List Mgmt. 2018 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know why we didn’t have a look at Stocker

18 other picks looked over him too. He was also rated by all football and draft observers around the mark he was taken, so I wouldn't be too worried about not taking him.

He might be alright, but Carlton sold the farm to get him so he needs to become more than alright. He needs to become a star.

Don’t know why we didn’t have a look at Stocker

Agree, but it's always going to be like that. Players have been touted after the draft as "the one" and sometimes they are but sometimes there is a good reason they slid. And stories of potential success will abound after the draft. It can be difficult to know which are from people in the know and which come from supporters pleased with the draft. Another one we passed on, Riley Collier-Dawkins has been compared favourably to successful players.

Overpaying for Mitch McGovern, taking the safe bet popular decision ready to play midfielder over the generational key forward and trading next years first for a mid this year all reek of Bolton knowing he is gone next year if he doesn’t notch some wins.

yep, i don't understand it
keep your pick 1 go Lukosius
Turn your mature age picks into 13 and pick up stocker
don't sell your future first in a swap with the crows
don't get McGovern

yep, i don't understand it
keep your pick 1 go Lukosius
Turn your mature age picks into 13 and pick up stocker
don't sell your future first in a swap with the crows
don't get McGovern
The list management teams from the Crows and Carlton should never be left alone together without supervision. Same goes for Crows and Brisbane.

Agree, but it's always going to be like that. Players have been touted after the draft as "the one" and sometimes they are but sometimes there is a good reason they slid. And stories of potential success will abound after the draft. It can be difficult to know which are from people in the know and which come from supporters pleased with the draft. Another one we passed on, Riley Collier-Dawkins has been compared favourably to successful players.
I remember the Crows forum going crazy over the HUGE get of James Sellar at pick 8. The major slider who fell to their spot but should've been pick #1....

Remember getting stuck into them on their forum about him after the draft and their unrealistic hopes and opinions on him. Feel like maybe I should go bump those posts lol.

I remember the Crows forum going crazy over the HUGE get of James Sellar at pick 8. The major slider who fell to their spot but should've been pick #1....

Remember getting stuck into them on their forum about him after the draft and their unrealistic hopes and opinions on him. Feel like maybe I should go bump those posts lol.

And we drafted Butcher.

All evens out.

Yeah, Hawthorn not picking him is going to bite them on the bum.

Had he gone lower I'm sure they would have picked him.
He was picked at 38 - 465 points. The only pick they had with any points was 53 - 233. With a flat 197 discount the earliest match is at 430(40) so they could not have got him without trading one of next years' picks or going into deficit. They have 1 and 2 only next year having traded 3 and 4 and may not have thought Mosquito was worth either option. If they went into deficit the points would have come from the second-round pick.

You wouldn't be a banophile? :p

Pick 14. There was a reason all the other clubs overlooked him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at my face
o_O
Another unfounded claim, I look at Butters face and think he is going to be something very very special.

Laugh at me now fellow big footers, but I will recirculate this post in a few years.

It’s all in the face.javascript:void(null);

Plow out.
Look at my face
o_O

I've been looking back on the live trades, some seem fair or at least have some reason because one club may have thought the trade worth it but some still confuse me. Two Sydney/West Coast trades seemed odd till it became clear they were done to protect Sydney's highest pick from being used in a bid. The Adelaide/Carlton swap appears to favor Adelaide but Carlton thought it was worth it and as another poster has mentioned Bolton could be trying to protect his job.
One that has me befuddled is Gold Coast swapping 27 for West Coast's 23 but also 32 for West Coast's future 5. A pick that ended up being Bailey Williams for a 2019 pick that could be in the 80s? Going 4 places higher in the draft doesn't seem to offset that. And Adelaide sent 24 to GWS for 28. The sweetener from the Giants? A future round 2 pick for a future round 5 pick, and the future pick is tied to Carlton. I don't know about you but that translates to me as 4 places in this draft for a pick in the 20s next year. The future round 5 pick will be basically worthless.
Most of the others were those pick swaps that it is impossible to understand unless you are one of the club officials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back