Resource 2018 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide get pick 13 (from Sydney), McAdam (from SANFL via Carlton) and future fifth round pick (from Carlton)
Carlton get McGovern and Adelaide's future third round pick
Sydney get pick 26, pick 28 (both from Carlton) and pick 40 (from Adelaide)

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 11.46.10 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lore
I really hope you have this table automated in some way.

Great job anyway.

During the year it’s 100% automatic, linked to an online ladder which updates weekly. I usually check it on a Monday or Tuesday and screenshot it in case the spreadsheet breaks, and as a kind of change log I guess, but the actual embed in the OP should always be as up to date as the source URL for the ladder.

During the actual trade period updating the order is manual, but collating by club, the points calculation, rankings, sorting, and colour formatting by round is all automatic (including when the round is extended by compensation picks).

Basically what happens is I’m subscribed to the AFL House twitter account which pushes notifications to my phone when a trade goes through. Usually the AFL app pushes a notification as well. This year the AFL House account is under new management and is a bit slack sometimes with posting updates, hence using other sources such as club websites to check the trade details the other day.

Once I have that information I just update the 2019 trades column in the draft order tab, add the name of the player to the “in” column, screenshot the first page and post it here with the source info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back