List Mgmt. 2018 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND is hoping to offer talented WA teenager Sydney Stack an AFL lifeline, with the Tigers inviting him to train at Punt Road.

The Tigers submitted a request to the AFL over the weekend and is waiting for League approval.

If given the green light, Stack will arrive at Tigerland on December 1, and can train with Richmond during the pre-season supplemental selection period until March 15.

He could then join Richmond's list under the new rookie rules.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-26/tigers-seek-draft-lifeline-for-overlooked-wa-star

I agree that players these days should show more loyalty to football clubs. But Gold Coast isn't a football club, it's a failed marketing stunt. Frankly I'm amazed they can manage to find 40 players willing to sign a contract to play for them.

You'll notice that not many of those 40 odd players are much good. If no other club wanted you, getting paid to play football on the Gold Coast sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

It's the AFL. You can literally drug cheat and still not only fill your roster with more players than a club that got shafted by said cheating suspensions, but also keep all the tasty draft picks for finishing last.

That year all their draft pics should have been end of round. The AFL logic of “not wanting to punish them more” stripping them of all picks would be punishing them more. Moving those picks to end of of round picks is about not rewarding them for drug cheating. Which is effectively what the AFL did.

It's the AFL. You can literally drug cheat and still not only fill your roster with more players than a club that got shafted by said cheating suspensions, but also keep all the tasty draft picks for finishing last.

But if you are an unwitting victim of that club's drug cheating we will throw the book at you!

RICHMOND is hoping to offer talented WA teenager Sydney Stack an AFL lifeline, with the Tigers inviting him to train at Punt Road.

The Tigers submitted a request to the AFL over the weekend and is waiting for League approval.

If given the green light, Stack will arrive at Tigerland on December 1, and can train with Richmond during the pre-season supplemental selection period until March 15.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-26/tigers-seek-draft-lifeline-for-overlooked-wa-star
Sydney Stack sounds like a breakfast item from a Darling Harbour cafe menu

I agree that players these days should show more loyalty to football clubs. But Gold Coast isn't a football club, it's a failed marketing stunt. Frankly I'm amazed they can manage to find 40 players willing to sign a contract to play for them.

That $12.45 million salary cap isn't going to spend itself haha.

loosing wingard hurts but i feel better seeing we got Burton, mayes and duursma for him....
and turning pick 11 for polec into rozze id a bit underwhelming on face value. depends how he turns out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this claim is completely unfounded and unfair, but I look at Rozee’s face and think he isn’t going to cut. All too nice and gentle.

As uncle junior may say, he doesn’t have the makings of a varsity athlete.

Ps: I accept all that is coming to me from the baseless statement

Another unfounded claim, I look at Butters face and think he is going to be something very very special.

Laugh at me now fellow big footers, but I will recirculate this post in a few years.

It’s all in the face.

Plow out.

Another unfounded claim, I look at Butters face and think he is going to be something very very special.

Laugh at me now fellow big footers, but I will recirculate this post in a few years.

It’s all in the face.

Plow out.

I thought that once.

But then you took my money and didn't plow my driveway.

Does getting Grundy and Woodcock later in the draft than they were perhaps expected to go, cancel out the fact that we "surrendered" a few picks to Freo in the pick swap?

Does getting Grundy and Woodcock later in the draft than they were perhaps expected to go, cancel out the fact that we "surrendered" a few picks to Freo in the pick swap?

No

They didn’t go later than what was expected at all.

The positive about their selection is that they were in position of needs and we had free spots on our list anyway.

I think Port should be doing this. Leave a spot open on the rookie list. Try out a couple of the kids for a rookie spot with a guarantee of being looked after and offered a spot with the magpies. Dillon O'Reilly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back