Game Day 2018 AFL Draft (6:30PM AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

In the movie, which went for 2 hours, Kevin Costner had all day and by selection time, it was 10 mins Kap...pretty sure we did similar. Great movie is Draft Day and I still think Jennifer Garner is very tidy indeed!
Yes Mick agreed (more of a Charlize type of guy myself) However, we shouldn't need to get prior approval for a legal use of the AFLs own rules, but given recent history I get why.

Not fair at all Waldorf. Buckenara and Twomey were wrong, just like Ted was! Another poster had WB bidding because Gordon doesn’t likes us...seriously, that’s just rubbish!

Waldorf.......you know I can't even remember what the bet was?

Oh yes I do. That Geelong player didn't wind up at West Coast. Geelong will regret that when they're looking to manipulate the trade rules and West Coast won't play.

Sydney: "Hey West Coast, we've got a bloke here who wants to get home to WA. Good kid, can play. Do you want him?"

West Coast: "Oh yeah? How much?"

Sydney: "Well we're short a ruckman. Ours are a bit injury prone. You got one you're not using?"

West Coast: "Well you're not getting Nic Nat, and we reckon Lycett's got better upside so how about Sinclair?'

Swans: "Done"

Geelong: "Hey West Coast we've got this bloke who wants to get home for family reasons."

Geelong: "2 first round picks, Nic Nat, your daughter, a Mars Bar and a Coke."

West Coast: "Did someone say coke....oh right......lol........no."

West Coast: "Hey Sydney, want to have some fun with the draft?"

Geelong: "Hey West Coast, want to have fun with the draft?"

West Coast: "I think we have a bad line. Did someone say line?"

Waldorf.......you know I can't even remember what the bet was?

Oh yes I do. That Geelong player didn't wind up at West Coast. Geelong will regret that when they're looking to manipulate the trade rules and West Coast won't play.

Sydney: "Hey West Coast, we've got a bloke here who wants to get home to WA. Good kid, can play. Do you want him?"

Sydney: "Well we're short a ruckman. Ours are a bit injury prone. You got one you're not using?"

West Coast: "Well you're not getting Nic Nat, and we reckon Lycett's got better upside so how about Sinclair?'

Swans: "Done"

Geelong: "Hey West Coast we've got this bloke who wants to get home for family reasons."

Geelong: "2 first round picks, Nic Nat, your daughter, a Mars Bar and a Coke."

West Coast: "Did someone say coke....oh right......lol........no."

West Coast: "Hey Sydney, want to have some fun with the draft?"

Geelong: "Hey West Coast, want to have fun with the draft?"

West Coast: "I think we have a bad line. Did someone say line?"

Very good Waldorf, that’s very well played!

Oh man, For some reason I thought Carlton traded next years first rounder for Adelaides 19 this year and that was it. Been laughing about it for a bit, didn't realise Adelaide included next years 1st rounder. Not as bad as I thought.

Adelaide are getting pick 1 next year...they are laughing!

I’d like us to go Rowbottom though not sure if he’s worth a pick 25. But like the look of him, he’s like an energiser bunny, just keeps going and going and having a crack. I know the club has considered him but whether they’d take a chance on him ahead of say a Hill or a Valente I don’t think so.

You wouldn't think you'd need a top 26 pick for Rowbottom but then again he's a very lively type. Like the look of him!

the head line on afl.com.au is Swans SNEAKY move. So much jealousy over such a minor move.

i am glad we showed up the afl but i don't really see that much difference in talent between the start and end of the second round.

the head line on afl.com.au is Swans SNEAKY move. So much jealousy over such a minor move.

i am glad we showed up the afl but i don't really see that much difference in talent between the start and end of the second round.

Think there was a clear top 9 with Lukosius, Rankine, Walsh, Blakey, King x2, Rozee, Smith and Caldwell. Then a drop off after that.

You wouldn't think you'd need a top 26 pick for Rowbottom but then again he's a very lively type. Like the look of him!

Just depends how highly the club rate him, or if they do at all. Just because he was on our radar a week or two ago doesn’t mean he is now!

Just depends how highly the club rate him, or if they do at all. Just because he was on our radar a week or two ago doesn’t mean he is now!

I doubt we expected to have pick 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't even researched who would be available in the 20 to 30 range as I thought there was no chance of us having a pick in that range.

MacKenzie, McLennan, Hill plus bids for Kelly and West will be some of the first cabs off the rank tomorrow. We’re going to get a very good player.

Edit - Valente and Taylor still available too! Bids for Briggs and Scott won’t be far away either.

Last edited:
I don’t doubt that we knew we’d improve our draft hand. Unlikely we knew it would be as good as 25 though...

Someone like Valente if he's on the board we wouldn't have done much homework. One would assume there would be a few phone interviews tonight with a few of these players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back