Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah, it's almost like bowling at the stumps is an effective bowling tactic ... who knew!

Also the speed guns look way off, Behrendorfs 135 looks way sharper than Cummins and Hazlewood looked. Same with Richardson here

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
At a minimum, Stoinis and Maxwell should have been swapped, when the former came in would have been better suited to Maxwell, and now would be a good time for Stoinis to come in and just all out attack.

Meh, Stoinis and Maxwell are much of a muchness. They're both doinksmen.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
I'm not too bothered by the batting that has been picked. The thinking would appear to be too try and add some steel* to the lineup after a year of batting collapses. Perhaps Stoinis or Maxwell could've come in at 4 or 5 but ultimately Marsh and Khawaja running closer to a run a ball (of which they are capable) would have been expected. Handscomb is the obvious one to make way for a Lynn or Short but he well justified his selection.

*I use this term extremely loosely.

As Topkent and I said ... 288 was more than enough, thanks to our much feared bowling attack ... you guys didn't need to worry ...
Thanks, you saved me tuning into the radio

Patrick Mahomes is enormously entertaining.
How the * is he in his first season as starter. Dude is insane. Denver, Oakland and LA must be shitting themselves about the next decade.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
How the **** is he in his first season as starter. Dude is insane. Denver, Oakland and LA must be shitting themselves about the next decade.

He's ridiculous.

The Browns and Jets may well be content with Mayfield and Darnold now and even Chicago with Trubisky but the Titans, Bengals, even the Chargers and especially the Jaguars will be kicking themselves for overlooking Mahomes in the draft.

He's ridiculous.

The Browns and Jets may well be content with Mayfield and Darnold now and even Chicago with Trubisky but the Titans, Bengals, even the Chargers and especially the Jaguars will be kicking themselves for overlooking Mahomes in the draft.
Bills worst of all, traded that pick to KC

He's ridiculous.

The Titans?

They drafted Mariota @ pick #2 two years before Mahomes was drafted and he had a 26 td - 9 int for 3,400+ yards @ at passer rating of 95ish the season before Mahomes was drafted.

In what world would they have gone and drafted another qb in the first round when mahomes was drafted?

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Titans?

They drafted Mariota @ pick #2 two years before Mahomes was drafted and he had a 26 td - 9 int for 3,400+ yards @ at passer rating of 95ish the season before Mahomes was drafted.

In what world would they have gone and drafted another qb in the first round when mahomes was drafted?

Fair enough. I don't follow the Titans too closely and mostly hear pretty negative talk regarding Mariota. Thought he was a bit older than that too.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Anyone watching the cricket?

Interesting from finch, bowled Lyon an extra over and now berendorf will only bowl 9 overs.

Sloppy from start from the Aussie openers, Finn badly out of form. Ussie and handscomb getting out to easily and not leaving enough wickets in the final overs to push past 300.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If we think getting scores of 300 will work in this era of modern cricket we will go out of the world cup real early. 300 is like 250 10 years ago. It's definently competitive but I don't think it wins us games against the big sides often

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
If we think getting scores of 300 will work in this era of modern cricket we will go out of the world cup real early. 300 is like 250 10 years ago. It's definently competitive but I don't think it wins us games against the big sides often

I don't think anyone believes that scores of 300 is going to be enough to see us return to the top of world cricket, it's just that's what we're capable of scoring at the moment. Adding Smith and Warner will help but the reality is, even at full strength we don't have any batsmen the calibre of Rohit Sharma let alone the otherworldly ability of Virat Kohli. We're just simply outgunned.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we need to tell Finch to blast away at the top of the order. simplify it for him a bit. its hard watching him prod around at the ball like he's trying to build an innings or something. he hasn't got the technique for that, just belt it mate.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
288 was enough last game, but your not going to have sides 3/4 to often. I think the slow start from openers and losing 4 quick wickets at the end cost us 20-30 runs. Also the bowlers as a group were not damaging enough.

At least our last 3 one dayers we have made over 280 each time, something we’ve struggled to do over the past 18 months.

Back