2018 AFL Crowds & Ratings thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Viewed another way, to say the AFLW's only competition is the AFL itself is a positive statement. It would appear that the women have already seen off the A-League as a competitor.
The AFLW biggest competitor will always be the AFL. It is the same for every sport. NBL and the NBA. NBA to Euroleague. A-league and EPL. EPL to La Liga. I am sure there is a correlation between a domestic T20 league and the fall in attendances in ODI's. it was a war between 2 RL leagues which hurt the NRL the most.

The people who don't like AFLW most of the time compare it to other forms of AR and not other entertainment options.

-MELB: 79k (very disappointing result)

Thats a shocker for CH 9 in Melbourne in Prime Time The advertisers would not be happy with those pathetic figures for a Friday night.

I cant recall CH 9 ever getting that sort of figure on their main channel before in that time slot.

AFLX Fox and the AFL would be happy with the 126 K figure

Thats a shocker for CH 9 in Melbourne in Prime Time The advertisers would not be happy with those pathetic figures for a Friday night.

I cant recall CH 9 ever getting that sort of figure on their main channel before in that time slot.

If they can give the Melbourne Fox figures for the Club Challenge, that will be interesting as reading on the RL forum, some tuned out of 9’s coverage due to Phil Gould (who hates the Storm) and watched it on Fox Sports. If Fox took the 9 commentary feed then my point would be moot obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

winter olympics, AFLX with only melbourne teams, and a cracking T20i match all on at the same time. huge night for sport.

If they can give the Melbourne Fox figures for the Club Challenge, that will be interesting as reading on the RL forum, some tuned out of 9’s coverage due to Phil Gould (who hates the Storm) and watched it on Fox Sports. If Fox took the 9 commentary feed then my point would be moot obviously.

Their commentary is old, tired and pretty boring. Thankfully the fox feed has their own commentary team which is ultimately far, far better with a much younger and vibrant feel about it.

winter olympics, AFLX with only melbourne teams, and a cracking T20i match all on at the same time. huge night for sport.

Indeed.

With AFLX they should have done the RLWC thing and place the bulk of the crowd on the side opposite to the camera to make it appear to be a big crowd. Reality was for most RLWC matches the camera side was virtually empty.

I think the issue was broadcast side was also the shadey side, and you cant have kids and stuff sitting in the bright sun unsheltered for 3 hours

That's half of what Adelaide got at their last AFLW home game two weeks ago. AFLW has serious issues.

The AFL isnt even charging for these things. Crowds are not the be all and end all of AFLW at this stage.
Carltons home game against brisbane had 400 more people attend than the same game at Ikon Park in R7 last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back