7 Nathan Lyon
8 Pat Cummins
9 Mitchell Starc
10 Josh Hazzelwood

11 Stonnis
12 Siddle
13 S Marsh
14 Wade

While the bowling is underwhelming i can;t see who comes in. Although i reckon Zampa would go alright, we need another spinner.

As for Renshaw, Harris and burns. I just want to get games into them until Smith returns
Zampa averages 47 with the ball in FC cricket FFS. He's a terrible bowler

I'm bored so i decided to pick my own Aus team

1 Joe Burns
2 Usman Khawaja
3 Matt Renshaw
4 Marcus Harris
5 Glen Maxwell (Playing as allrounder)
6 Tim Paine (C, WC)
7 Nathan Lyon
8 Pat Cummins
9 Mitchell Starc
10 Josh Hazzelwood

11 Stonnis
12 Siddle
13 S Marsh
14 Wade

While the bowling is underwhelming i can;t see who comes in. Although i reckon Zampa would go alright, we need another spinner.

As for Renshaw, Harris and burns. I just want to get games into them until Smith returns
I would rather lose a series than see Glenn Maxwell as a test player

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's bad when even Usman has a crack at bowling.

If i was India i wouldn't even bother declaring. Just bat as long as you can and absolutely rewrite the record books. Have some fun, really embarrass us

If i was India i wouldn't even bother declaring. Just bat as long as you can and absolutely rewrite the record books. Have some fun, really embarrass us
I reckon embarrassing us is their plan ... they don't need to win, they just need us not to. Reckon they're more than happy to make us bowl them out, and then enforce the follow on when we inevitably collapse for 180 and back themselves to take another 10 wickets when the pitch is actually doing something.

Say what you will about Big Bash, but at least it's usually a contest.

We haven’t made 300 in a innings this series, chances of us making India bat again are slim.

Won't be any re-writing of record books - Tests used to be timeless. Batting on and on and on and on and on was the norm. The only thing that used to pull an innings or a match up was if the effing boat was leaving.

I'm bored so i decided to pick my own Aus team

1 Joe Burns
2 Usman Khawaja
3 Matt Renshaw
4 Marcus Harris
5 Glen Maxwell (Playing as allrounder)
6 Tim Paine (C, WC)
7 Nathan Lyon
8 Pat Cummins
9 Mitchell Starc
10 Josh Hazzelwood

11 Stonnis
12 Siddle
13 S Marsh
14 Wade

Extra openers is a perfect fit for this batting line-up.

We haven’t made 300 in a innings this series, chances of us making India bat again are slim.

326 in Perth. We did win a game, after all. To be fair, until the first innings last match and then this innings, India hadn't been that impressive with the stick either. Pujara has been fantastic, Kohli pretty good, and the rest have been inconsistent or bad.

Won't be any re-writing of record books - Tests used to be timeless. Batting on and on and on and on and on was the norm. The only thing that used to pull an innings or a match up was if the effing boat was leaving.
That's twice in the last 15 years at least India have scored over 600 in the first innings in Sydney. Last time they made 700 and declared on day 3.
Surprise surprise we managed a draw

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...t/news-story/3c41f0c57669332fa51494ea84fb84e3

In the article our captain says Starc is out of form and low on confidence, then asks why the media is harsh on him when he's trying his hardest.....

Is he a ******* child? When you are the leading strike bowler for Australia and you are the first guy since the 70s to bowl 26 overs without a maiden you deserve some flak

When Warney criticized him early in the series they fired back like it was some personal vendetta when maybe they should have ******* listened or acknowledged the obvious.

"He’s going to have a bit of time off during the one-day series so there’s some time for him to go back and look at maybe what’s going wrong at the moment. “Has he been at his best in this series? No he hasn’t. Has he been (at this best) for a little while? Probably not. Starcy knows that. He’s working on it.”

Wait so he's been out of form for a while? Lucky he prepared for the series by not playing shield cricket FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god he's so funny and nice that we don't have to worry about how s**t his captaincy has been, like when at 4-300 we spread the field on day 2 which allowed them to bat the day. Hopefully fox can do some more puff pieces about how funny he is or how Pant took a photo with his kids. :):):):)

Or how Starc was picked again after losing all form and confidence and only bowling 8 overs on day 2

Lucky he's so nice and friendly and nothing like that evil Kohli or Clarke. I'm glad that after conceding 600 at home we all still love him

Screenshot_20190104-085232.jpg

Thank god he's so funny and nice that we don't have to worry about how s**t his captaincy has been, like when at 4-300 we spread the field on day 2 which allowed them to bat the day. Hopefully fox can do some more puff pieces about how funny he is or how Pant took a photo with his kids. :):):):)

Or how Starc was picked again after losing all form and confidence and only bowling 8 overs on day 2

Lucky he's so nice and friendly and nothing like that evil Kohli or Clarke. I'm glad that after conceding 600 at home we all still love him

View attachment 601485
I think you might be taking this too much to heart.

View attachment 601485

So who comes in for Starc?

View attachment 601485

I agree with your thoughts on Paine, admittedly the cheeky sledges, photos on social media, answering jurnos phones mid presser is all worse by the fact we are losing and losing badly. But I’d like to see him just worry about captaining and making runs.

He has been in sledging match all summer with pant and batting wise has been beaten badly. For mine he escaped scrutiny with his batting, his made some handy score if he were number 8 not a batsmen-keeper at number 7.

In regards to Starc, personally I don’t think he is the type of guy that responds to public criticism particularly from his captain. Warney and other commentators can say what they want, but I don’t think Paine coming out and really hitting Starc between the eyes will do any good. As I said the other day starc gives the impression he picks and chooses when to work hard.

I agree with your thoughts on Paine, admittedly the cheeky sledges, photos on social media, answering jurnos phones mid presser is all worse by the fact we are losing and losing badly. But I’d like to see him just worry about captaining and making runs.

He has been in sledging match all summer with pant and batting wise has been beaten badly. For mine he escaped scrutiny with his batting, his made some handy score if he were number 8 not a batsmen-keeper at number 7.

In regards to Starc, personally I don’t think he is the type of guy that responds to public criticism particularly from his captain. Warney and other commentators can say what they want, but I don’t think Paine coming out and really hitting Starc between the eyes will do any good. As I said the other day starc gives the impression he picks and chooses when to work hard.

The way he has been pumped up for leading us to a home loss is baffling.
He has been given this immunity from critisicm due to his apparent nice guy mantra.

Starc is soft in the head

What’s worse about loose bus change batting at 3 for Australia, he tried batting at 3 for QLD but failed and was demoted to number 4. So he can’t bat at 3 for his state but can for Australia

What’s worse about loose bus change batting at 3 for Australia, he tried batting at 3 for QLD but failed and was demoted to number 4. So he can’t bat at 3 for his state but can for Australia

Finch was picked as on opener playing at 6 for Vic, Paine is our captain an keeper despite being picked behind Wade for Tas. Really feels like we are hoping for something magic rather than actually building something

A lot of negativity in here, and rightfully so but can we just applaud harris

His technique is very compact, plays away from his body a bit on the back foot but probably has the best technique of all our batsmen.
I actually think he could be the long term 3 if they wanna bring Renshaw back to open

Remove this Banner Ad

Back