit more.
Khawaja is one of the main reasons we have been so bad lately.

Don't disagree, but like with Shaun Marsh, if he gets dropped, he'll go back to state level and peal off a few scores and the selectors will pick him again because our batting is wafer thin.

Don't disagree, but like with Shaun Marsh, if he gets dropped, he'll go back to state level and peal off a few scores and the selectors will pick him again because our batting is wafer thin.

Because he is in our best XI, when he is in form. Right now thought he isn't worth a pinch of

Fair call. At least ussie has scored test centuries. Paine spends more time coming up with clever sledges and backs it up with stuff all runs. He has a grand total of one FC century. Ussie is out of form, Paine is out of his depth.
It makes me wanna vomit every time they pump up Paine as this hero of the Australia team. He was dropped from the Tasmanian team just before he was elevated into the Australian. Blokes a terrible batsmen and the luckiest right place right time captain in oz history

It makes me wanna vomit every time they pump up Paine as this hero of the Australia team. He was dropped from the Tasmanian team just before he was elevated into the Australian. Blokes a terrible batsmen and the luckiest right place right time captain in oz history
He was dropped from the Tassie side because Wade moved back there, and CA wanted him to play ... then they realised Wade can't keep, and Paine can. It'd be great if he could score more runs, but he's hardly on his own in that regard.

He was dropped from the Tassie side because Wade moved back there, and CA wanted him to play ... then they realised Wade can't keep, and Paine can. It'd be great if he could score more runs, but he's hardly on his own in that regard.

Wade averaging above 60 for tas in the shield. Wade was never as bad a keeper as people made out and he's a * load better bat than Paine.

Wade averaging above 60 for tas in the shield. Wade was never as bad a keeper as people made out and he's a **** load better bat than Paine.
No doubt about that, Wade should be in the team just as a batsman, but as a keeper - last time he was in the team at least - he cost us wickets, which we can seldom afford while we're persisting with an out of form and impotent Starc.

The point is moot anyway, he's the captain, he's not going anywhere.

No doubt about that, Wade should be in the team just as a batsman, but as a keeper - last time he was in the team at least - he cost us wickets, which we can seldom afford while we're persisting with an out of form and impotent Starc.

The point is moot anyway, he's the captain, he's not going anywhere.

He is also not at the top of our list of problems but he still didn't earn his spot in the side with performances.

That's my point, he's keeping well, and batting as well some others who's sole job is to score runs ... we've got much bigger issues than him at the moment.

I probably wouldn't care if the media hadnt pumped him up as a hero like they have. Articles on every news service talking about how funny he is and bullshit like that. Let's be real, he's captain of statistically the worst batting side since 1896. Maybe he could spend more time learning how to bat to bloody help us and less time at the stump mid saying what feels really suspiciously to me like pre written lines.

My main issue with Paine is not so much he isn’t scoring runs, but he has never scored runs at FC level consistently. He isn’t out of form as such, he just doesn’t have the ability to make decent test scores.

I also wish they would stop referring to Cummins as an allrounder. He's a bowler that can bat a little. If he is an allrounder then so was Warne.

Just let the kid develop, now people are expecting him to be able to contribute with the bat when we need him to work on his bowling. His Indian series was pretty crap too apart from one innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unbelievable catch from Patterson

Cummins has bowled a much fuller length this match. Most if not all of his wickets have been caught behind the batsmen

2.5 day Test match. We're weak, they're awful.

Ripping Women's Tennis Final tonight. Naomi Osaka has a lot of talent and grand slams ahead of her. Petra's refusal to give in was inspiring. Just a great match

I don’t understand all the criticism, to be honest ... (Starc) is bowling fast, he is moving it, he had the ball reversing in the nets.

Nathan Lyon 2019

If Starcs current effort isn't the most justifiable time to be critical then I don't know what is

yeah shocking shot by Koala, he's just plain lazy at the crease anyway but now his footwork is gone completely. I can see why they gave him another chance in this test, but there has to be a serious question mark over him going to England now. same goes for Harris, played another stupid shot outside off, its become a worrying trend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back