Game Day 2018 AFL Draft (6:30PM AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think the trading itself was a surprise, however the ability to split the trade into two halves to “cheat” (completely legal) the bidding system caught almost everyone by surprise.

I wonder if that will be reviewed!
Yes, that’s what I meant.
It’s funny skimming through other boards reading comments.
Pretty much mirrors Fox footy team team reaction.
1: for gods sake will someone pick Blakey and make them pay!!
2: ???
3: Then..WTF!! Sydney you dodgy bastards!!
4: well done you dodgy bastards why didn’t we think of that

If we are relying on a 1st year tall we are kidding ourselves. Add one mature aged one in the rookie draft.
Obviously we wouldn't rely on a rookie kpd, but to have one v Maibaum batyling to inherit Reg's spot would be ideal. Just thought we lack a guy to handle the monster kpf ongoing.

I don’t think it should. It was a very clever use of the rules and if others weren’t smart to pick up on it, tough t***ies!

Oh absolutely. I’d love them to leave it but it wouldn’t surprise me if they changed it.

My view is someone was going to do it, and the AFL might review it thereafter, so why not be us. I am glad that the club were bold and get the first, perhaps even the only crack at it.

Forever we will be the first team in history (along with West Coast) to do a live trade and we did it by exploiting the AFLs lack of foresight. Hilarious!

Oh absolutely. I’d love them to leave it but it wouldn’t surprise me if they changed it.

My view is someone was going to do it, and the AFL might review it thereafter, so why not be us. I am glad that the club were bold and get the first, perhaps even the only crack at it.

Forever we will be the first team in history (along with West Coast) to do a live trade and we did it by exploiting the AFLs lack of foresight. Hilarious!
Hawks board worst than Norf on our picks swaps. Hilarious.

Think GWS ended up huge winners

They lost a lot of good players though, hard to say if it will be a win in the long-term. I think probability dictates the more you recycle the more you are likely to lose ground with the ones that bust, but they had a pretty decent deck of talent to start with, can probably afford to lose some ground.

Obviously we wouldn't rely on a rookie kpd, but to have one v Maibaum batyling to inherit Reg's spot would be ideal. Just thought we lack a guy to handle the monster kpf ongoing.

Maibaum is on our list at least. We have enough defenders needed mids. Got them

Obviously didn’t get a draft free kick?
Perhaps they forgot about getting Scully for pick 40 odd?

St Scum board also utterly lost it. One poster called us and Im quoting here...’the white collar criminals of the AFL’ (insert moral outrage here)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to know the honest thoughts of rankine and luekocious over being drafted to gc.

I expect that the suns will go straight away and try extend their contracts while the euphoria of being drafted is still present

Perhaps they forgot about getting Scully for pick 40 odd?

St Scum board also utterly lost it. One poster called us and Im quoting here...’the white collar criminals of the AFL’ (insert moral outrage here)
Well maybe if they were more white collar, they’d employ more blue collar and they’d have more than one flag? As I tell all suffering Saints supporters...suck s**t, you chose them!

When will their rolling 3 first round picks every year end ? :mad:

What a f###ing liberty !
This is the AFL’s fault for allowing them to draft so many 1st rounders at inception plus a year or two. If you think about it, draft a round 1, you’ll want a round 1 at trade. They’ve been very astute.

Maibaum is on our list at least. We have enough defenders needed mids. Got them
Tell you what it's gotten a lot harder for Ling, Stoddart to get an easy run into the team. As it should, but geeze they'd want to have been putting in early prep. Florent and Hayward will earn their spot every week now too. Options everywhere...
Bit of a change from 'Robbo or Towers to come in' discussions...

Agreed. I have a 5 month old wolf hound puppy and she is always tripping over herself and landing on her face.
So like my Friday and Saturday nights eh.

They lost a lot of good players though, hard to say if it will be a win in the long-term. I think probability dictates the more you recycle the more you are likely to lose ground with the ones that bust, but they had a pretty decent deck of talent to start with, can probably afford to lose some ground.

I know but still recon their first could be the best of the lot!

Hawks board worst than Norf on our picks swaps. Hilarious.

They handle losing worse than any of the other 17 supporter bases, it’s unbelievable. Especially when you consider they’ve had SO much success that you’d think a brilliant ploy to get back into the second round of a draft would pale in comparison. Apparently they simply MUST be jerks as a collective! Oh well!

I would love to know the honest thoughts of rankine and luekocious over being drafted to gc.

I expect that the suns will go straight away and try extend their contracts while the euphoria of being drafted is still present

They are goners IMO, hope I’m wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back